Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Darth evil

Petition to give Vader a Talent slot

Recommended Posts

🤨 So he looses a TIE from his entourage. I fail to see the issue with costing that hyper synergistic combo this high.

 

Darth Vader — TIE Advanced x1   65

Supernatural Reflexes                     32

Ship Total: 97

Half Points: 49 Threshold: 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Darth evil said:

The dev's have made SR unplayable and as of now nothing can really be played on Vader so give him a Talent slot so he can actually do something and not suck.

Vader is still a nasty fighter, he just loses the pre-movement BR. You can still put Hate on him to recharge his Force, Heightened Perception to blast other I6s before they can shoot, or Sense to give your regular BRs a better chance of catching other I6s. Vader is still one of the best pilots in the game due to his ship ability, pilot ability, and Force points- you just have to think more when making a list and playing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea. Or just make Force Slot mean Force or talent? I'm a casual player updating my lists and the cost for SR on Vader is blowing my mind.

Was he dominating the meta? Can SR actually pull its weight at 32 points in the hands of a skilled player? 

I'm asking scencerely since I make lists for me and my opponents so I like to make them fair/fun/thematic. Just trying to figure out how to build Vader now. I really like SR but man, 32?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DarthHenryAllen said:

I like the idea. Or just make Force Slot mean Force or talent? I'm a casual player updating my lists and the cost for SR on Vader is blowing my mind.

Was he dominating the meta? Can SR actually pull its weight at 32 points in the hands of a skilled player? 

I'm asking scencerely since I make lists for me and my opponents so I like to make them fair/fun/thematic. Just trying to figure out how to build Vader now. I really like SR but man, 32?

SR is worth about half that much on Vader.  It's unusable on him now.  The only decent force power is now Hate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ikka said:

Vader is still a nasty fighter, he just loses the pre-movement BR. You can still put Hate on him to recharge his Force, Heightened Perception to blast other I6s before they can shoot, or Sense to give your regular BRs a better chance of catching other I6s. Vader is still one of the best pilots in the game due to his ship ability, pilot ability, and Force points- you just have to think more when making a list and playing him.

how can i add either of those upgrades if i don't own anything FO ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Darth evil said:

how can i add either of those upgrades if i don't own anything FO ?

I don't have FO (only Imp/Scum) and the only upgrade I don't have from those three is Hate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be interesting to see talent and force upgrade slots interact but again could result in some broken gameplay if not careful.

But I would be all for Dart Vader getting both Talent slot with the Force slot, as long as Anikin Skywalker gets both as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darth evil said:

The dev's have made SR unplayable and as of now nothing can really be played on Vader so give him a Talent slot so he can actually do something and not suck.

Let the Hate flow through you...

 

No really, just run Hate. No force user needs a talent slot. 

Edited by Sir13scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is one reason we will never see Vader get a talent

Debris Gambit

I6 with reposition that can take Focus Evade every tuen, and have force charges to spare, is something I’m sure they are firm no on.

Because do you want to fight this 76 point monster?

Vader, FCS, Afterburners, Debris Gambit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

There is one reason we will never see Vader get a talent

Debris Gambit

I6 with reposition that can take Focus Evade every tuen, and have force charges to spare, is something I’m sure they are firm no on.

Because do you want to fight this 76 point monster?

Vader, FCS, Afterburners, Debris Gambit?

Yeah this, debris gambit breaks vader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, millertime059 said:

There is one reason we will never see Vader get a talent

Debris Gambit

I6 with reposition that can take Focus Evade every tuen, and have force charges to spare, is something I’m sure they are firm no on.

Because do you want to fight this 76 point monster?

Vader, FCS, Afterburners, Debris Gambit?

Sure. I've long been a proponent of giving Vader a talent slot. He'll have to take a stress to get the evade token about half the time (which means it probably won't happen or makes him more predictable), and he will still go pop a fair amount of the time. This is still a ship that requires a ton of skill to pilot well. At the very least I would like for them to put it in and see how it turns out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...