Sign in to follow this  
NEBELWERFER

*UPDATE* - Hasbro AT-AT next to Legion Models - Some Scale Photos

*UPDATE* Final "build" pic on page 2.

Hi folks,

I took a pic of an old Hasbro AT-AT next to the Star Wars Miniatures game AT-AT (with a Legion AT-ST and Legion Stormtrooper) for scale.

20190130_202257.jpg.aa864c76e052d6e9ee2d7854d84baf37.jpg

I also found some screenshots from Empire Strikes Back showing the scale in the movies next to Luke.

hb58atatfoot.jpg.55504eda4bf47a9a1d2b62c9d6aafaf1.jpg

The Hasbro AT-AT obviously has a huge head compared to the body. Other that that, any thoughts?

Edited by NEBELWERFER

Thanks for posting comparison pics of the two AT-ATs.

The WotC At-At looks very cool but sadly it gets dwarfed next to an at-st, so I too am looking for other options.

The Hasbro AT-AT has the correct size in almost every way - but sadly, as you say, the head is way too big and clumsy looking to be a real alternative.

If only an 1/48 AT-AT head was available to purchase or scavenge from other sets, then the Hasbro At-At with a smaller head/cockpit would be a perfect AT-AT for Legion.

2 hours ago, buckero0 said:

What size are the 3d printed ones? Does anyone just have the foot available?

The one I am looking to (eventually) print has a couple pictures of it with some legion figures and the feet do look a little small but it looks about right height wise. The feet in the picture look a bit larger than the smallest vehicle base. And link  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3277951

37 minutes ago, NEBELWERFER said:

I wish I could find someone who could 3D print and sell just the head.
I would replace the one on that Hasbro AT-AT, and be good to go.

I did exactly that, but a wrecked version. It's still in process, but I picked up the wrecked head from Legion Terrain to go with the Hasbro AT-AT.

I checked before purchasing, and the scale appears to be spot on.

18 hours ago, NEBELWERFER said:

I wish I could find someone who could 3D print and sell just the head.
I would replace the one on that Hasbro AT-AT, and be good to go.

The 1:47 gambody AT-AT head (main pieces) are freely  available as a test print object...

Edited by aniron

I downloaded the file that Steck638 was kind enough to post a link to upthread.

I sent it off to be 3D printed (along with the neck), and have disassembled the Hasbro toy in preparation.
We will see how closely the 1/46 scale head/neck fits on the Hasbro toy body. 

Edited by NEBELWERFER

10 hours ago, NEBELWERFER said:

I downloaded the file that Steck638 was kind enough to post a link to upthread.

I sent it off to be 3D printed (along with the neck), and have disassembled the Hasbro toy in preparation.
We will see how closely the 1/46 scale head/neck fits on the Hasbro toy body. 

Where do you send it off? I'd like to print some stuff.

you can have the SMT 1/48 AT-AT... it fits perfect, but it is only allowed if you got hundreds of spare dollars XD

Then you got a wonderful option: the REVELL 1/53 AT-AT model kit. Since 1/53 is close enough to 1/48 or 1/56 (suposed scales for 28-35mm) it should work really nice, and it is only about 60$

1 hour ago, Tubb said:

you can have the SMT 1/48 AT-AT... it fits perfect, but it is only allowed if you got hundreds of spare dollars XD

Then you got a wonderful option: the REVELL 1/53 AT-AT model kit. Since 1/53 is close enough to 1/48 or 1/56 (suposed scales for 28-35mm) it should work really nice, and it is only about 60$

That is actually not true - the Revell 1/53 is actually a little smaller than the WotC AT-AT shown in the OP's first post standing next to the Hasbro At-AT.

I've been crunching some numbers and here's what I found out.

AT-AT size has changed over the years (previously it was considered to be around 15x20m) but now there seem to be a consensus on the AT-AT being Length/Height =20x22,5 meters.

The Colossal AT-AT from WotC shown in the pictures next to the Hasbro one is 38x35,5cm which in 1/48 scale would equal: 18,24m x 17,04m

The Revell AT-AT 1/53 is 37,7x31,8cm which in 1/48 scale would equal: 18,09m x 15,26m

Edited by MicroManager
Added sizing info

On 2/1/2019 at 7:12 PM, buckero0 said:

Where do you send it off? I'd like to print some stuff.

I used 3DHubs. It was the cheapest I could find - but the price was still ridiculous (Just for the head and neck). Without access to your own printer, it would probably be cost prohibitive to try and print the whole AT-AT.

For the Cheek Guns, I sent them off to Shapeways (because the file was two separate pieces instead of a single connected object, and 3D Hubs wouldn't accept it that way).

The head/neck are supposed to arrive today. If they do, I will try and post up a pic for scale/comparison on the Hasbro toy body.

Edited by NEBELWERFER