Elkerlyc

(Yes, it is early but...) Meta predictions?

Hi everyone,

Now that the points changes dropped; what are your initial predictions about how the meta changes/evolves?
What do you reckon will fall from grace and what will rise to the top?

I'll try and post my own feeble attempts below to get the ball rolling.

Rebels:
3 (X) torp aces will be gone.
More variety (More B and Y-wings for sure. Perhaps even some A-wings)

Imperials:
Less Redline (duh) even if still worth the points at a guess. (albeit without trajectory sim or adv.sensors I think)
The Starwings seems well worth it all of a sudden.
Whisper might fade without the crew making him stupid good. Merely good often is not enough for the number crunchers. ;)

Scum:
Boba got hammered to the pont that I think we'll see very little of him the coming 6 months. (not saying unjustified mind you)
Quads still very much worth it as a very annoying filler (of sorts)
Scurrgs and/or IG seem clear winners.

(not going to comment on first order and/or resistance; simply not played these enough. The above is enough of a guesstimate as it is)

Your thoughts?

Uuupsilons and Quad Phantoms are still efficient powerhouses.

Boba is still good, but his build-around is harder.

4- or 5- ship Rebels is even better now, except lists that relied on SuperLuke or Moldy Crow.

Resistance Trench Run is still good. 

Unless people figure out how to fly against those things, or lists that can prey upon them are more broadly viable now, that stuff should still all exist.

2 minutes ago, NABLA_OPERATOR said:

Boba is still quite good. I think Boba+Slave1+PerCop will see some play, especially in Hyperpsace. Scum Han YT1300 also might see some play now, since the gunner is not longer mandatory.

Agreed. But people tend to overreact. (and thus leave Boba collecting dust)

42 minutes ago, Surak said:

as I've been flying this and 5x K-wings pre-points change to reasonably good effect, I definitely think they have a place with more points available for upgrades

Also the most natural home for lotso bombs to fight any resurgent swarms.

3 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Even dropping Vader, the new Juke Whisper, adv sensor pro torp Redline, and predator Soontir has a 13 pts bid. I wasn't much for Redline before, but I think I will fly his nerfed version to trigger PTSD.

I mean, squad of Legend (or at least the version that won Phoenix) has a 3pt bid and no vader that's a pretty massive change:

“Redline” — TIE/ca Punisher 52
Advanced Sensors 10
Proton Torpedoes 12
Ship Total: 74
Half Points: 37 Threshold: 5

Soontir Fel — TIE Interceptor 52
Predator 2
Ship Total: 54
Half Points: 27 Threshold: 2

“Whisper” — TIE/ph Phantom 54
Juke 5
Advanced Sensors 10
Ship Total: 69
Half Points: 35 Threshold: 3

Redline will still see play, but most likely without sensors. Just Proton Torpedoes and possibly Seismics. He's still very good (and by a decent margin the best protorp carrier in the game) just not overpowered anymore. I think the main difference is that protorps will no longer be fielded en masse, except by generic Y-Wings. As it should be.

A reduced alpha strike will hopefully open the playing field to more agility 0-1 ships like B-Wings, Decimators, Scurrgs and Starfortresses, all of which got a points decrease.

2 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Whisper may not be stupid broken, but with Fifth Brother is still no slouch. Also, pair with a Vader carrier and still potent.

If Reaper with Vader crew, you can have BT1 Phantom as well.

Handy against the just-got-cheaper B wing aces.

1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

Quad Phantoms have barely changed and if anything gained a little in that they can fortress more points up.

Yay (!)

At least the ps4 ones cannot all take juke now. 

15 minutes ago, mcintma said:

The Rebel YT1300 is gonna be hot. Han/Lando way down, plus discounts on Crew Lando, Chewbacca, PerCop, wow. Meanwhile the YT2400 looks dead until July.

Meh, I don't see it making it enough of a difference.  You can save like 15pts on a Rebel Han, but you've still got a ship that only attacks once per round and costs about twice as much as two X-Wings, who have comparable HP and hit twice as hard...  The Rebel YT-1300 is better, sure, but I still don't think it'll be claiming spots in Top16s.

1 minute ago, ficklegreendice said:

Swarm 

All swarm all the time

Tsim got punked hard :(

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. The swarm's main predator - Traj Sim Protons, was nerfed really hard, so we might see a swarm resurgence (either regular TIE swarm or Scum Drea stuff).