Koing907

A big thank you to the 3rd party squad builders.

8 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

What's wrong with the official app?

It's missing a few key features that allot of us like (clunky is putting mildly when it comes to putting together lists with multiple of the same ship) and still has the negative stigma it developed from its buggy as heck launch. Doesn't help that applying upgrades across multiple chassis can be tedious as heck. It has progressed to personal taste level though and I'll give it that.

3 minutes ago, Chudley said:

Honestly. The official app is fine. It may be clunky, and lack some functionality of other apps, but it does the job. 

It's definitely better than it was at release, but as you say it's clunky and lacks a lot of common-sense functionality. 

I use YASB to tinker until I have a squad I want to try, then put it into the FFG app as barely an afterthought in case I need it.

24 minutes ago, Chudley said:

Honestly. The official app is fine. It may be clunky, and lack some functionality of other apps, but it does the job. 

The two big problems I have with the app are the lack of copy ship for duplicating generics, and the really unfriendly way it’s extremely easy to back out of a squad you’re working on but not saved. Of course, you lose all progress at that point.

Hate to see this devolve into a rant about the official squad builder. We do have a few of those threads already...

To bring this closer to the OP’s intent, I’d also like to thank the “behind the scenes” people that volunteer their time to keep things like the xwing-data2 database of card text on Github up to date, and the X-wing font up to date with the latest ship icons, the new 2.0 symbols (bullseye, side arcs, and many more). Stuff like the squad builders depend on these wonderful utilities!

5 hours ago, JJ48 said:

What's wrong with the official app?

My personal beef is that the official app is a pain to fiddle with. Multiple nested scroll bars, no preview info, and the PDF exported does not have any information besides the point costs.

I much prefer the drop down menus of YASB 2.0, the ease of switching lists and factions, and the printed squad list includes as much or as little information as I like.

I think it needs to be said that the official app has had a short life, apps take time to develop so it is only natural that they lack the features depth of other apps.

I use LaunchBay for example, and one key feature I need is favourites (I'm that type of listbuilder who creates 6 or 7 lists in a row, so I end up with a lot of crap; favourites allow me to do so without losing the key ones in the see of crap).

But don't be too harsh on the official app, it is a great concept and I like that FFG has taken that route.