Darth Meanie

Casual X-Wing is Dead/Casual Player Bemoans Changes

Just now, Hippie Moosen said:

I take you aren't from the US. I'm so sorry you ate our garbage chocolate.

Reeses' was OK (might have been the peanut butter).  But Hershey's left me scrambling for the bin with an expression of abject horror.

That said, I never used to like olives either, until I did.

15 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

change-is-bad-hershey-chocolate.png

As someone approaching fifty years of age it is my "job" to caution against and be somewhat resistant to change. I know that change brings both good and bad. I've seen things changed and it was a catastrophe. I've seen things changed and it was sunshine and rainbows. 

I would also highly dispute that it is unchanged. Obviously I can’t confutm scientifically, but I’ve observed a trend for mass market chocolatiers to alter their recipes in small ways, but that have a deleterious effect on taste. The type and grade of sugar, in particular, and the amount of milk vs milk substitute or oils. And the amount of cocoa versus lab engineered cocoa flavor.

Yeah, I feel quite confident the recipie has changed.

3 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

I would also highly dispute that it is unchanged. Obviously I can’t confutm scientifically, but I’ve observed a trend for mass market chocolatiers to alter their recipes in small ways, but that have a deleterious effect on taste. The type and grade of sugar, in particular, and the amount of milk vs milk substitute or oils. And the amount of cocoa versus lab engineered cocoa flavor.

Yeah, I feel quite confident the recipie has changed.

And ingredients change. Sugar now is not the same as sugar in 1899 though they are both sugar. I suspect that in 1899 a lot of the milk in Hershey's was grass a few days before going into the candy. It likely had far less processing and storage prior to use. 

And the candy bars are no longer shipped in the foil wrappers but in the common plastic sort of wrapper. They are also not the same size as they once were. 

A different example is Rolling Rock beer. It is no longer made in Latrobe. While it is still "the same" is isn't the same. Things can change though ostensibly staying "the same." 

8 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

PDFs online, already linked in this topic. Go forth having fun quickbuilding with all your things. 

The pdf only covers hyperspace right? 

Ie not the whole conversion kit.

3 minutes ago, TylerTT said:

What! Awsome! Time for me to build that draft deck I have always wanted to build!

has anyone else formatted the lists into draft decks?

I have not, but want to. It sounds like fun.

26 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

The quick build Pdfs have everything. Except I think the Scum falcon but that's probably an oversight.

Scum Falcon came with its own quickbuild cards. 

Draft deck quick build specs

each card has a quick build choice for each faction of a roughly equivalent ship type.

cards have sub set icons so players can limit the decks to specific permamiters 

wave # (1.0 and 2.0 release waves)

Film episode # (onscreen ships only.

era (what trilogy they belong in)

offical formats (hyper space/ extended)

I can graphic design and format cards pretty easy if someone else wants to fill out a spreadsheet with all the right information.

2 hours ago, SabineKey said:

I would be hesitant to use these forums as a sample size for the X-Wing player base, much less a single thread. It gives a little insight, but not enough for me to be comfortable with a quantitative analysis based on the data provided. 

The point I was trying to convey was less about putting an actual number on those disliking the point change and more about warning against assumptions. 

Oh I agree, it is a complete fallacy, but it does give some degree of indication at least at a glance, but the truth is we will never truly know.