Cloaker

Gunboats; Hottest secondary sale ship right now

1 minute ago, kempokid said:

I kinda like the challenge of building inside a limited amount of ships/upgrades. But that ultimately means the better flyers are going to win since there will be similar builds. To a degree, list building can give a competitive edge over straight-up better flying (again to a degree). 

But yeah I love my gunboats and b-wings.

That and as an Imperial my options are very limited.  The advanced might be worth flying now, but before that our options were laughable.

1 minute ago, HolySorcerer said:

Another reason to give zero ****s about hyperspace.  No Gunboats.

My concern with Hyperspace was never with the concept, but rather that the amount of options available was insufficient. If each faction had, say, 7 ships available and didn’t ban almost the entire set of unique faction cards for a faction (seriously, the Imperial crew ban is beyond reasonable) then it would be better. Because with a few more ships, the odds of a power list existing that a faction(s) has no answer for decreases drastically.

There is a balance point where an interesting format can exist. But 4 ships per faction is below what I’d consider a reasonable limitation.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:15 PM, RedHotDice said:

You stand amidst my achievement:

5(!) * 

Nu squadron pilot+Ion cannon+Xg1 assault+advanced slam (40pt)

200pt

(You may fire when disarmed=After slam)

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v5!s!164:-1,-1,-1,104,144:U.11;164:-1,-1,-1,104,144:U.11;164:-1,-1,-1,104,144:U.11;164:-1,-1,-1,104,144:U.11;164:-1,-1,-1,104,144:U.11&sn=Fire when disarmed&obs=

You will walk the enemy list of the table from first engagement.

Looks interesting.  How comes Ion over HLC?

1 minute ago, Blast Tundra said:

Looks interesting.  How comes Ion over HLC?

Widearc + control, with five ion cannons the enemy list will be showered in ion tokens, and once caught, be trapped until it simply flyes of the board. 

5 minutes ago, RedHotDice said:

Widearc + control, with five ion cannons the enemy list will be showered in ion tokens, and once caught, be trapped until it simply flyes of the board. 

Nice - death by a thousand cuts too!