Lace Jetstreamer

More proof this game is dying

The level of effort being put into second edition is LESS than 1.0.  With 1.0, the devs actually put detailed information in the FAQ regarding what was changed and why.  The first major change in second edition, the devs put half effort into a doc that essentially said large base ships were under powered (Dash LOL, Shuttle LOL, Scum Han LOL).  As for the changes themselves, the only way is to do manually diffs between the PDF versions (hope you saved the pds because they are gone) and the app doesn't even have patch notes.

FFG just isn't investing in the development and are being as lazy as can be.  I predict this game will be dead by the end of the year with only a very small die hards who won't let go.

Just now, SpiderMana said:

This... This isn't a FAQ. They've still been explaining just as much of their reasoning in FAQs.

They didn't need to explain themselves in this case, because they actually listened to the playerbase, by and large.

Is there an easy way to find what has changed?  Not everyone visits these forums and reads complaints from a small vocal minority.

1 minute ago, Cgriffith said:

Overaction Level 💯 ~ the changes that were made, were necessary in most all cases. 

Reading comprehension level 0 - my thesis is that the devs are not putting as much effort into this game as before.  The proof is in the lack of patch notes.  

Edited by Lace Jetstreamer

2 minutes ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Is there an easy way to find what has changed?  Not everyone visits these forums and reads complaints from a small vocal minority.

Fair enough, that would've been nice. Not that anyone expected it. Some people saved the old points lists, so maybe if you asked nicely you could see them :)

Regardless of that, pretty much every single problem list has been adjusted, and ships that haven't been seen at all got varied points reductions.

Now we just wait and see if this TripSilon nonsense is as terrifying as everyone's saying... I think that one managed to slip through purely due to its discovery being within the past week.

1 minute ago, SpiderMana said:

Fair enough, that would've been nice. Not that anyone expected it. Some people saved the old points lists, so maybe if you asked nicely you could see them :)

Regardless of that, pretty much every single problem list has been adjusted, and ships that haven't been seen at all got varied points reductions.

Now we just wait and see if this TripSilon nonsense is as terrifying as everyone's saying... I think that one managed to slip through purely due to its discovery being within the past week.

It's been being bandied about since the points for FO were first released.

8 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

In 1.0, I didn't need to ask, the FAQ had this in it by default.  In 2.0, we are getting less which to me means the devs just don't care anymore. Why don't they care?  Because they are selling less.  Why are they selling less?  Many reasons but here are a few

1. Star Wars is an example of SJW politics which turns off many people from the brand altogether
  2. App builder is a broken mess and seems irrepairable
  3. Banning 90% of cards for main tournament format
  4. 2 patches per year (this is very laughable for a competative game)

At this point, devs have put the game on life support.  The hyperspace format is just to milk the existing customers who buy up everything anyways (makes those people feel better about their purchases).

Edited by Lace Jetstreamer

Just now, Lace Jetstreamer said:

In 1.0, I didn't need to ask, the FAQ had this in it by default.  In 2.0, we are getting less which to me means the devs just don't care anymore. Why don't they care?  Because they are selling less.  Why are they selling less?  Many reasons but here are a few

1. Star Wars is an example of SJW politics which turns off many people from the brand altogether
  4. 2 patches per year (this is very laughable for a suppodely competative game)

At this point, devs have put the game on life support.  The hyperspace format is just to milk the existing customers who buy up everything anyways (makes those people feel better about their purchases).

I'm impressed. You've managed to make a post worse than your original one.

The game will be fine.

7 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

It's been being bandied about since the points for FO were first released.

Eh, I've only just seen major complaints about it, personally. I don't pay attention to FO stuff until people start whining about what sucks to fly against XD

3 minutes ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

4. 2 patches per year (this is very laughable for a suppodely competative game)

got-any-more-of-them-conspiracy-theories

Eh, I've only just seen major complaints about it, personally. I don't pay attention to FO stuff until people start whining about what sucks to fly against XD

Some podcasts have been talking about it for a few weeks, but the system open this weekend and a few threads have made people more aware of it.

Fair enough. I was watching it back when the "DOA" thread was started and was laughing at the ones who held that it would suck. The points hit and guess what, it isn't DOA anymore... 😆😆

2 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

guys, just ignore him

He is not worth any time. He won't listen and is completely resistant to anything that contradicts his narrative.

He should go onto the Armada and IA forums and claim they're dead. We're used to idiots like him appearing periodically and enjoy toying with them.

26 minutes ago, Lace Jetstreamer said:

Reading comprehension level 0 - my thesis is that the devs are not putting as much effort into this game as before.  The proof is in the lack of patch notes.  

And the counterpoint is that they've just released a massive list of updated points costs and ship upgrade changes. Not sure how that indicates a lack of effort. Seems like more effort than they put into any single change during 1st edition.