dotswarlock

Scum in hyperspace, strengths?

2 hours ago, Estarriol said:

After seeing a similar list on the GS stream last night to the one I posted above, I’ve refined it a little. Would love some serious criticism and suggestions. Stripped the bombs, the ‘chute and L3 crew to upgrade the escape craft to L3 with TO. I could lose Fearless to get the protons back, or the ‘chute back, or just have a 5 point bid (though I don’t see much advantage in the 2-5 bid, should be 8+ IMO!). The list on the stream had trick shot on boba, the title, trick shot and perceptive copilot on Han and Lando piloting the shuttle. Think it’s better than mine?

who is (most of the times) receiving the coordinate action, Han or Boba? 

Here is is a list I’ve been thinking about. I think the MG TIE and Bounty Hunter with Qi’ra will leave opponents in obstacle dust. Old Teroch will be doing quick slashing attacks and he should be able to get ships in his bullseye arc. The escape ability of the MG TIE should allow Captain Seevor to stay healthy a bit longer using Elusive. With that said, I beat a Scum list with two T-70s and two RZ-2 A-Wings in a tournament yesterday.

Modified TIE/ln Fighter - •Captain Seevor - 33
    •Captain Seevor - Noisy Nuisance (30)
        Elusive (3)

Firespray-class Patrol Craft - Bounty Hunter - 78
    Bounty Hunter - (66)
        •Qi’ra (2)
        •Marauder (6)
        Veteran Tail Gunner (4)

Escape Craft - •L3-37 - 28
    •L3-37 - Droid Revolutionary (26)
        Tactical Officer (2)

Fang Fighter - •Old Teroch - 58
    •Old Teroch - Mandalorian Mentor (56)
        Predator (2)

Total: 197/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

1 hour ago, Estarriol said:

No idea! Think it’s better for Boba though.

I’d consider Outer Rim Smuggler over L3+ Qira if Han was on the receiving end...

Some thoughts (sorry if obvious 🤦🏻‍♂️)

Having a coordinate at PS2 allow boost/block with Boba and fly over the target so maybe slave title and Fearless are not that useful and could try composure (if that boost don’t fit you get your foci).

I’d be inclined to fit EU on Han, for that I’d ditch the Qira+title+fearless. Both Han and Boba are slippery if not stressed (slave title also gives stress I believe).

1 point bid is better than no bid at all, I try to explain it as an upgrade that triggers every turn without spending charges or force. If not feeling the bid vibe spending the remainig points on crackshots never hurts...

(I’m taking Lando for the ability more than PS, 4 hitpoints without mods makes escape craft quite fragile)

hopes makes sense

45 minutes ago, polmoneys said:

I’d consider Outer Rim Smuggler over L3+ Qira if Han was on the receiving end...

Some thoughts (sorry if obvious 🤦🏻‍♂️)

Having a coordinate at PS2 allow boost/block with Boba and fly over the target so maybe slave title and Fearless are not that useful and could try composure (if that boost don’t fit you get your foci).

I’d be inclined to fit EU on Han, for that I’d ditch the Qira+title+fearless. Both Han and Boba are slippery if not stressed (slave title also gives stress I believe).

1 point bid is better than no bid at all, I try to explain it as an upgrade that triggers every turn without spending charges or force. If not feeling the bid vibe spending the remainig points on crackshots never hurts...

(I’m taking Lando for the ability more than PS, 4 hitpoints without mods makes escape craft quite fragile)

hopes makes sense

I think the title is pretty useful with all the Poes and L’ulos flying about... I initially had L3 crew to open up Han’s dial when they start shooting him but there just aren’t enough points to throw around, and a named escape craft has so much more utility than the 12 point bomb. 

6 hours ago, Estarriol said:

(54) Han Solo [Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(6) Lando's Millennium Falcon
(2) Trick Shot
(7) Hotshot Gunner
(2) Qi'ra

(86) Boba Fett [Firespray-class Patrol Craft]
(2) Slave I
(3) Fearless
(8) Perceptive Copilot

(26) L3-37 [Escape Craft]
(2) Tactical Officer

Thoughts:

• It feels upgrade heavy.  I'd love to see a stat on the ratio between points spent on ships versus upgrades but this feels like it would be high on the upgrade side
  • Increasingly I don't bother with Tactical Officer, it's generally not hard to have L3 do a blue maneuver and once her shields have gone her dial opens right up
  • Fearless + Perceptive Copilot doesn't seem optimal on Boba.  If you've got range one rerolls and double focus, how many times will you need fearless as well?  Some for sure, but is it overkill?

I don't know.  I mean it looks pretty good as is.  Obstacles are crucial for Han and lots of obstructed shots makes him a beast offensively and defensively, but it can be hard to pull off.  Completely take your point about stressed resistance ships (Poe / A-wings).  With the basic archtype I'm not sure there's much to improve.  Possibly ditch Tactical Officer to get Rigged Cargo Chute, or a bomb, or a bid.  I guess I'm asking myself if you stripped Boba and Han back whether there's a better third ship.  Boba + PerCo, Han + Title + Trick Shot leaves 40 points but that doesn't really get you much and a coordinating ship is powerful.

I'd say go for it as is and then tweak based on your experiences.  Would giving Boba a proton bomb instead of Fearless be better.  It just depends on the day, who you're flying against etc.

Interesting times.

A friend of mine had some success (with no practice at all) running 2 moderately loaded BHs with Capt Seevor at the wknd. Lots of fun apparently. 2 Firesprays seem a solid core.

Crazily, a very highly competitive HS tourney here in the UK was won by Fenn plus 3 Recruits.

I went 2-1 at a local store with the 4 Fangs myself. The 2nd win was against the 5Y horror show, so I was especially pleased with that.

After a very busy wknd, my current feels on the state of Scum in HS are HAVE FAITH! Leverage your dials, not the words and numbers on your cards! You can do it!!

3 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

Interesting times.

A friend of mine had some success (with no practice at all) running 2 moderately loaded BHs with Capt Seevor at the wknd. Lots of fun apparently. 2 Firesprays seem a solid core.

Crazily, a very highly competitive HS tourney here in the UK was won by Fenn plus 3 Recruits.

I went 2-1 at a local store with the 4 Fangs myself. The 2nd win was against the 5Y horror show, so I was especially pleased with that.

After a very busy wknd, my current feels on the state of Scum in HS are HAVE FAITH! Leverage your dials, not the words and numbers on your cards! You can do it!!

Good job! 

The two bounty hunter option sounds interesting. Firesprays feels really good on the table, at least to me.