Lace Jetstreamer

More proof this game is dying

2 minutes ago, Rodafowa said:

YOU are literally making that argument, dude. What the flip else does “SJWS ARE RUINING STAR WARS” mean?

Also: it’s nonsense on its face. TFA, Rogue One and TLJ were all the highest-grossing films of the year they were released. Solo was a flop but pinning that on the “SJW-ness” it shared with the three previous films rather than Solo being average-to-bad feels like... a bit of a stretch.

Star Wars is an example of SJW politics which turns off many people from the brand altogether

Social justice warrior (SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual who promotes socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism,[1][2] as well as identity politics.[3] The accusation that somebody is an SJW carries implications that they are pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction,[4] and engaging in disingenuous arguments

SJW politicis does not generally mean 'inclusion'.  As has been easily proved, SW Fans have no problem with inclusion as all the previous movies have been inclusive.  What has changed with the new Films is the addition of the new 'SJW' agenda which seems anti-white men for some reason at least in TLJ.  

Also, I just gave 1 of many reasons that sales are hurting. SJW politics is one of many problems with Star Wars.  

After reading all the responses in this thread I realize a few things about X-Wing for me.  Its a light-hearted game that I love to play.  I love to collect all the ship models, because after all its Star Wars.  Some of those ships I have never put on the table.  I enjoy the point change, why you might ask.  I get stuck flying lists that I am comfortable with and win with.  My favorite list just got hit by point upgrades.  Now I can break out of my shell of that list and form some new thoughts on a new list just so I don't get stuck on the same list over and over.  Just my two cents as to why I like Hyperspace, point adjustments, or whatever else causes me to break my list mold and explore new ones.  I have found the game is more fun that way.  Just a light-hearted game with new friends I would have never met.  Yet competitive enough for the excitement that can come from a good close game that hinges on a die roll.  Just my two cents.

2 hours ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

the app doesn't even have patch notes.

That's probably because there was no patch to the app.  Patches occur when the app itself changes.  The data in the lists the app pulls from make no difference to the app itself.  (Just like you don't need to update your Google Chrome version every time FFG posts a new News article).

Is there an easy way to find what has changed?  Not everyone visits these forums and reads complaints from a small vocal minority.

If you message me an email address, I can send you the 1.1 pdfs.  I have the points lists as well as the quick build lists.

App builder is a broken mess and seems irrepairable

App builder works just fine.  There's a difference between something being broken and something not having the features you want.  My 2009 Yaris doesn't have all the features of a 2019 Camry.  That doesn't mean the Yaris is broken.

2 patches per year (this is very laughable for a competative game)

Two massive points adjustments per year.  That's completely separate from erratas and whatnot.

Banning 90% of cards for main tournament format

Yeah, you can tell they're pushing Hyperspace and abandoning Extended altogether by the way they just updated a huge amount of Extended-only ships and upgrades to increase the number of options.

1 hour ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Look at other competitive games especially in the digital space (x-wing is now in that space thanks to their app).  Dota and AoV have several patches a month and sometimes multiples in the week.  How many 'patches' have we seen in 2nd edition?  One now and one in the rules (to clarify a few things).   You really have to be joking if you think that is sufficient for a competitive format.

No, having an app to look up points is not the same thing as being a mobile game.  And if a game is updating multiple times a week, something is wrong.  Either the first patch broke stuff unintentionally, or it didn't address what they intended.  This may be acceptable occasionally, but I certainly wouldn't want to play a game that had that issue all the time.

35 minutes ago, Rodafowa said:

4th best personally , but I like RotJ more than most of the fanbase seems to. 

RotJ was my favorite of the Star Wars movies!  The epic space battle was a huge part of my becoming such a huge fan!

16 minutes ago, Rodafowa said:

YOU are literally making that argument, dude. What the flip else does “SJWS ARE RUINING STAR WARS” mean?

Also: it’s nonsense on its face. TFA, Rogue One and TLJ were all the highest-grossing films of the year they were released. Solo was a flop but pinning that on the “SJW-ness” it shared with the three previous films rather than Solo being average-to-bad feels like... a bit of a stretch.

Also, the fact that Solo released so soon after the previous film, and at a time of year when people tend to do more stuff outside, probably didn't help matters.

11 minutes ago, OoALEJOoO said:

I can't believe people are flaming Lance Jet Streamer only because he posts his opinion, well written and based on evidence. I feel he is a gamer who has spent enough time and money on X-Wing to care about the future of the game, just as I am, just as anybody is. Seeing things you don't like about the game and posting about it doesn't warrant people to ask you to go away. Posting comments like his only encourages FFG to do better and improve the game. Every time someone flames a comment like his, all you are doing is contributing to make X-Wing a worse game. You are the ones that are negative and making the game die, not Jet Streamer.

I used to visit this forums very regularly while developing the Tactical Droid A.I. system for 1e. I just started visiting the forum again. I am very sad to see that the X-Wing community is getting more toxic by the minute.

Some people may take their criticism a bit far, but I don't think people are criticizing Jace for posting his opinion so much as they're criticizing him for ranting about how horrible the devs are and then declaring that the game is dying without any evidence whatsoever.

9 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Some people may take their criticism a bit far, but I don't think people are criticizing Jace for posting his opinion so much as they're criticizing him for ranting about how horrible the devs are and then declaring that the game is dying without any evidence whatsoever.

🤨 My opinion of the OP and their perspective has been formed from reading many of their posts and watching them refuse to accept if not outright ignore anything presented contrary to their narrative no matter the evidence. I stand by my opinion and, unless the OP demonstrates solidly otherwise, will always consider them as nothing more than a libelous troll.

1 hour ago, TheRabidAardvark said:

I get it now...

You're a neckbearded man-baby who's constant REEEEEEEing is only interrupted to stuff your face full of cheetos and mountain dew in your mom's basement.

You're a sad, silly little troll who probably has to use a mobility scooter to get around because of your weight-induced medical issues.

Because of this, you can't get laid, much less have a woman even stand to be near your incredible stench or bear to touch you.  Therefore you cry "SJW" all the time like a mentally-challenged monkey.

These are all facts.

Now go away and let the adults talk, little boy.

Err... I had a tumor on my tyroid gland and suffer of metabolic sindrome since then. Chemio almost destroyed my muscles and ligaments and cartilagins. But hey I have a woman and did not like your description of a such medical case. Standing the rest aside I concurr to your logic... but if someone is a ineducated thing of person it is only his fault u.u

4 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

That's probably because there was no patch to the app.  Patches occur when the app itself changes.  The data in the lists the app pulls from make no difference to the app itself.  (Just like you don't need to update your Google Chrome version every time FFG posts a new News article).

Lets take video games like Dota 2 and Arena of Valor.  Both of them have 'gameplay' patches and both have 'software patches'.  Software patches are to fix bugs, improve UI, etc. Gameplay pathes include balancing heroes, item, introducing new heroes etc.  Fortnite is yet another great example of how to do patches.

FFG now has the power to give us patch notes INCLUDING gameplay right in their app.  Choosing not to is lazy.  And your analogy does not make sense.  Google owns chrome and has ZERO to do with FFG.  FFG owns their app and their app is specifically designed for x-wing miniatures game.  It is logical for game patch notes to be included in the app.  Its only a failure of FFG devs that it does not.

8 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

App builder works just fine.  There's a difference between something being broken and something not having the features you want.  My 2009 Yaris doesn't have all the features of a 2019 Camry.  That doesn't mean the Yaris is broken.

There are design problems with the official app.  It doesn't function properly all the time and doesn't have nearly the amount of features of 3rd party apps.  Its rubbish in the kindest sense.

10 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Two massive points adjustments per year.  That's completely separate from erratas and whatnot.

How long has Dash Roarick been a problem?  Having only 2 points adjustments per year is NOT good enough.  We have seen this in 1.0.  There are going to be balance issues.  That is the nature of these types of games.  We know perfect balance is not possible.  With only 2 balance patches of the year, that means for the vast majority of the year, the game will be broken.  There will be OP lists like Dash/R that get to exist for 5 to 6 months.

13 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

No, having an app to look up points is not the same thing as being a mobile game.  And if a game is updating multiple times a week, something is wrong.  Either the first patch broke stuff unintentionally, or it didn't address what they intended.  This may be acceptable occasionally, but I certainly wouldn't want to play a game that had that issue all the time.

Mobas are complex just like x-wing is complex.  The reason for the multiple patches is that the game devs react to balance issues.  As more stuff is added to the game, the game needs to be balanced EVEN MORE.  With only 2 balance patches per year, you will get the game you desire.  And the result will be a few OP lists that reign for many months until the next 6-monthly patch.  Just wait and see.  Also, I suggest you look into balance and game design to understand why balance patches are necessary.

17 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Also, the fact that Solo released so soon after the previous film, and at a time of year when people tend to do more stuff outside, probably didn't help matters.

Marvel didn't have this problem with Infinity war and Black Panther.  I know its common Disney propaganda saying there were too many SW movies.  But marvel proves that statement is fundamentally flawed.

5 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 My opinion of the OP and their perspective has been formed from reading many of their posts and watching them refuse to accept if not outright ignore anything presented contrary to their narrative no matter the evidence. I stand by my opinion and, unless the OP demonstrates solidly otherwise, will always consider them as nothing more than a libelous troll.

And I guess that's pretty much what I was trying to get at, only a bit less direct.  It's not, "You disagree with us so we hate you!" it's, "You're not really contributing anything of value to the conversation, and you don't listen to anyone else's points, and every post you make seems geared specifically towards stirring up trouble."

1 minute ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Marvel didn't have this problem with Infinity war and Black Panther.  I know its common Disney propaganda saying there were too many SW movies.  But marvel proves that statement is fundamentally flawed.

Marvel is owned by Disney... They bought it out before Black Panther was written.

33 minutes ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

SJW politicis does not generally mean 'inclusion'.  As has been easily proved, SW Fans have no problem with inclusion as all the previous movies have been inclusive.  What has changed with the new Films is the addition of the new 'SJW' agenda which seems anti-white men for some reason at least in TLJ.  

Also, I just gave 1 of many reasons that sales are hurting. SJW politics is one of many problems with Star Wars.  

Weird that that’s the one you led with though. Literally the first reason. And weird that the fact that the three good “SJW-y” Star Wars films did brilliantly at the box office hasn’t caused you to rethink whether the franchise is in trouble. 

The original trilogy had literally two named female characters and one named non-white character between the three of them. “It was the seventies therefore it doesn’t count!” and “it had aliens in it!” aren’t examples of inclusion, they’re excuses.  

I am literally agog to hear how TLJ was “anti white men”. 

3 minutes ago, Rodafowa said:

Weird that that’s the one you led with though. Literally the first reason. And weird that the fact that the three good “SJW-y” Star Wars films did brilliantly at the box office hasn’t caused you to rethink whether the franchise is in trouble. 

The original trilogy had literally two named female characters and one named non-white character between the three of them. “It was the seventies therefore it doesn’t count!” and “it had aliens in it!” aren’t examples of inclusion, they’re excuses.  

I am literally agog to hear how TLJ was “anti white men”. 

Princes Leia - leading role as a strong women who actually protects the protagonist (Luke Skywalker) in a New Hope.  Are you really arguing that a White Women being in a leading role that demonstrates good leadership skills and military might is NOT an example of inclusion?

We can discuss the other stuff later, but if we cannot agree on Episode 4, 5, and 6 being inclusive, then there is no point in going forward as there is no hope for you.

6 minutes ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

The tiny, TINY difference being that Black Panther and Infinity War were both awesome, whereas Solo was, at best, on the bad side of average.

And, again, SUPER interesting that you’re picking up on this point while ignoring how brilliantly the three SW films with female leads did at the box office.

@OoALEJOoO, I think you will find that the forum is quite open to differentiating opinions. What you will find is that the forum will flame posts that decry the game when little to no evidence is produced. Stating SJW’s amongst other things makes people turn off. Stating that the game is dying because there aren’t patch notes is ridiculous. 

Then there are forum dwellers who recognise authors who post the same benign BS here, add nothing to the game and say they are going to leave, but never do. We get tired, so tired of the BS rhetoric. 

This forum is designed to discuss differences, not slam the game at every opportunity. 

Edited by Archangelspiv

Just now, Archangelspiv said:

I am scared to check my lists. 

I just wrapped up an hour parsing through my "smallish" set of Imp, Reb and Scum lists (around 40). Have to open each one to get the points to update and then fiddle with an upgrade slot for it to allow a resave.

Just now, Hiemfire said:

I just wrapped up an hour parsing through my "smallish" set of Imp, Reb and Scum lists (around 40). Have to open each one to get the points to update and then fiddle with an upgrade slot for it to allow a resave.

I have about the same, roughly 50. There goes my afternoon. Sorry boss, I am in the middle of an important accounting update that just can’t wait....

5 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

I am scared to check my lists. 

To be honest so was I but, for me at least, it wasn't too bad. I had more lists that got cheaper than more expensive. And the ones that did cost more were fixable...4 Juke Sigma Phantoms turned into 3 Juke and 1 Crackshot/Marksman Sigma Phantoms as an example. And my Kylo Ren list went from a 16 point bid to an 8 point bid which is fine.

Edited by T70 Driver

11 minutes ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Princes Leia - leading role as a strong women who actually protects the protagonist (Luke Skywalker) in a New Hope.  Are you really arguing that a White Women being in a leading role that demonstrates good leadership skills and military might is NOT an example of inclusion?

We can discuss the other stuff later, but if we cannot agree on Episode 4, 5, and 6 being inclusive, then there is no point in going forward as there is no hope for you.

Come back with those goalposts!

There are TWO* NAMED WOMEN between the WHOLE of the initial trilogy. One of those women being cool (oh and also being a literal princess who needs to be literally rescued in this space fairy-tale) doesn’t make the films inclusive. 

I mean, possibly it’s inclusive enough for someone who thinks that Star Wars hates white men, but the rest of us have slightly higher standards.

And holy **** dude, why are you bringing up Leia’s race like that’s got anything whatsoever to do with the discussion?

* - Sorry, three. Apologies, Aunt Beru!

Edited by Rodafowa
Forgot Desert Aunt!