Sign in to follow this  
zooeyglass

Drawn to the Flame: two years of the podcast and 100 episodes

Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to check in about the podcast I do with Peter: Drawn to the Flame. Today's a special day for the cast, as we're celebrating two years and 100 episodes of podcasting all about this magnificent, challenging and always entertaining game! So, I thought I'd at least put a post here for you all, too, to catch the episode: https://drawntotheflamepodcast.blogspot.com/2019/01/episode-100-two-years-of-drawn-to-flame.html Really proud we've made it this far, and still feels like we have so much we want to discuss and share with you. 

Meanwhile, on Monday we released our lore episode for The Circle Undone. We look at some Lovecraft and some other things that might be fitting to get in the mood for the new cycle, assisted this time by brilliant @Allonym - thanks again! https://drawntotheflamepodcast.blogspot.com/2019/01/episode-99-circulore.html It's just proof that the players of this game are passionate and have so much knowledge to share. Really hope you enjoy this one too.

Thanks to all our listeners here, and the people who talk to me about the game and share the love. Really, really appreciate it! 

Here's to another year,

Frank (and Peter)

Congratulations!

Two years is defiantly no mean feat and what is great to hear is how enthusiastic you all are which really comes across in the episodes.

You have had some fantastic successes including writing FFG articles, interviewing the games designer Matt Newman, hosting your own event and getting a card named after the show. Nice! :)

This would be a great thread for people to list their favourite episodes which could be a great jumping in point for anyone unfamiliar with the podcast.

What was the one with the gag about the drums? That was lough out loud awesome!

Well done and keep up the great work! Hope to see you later this year for #AllBlueAllTheTime

The Arkham Chronicle Gang

Happy 2nd Birthday DttF! Having read very little Lovecraft/similar fiction I really enjoy the lore episodes and 99 was no exception.

5 hours ago, ArkhamChronicle said:

This would be a great thread for people to list their favourite episodes which could be a great jumping in point for anyone unfamiliar with the podcast.

If I had to pick favourites it would have to be the Matt Newman interviews at the end of each cycle, for the insights into what certain scenarios were trying to accomplish and some of the design goals for the player cards and classes. These are episodes 22 (The Dunwich Legacy), 57 (The Path to Carcosa) and 93 (The Forgotten Age).

Honestly, I'm not sure that there are any episodes that I haven't enjoyed. I was sceptical about the Think On Your Feet series (Live play with only audio? Madness!), but I actually think that they're great.

See you at Arkham in Flames!

@ArkhamChronicle it was one of the Sef episodes of Think on your Feet. ToyF IV or V I reckon! Well remembered! and thank you for your kind words about the cast! I was playing with friends on Monday and shocked someone by referring to Sef as a drummer...

@s5una thank you! and thank you @Allonym

@Assussanni thanks so much. I am *still* sceptical about Think on your Feet episodes: do they make sense? Aren't they boring to hear me chuntering away? But they seem popular so I'll keep trying to improve and become an endearing (or even interesting!) host! See you at Arkham in Flames!!

7 hours ago, zooeyglass said:

@Assussanni thanks so much. I am *still* sceptical about Think on your Feet episodes: do they make sense? Aren't they boring to hear me chuntering away? But they seem popular so I'll keep trying to improve and become an endearing (or even interesting!) host! See you at Arkham in Flames!!

They definitely make sense and I particularly like listening to your reasoning, which I think you convey clearly. It's fun to see how similarly or differently I'd play the same situation. I've been playing Lola a lot recently and found it intriguing that, for your run of RttNotZ, during The Gathering after almost every action I thought "that's exactly what I'd do" and during The Midnight Masks thought "that's not what I would have done".

Also, having now listened to your 100th episode (more of you and Peter just asking each other questions! The rapport between the two of you makes for very enjoyable listening) I made you this present: https://arkhamdb.com/deck/view/304930 .

Edit: now published as https://arkhamdb.com/decklist/view/9466/leo-anderson-undisputed-heavyweight-champion-of-the-world-1.0

Edited by Assussanni
Added link to the published version of the deck.

Thanks @Eldan985 - is chuntering so odd a word?! :D

@Assussanni that is a thing of magnificent beauty! Thank you! I'm intrigued by your Masks difference - I had one person suggest getting rid of Lita instead of Machete was a misplay. I also had quite a long chat with a pal about whether going for the Guardian play against Narogath was gambling too greatly. I think I still would, on reflection, but maybe be less disappointed by the results!