Sign in to follow this  
NEBELWERFER

*UPDATE* - Hasbro AT-AT next to Legion Models - Some Scale Photos

The head is a tad too small but better than the over sized one. Not sure if it is worth reprinting as it is close enough. Looks good though. Gives the AT AT a mean look to it.

Looks absolutely amazing! 👍Thanks for sharing.😊

I think I have to consider doing something similar project very, very soon.

Please share some of the details like

- What scale did you print it in?

- What material did you choose?

- How wide is the head measured at the neck joint?

Hi MicroManager - To answer your questions:

The model was already scaled at I believe 1/46 or 1/47 (I just downloaded the one upthread). I did not change the scale and just had printed at 100%.

The material was "Standard PLA (FDM)" with 20% infill, and 200μm.

Measuring the width of the top of the head at the neck joint, it is right at 4" wide.

Hope that helps.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:22 AM, MicroManager said:

That is actually not true - the Revell 1/53 is actually a little smaller than the WotC AT-AT shown in the OP's first post standing next to the Hasbro At-AT.

I've been crunching some numbers and here's what I found out.

AT-AT size has changed over the years (previously it was considered to be around 15x20m) but now there seem to be a consensus on the AT-AT being Length/Height =20x22,5 meters.

The Colossal AT-AT from WotC shown in the pictures next to the Hasbro one is 38x35,5cm which in 1/48 scale would equal: 18,24m x 17,04m

The Revell AT-AT 1/53 is 37,7x31,8cm which in 1/48 scale would equal: 18,09m x 15,26m

What is actually not true?

I have said that 1/53 is close to 1/48 and 1/56... it is almost in the middle.. what is not true?

I have said that it should be close enough... what is that consensus that says it is 22 meters tall? In the West End Games UPDATED rpg (2017) the AT-AT walker is 15,5 meters tall, so, as you have shown with your maths, is almost exactly what the 1/53 walker depicts... what is not true?

Finally I have said that it is cheapest... of course 60$ is cheaper than making an expensive printed head in an expensive toy... what is not true?

Anyway we don't have any idea of what's the real size of these vehicles, as you say, the teories have changed over the years, so, in my opinion, we should see at them and say "hey, it is nice" or "no way, looks dwarved" and this should be a close guess. In my opinion, seeing the relative size of the AT-AT close to an AT-ST (in "real life" almost gets to the chin of the four legged vehicle), and also seeing the size of an average person in the door (in return of the jedi), an AT-AT that is 38-40 cms tall (like the revell one) is close enough even if you want to represent 22m in 1/56.

And so the Hasbro AT-AT is WAY big because even dwarves the AT-ST... and AT-ST is 8'6 meters tall... so it reaches more than half an AT-AT (as i said, it almost reaches the chin, and it reaches easily the lower part of the body) and in the image the FFG version is too small compared to the hasbro one. In fact the problem with the hasbro one isnot only size but also proportions, it is too big, but it is also chunky, being the body (as the head) too tall for the legs. The AT-AT in the film looks more "square" and the hasbro is taller, simply because it is designed to fit the action figures on foot inside. In fact, the hasbro toy is about 45 cms tall, so in a 1/56 scale it represents a 25 meters vehicle... way too big to represent a 15m vehicle.

And even considering the real life at-at could be 22m tall, still the vehicle in 1/56 should measure 39 cms, six less than the toy.

Edited by Tubb

Slight update. Weather was good enough to prime the AT-AT today. Nevermind the alien in the background.

I'm still waiting on the cheek-guns, but its coming along nicely. I might do one more post here when they come in showing the final version for scale with some other legion minis.

After that, I will probably only post in the painting section.

20190214_151820.jpg

12 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

is that troop transport a 3d print as well? it looks fantastic. I'd love to see it as it gets painted.

Thanks. 

The transport is one I bought off Etsy already printed. I will try and put up a paint post with it as well once I start
working on it.