They're up!!!

4 minutes ago, Danomight said:

4LOM Unchanged
Zuckuss 47 to 45
Gand Findsman 43 to 41

4-Lom 3 to 2
Zuckuss 3 to 2

All other titles unchanged

Anyone else find these really interesting?

Elusive is unchanged as well. 4-LOM with Zuckuss, Elusive and the title was already a really solid brawler and not only have none of his components gone up, he's even got a point cheaper. Great for a lot of the Scum lists, and really good for anyone who (like me) bought the mini in 1e for the crew cards and for the sake of having all the Bounty Hunter ships but never actually played it. 

But interesting for the meta nonetheless...

Edited by GuacCousteau

4 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

I guess no one's looking at the Resistance sheet because no one expected them to change, but BB astromech and BB-8 are now variable based on Initiative. 

BB-8 is still 8 points on Poe, but cheaper for everyone below. 

Generic BB-Astromechs on Generic X-Wings looks like so much fun!

26 minutes ago, Danomight said:

Complete rundown for Scum (my main faction)

(...)

Beat me to, it, ninja'ed. Was typing on it, had to delete now. Instead some comments.

As T65 X-wing stayed the same, not that surprising, that the Kihraxz stayed the same as well. Although I would have preferred them to creep down 1 pt over the board as T65 is inherently better.

Serissu down is OK, because Howlrunner was the same cost, but more value.

Quinn +1, what? He was already expensive as you have to put more points on that squishy chassis.

But some of the others down, I was already trying to make Scyk formations work, now maybe!

Glad that the non 4Lom G1As got cheaper, but enough? It's still a brutal dial.

The M12 down 1pt would have been cool, these things die really fast. But maybe with less alpha strike capacity on other ships, maybe now it's worth fielding them.

Scurrg down. Maybe now worth too field, esp as gunner now is added, as already named by others.

----

Rebels

Arc170 untouched - hmm, those pay a lot for their rear arc, compared to what the TIE Sf and the Rz2 pay....

Edited by Managarmr
formatting, comment on Scurrg

The crew slot going to gunner on the TIE Phantom is an interesting one. It's what a lot of people suggest as the easiest possible fix to the Vader issue, it's clean and it makes waaay more sense thematically. 

But it's not going to get filled! Even with the 3 point discount, I don't see Fifth Brother being worth it just for a Force point that's ever so slightly better than normal on attack. I guess it lets Phantoms have an eye mod for both attack abd defence? But I feel like if you're getting shot as a Phantom, you've done something wrong anyway. 

And BT-1 is an interesting option, as he requires Vader somewhere else. Is there a possibility for a Vader party bus with Vader crew and 0-0-0 on a Reaper or Shuttle just to power up Whisper? Just feels like a lot of work to be worth it...

Other than that, none of the generic gunner options do anything.

Should we assume that the Phantom will come with a more appropriate gunner when it evenutally gets re-released?

1 minute ago, Koing907 said:

Lowered points, added a gunner slot. I'm going to have a ball. :D

I am going to test one as well, have not got around to it yet. Felt also too expensive until now.

What I forgot above:

The Kihraxz still have no Vaksai :( Some of the mods are more expensive now, so even less incentive to put something in their slots-

But with Afterburners at 6 now, Quinn (although for him only 1pt less saving, as he goes up) and some of the Kihraxz pilots might think about it.

23 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

Should we assume that the Phantom will come with a more appropriate gunner when it evenutally gets re-released?

When Second Edition was still being revealed, I assumed the Phantom would have a Gunner slot and that the Gunner slot may be a way for it to get back its original 4 attack (but under more controlled circumstances). The balance ended up working out in the end, but now that it does have a Gunner slot after all, I'm definitely expecting to see a less turret-focused Gunner option somewhere.

Edited by Jokubas

34 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Mostly lives.  The "standard list" is now at 201 points.  Shouldn't be too hard to find something to cut, but the basic archetype looks like it'll still exist.  This irks me.

WAIT!

It got errata'd out!  List "legal" but it doesn't work.

Yea, Dash Roark is dead.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/277390-x-wing-official-rulings/?page=2&fbclid=IwAR2iaJcp6QMqCndLfls_1ylEr5czoHagb2fc0f0jzrt1Bj9DSoX1FkyOKY4

17 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

And BT-1 is an interesting option, as he requires Vader somewhere else. Is there a possibility for a Vader party bus with Vader crew and 0-0-0 on a Reaper or Shuttle just to power up Whisper? Just feels like a lot of work to be worth it...

Or just let Vader fly his own fighter.

23 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

The crew slot going to gunner on the TIE Phantom is an interesting one. It's what a lot of people suggest as the easiest possible fix to the Vader issue, it's clean and it makes waaay more sense thematically. 

But it's not going to get filled! Even with the 3 point discount, I don't see Fifth Brother being worth it just for a Force point that's ever so slightly better than normal on attack. I guess it lets Phantoms have an eye mod for both attack abd defence? But I feel like if you're getting shot as a Phantom, you've done something wrong anyway. 

This is why I was against the change, even if it makes more thematic sense.  There are no usable gunners on the Phantom.  They have effectively removed the slot, and along with it the Empires only small base crew carrier.  And to add insult to injury, they also murdered the 4 x Juke Sigma list, which was a lot of fun, and no where near overpowered.  Big fail from FFG.

edit:  They have also removed Supernatural Reflexes from the game, making Vader, IMO, unusable.

Edited by HolySorcerer

18 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

I hope there are more non-turret gunners which come out in the future.

But I feel like 5th Brother is probably not too bad.  Having a force token makes it easier to spend an action on a barrel roll on Whisper, and not quite as unsafe to K-Turn.

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:

But I feel like 5th Brother is probably not too bad.  Having a force token makes it easier to spend an action on a barrel roll on Whisper, and not quite as unsafe to K-Turn.

As well as to have that soft defense modifier if an opponent manages to force a bump.

10 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

What I forgot above:

The Kihraxz still have no Vaksai :( Some of the mods are more expensive now, so even less incentive to put something in their slots-

But with Afterburners at 6 now, Quinn (although for him only 1pt less saving, as he goes up) and some of the Kihraxz pilots might think about it.

Personally I would prefer to see the Vaksai released as it’s own unique ship. Preferably with the more snub-fighter, hot-rod design.  It wouldn’t be difficult to do, and could fill a role similar to the T-70.  Slap on a native Boost, an extra shield, give it some blue 1 turns or 2 turns, shake up the dial a bit, and give it only 1 mod slot.  

But regardless we do need some more modifications.  As it is for the Khiraxz, my go-to upgrades for named pilots are afterburners, shield, and hull.  And usually not more than 2 of those at a time.

And now that the App has caught up... As a Rebel main, I'm glad to say that only four of my lists are too expensive.

Two thanks to Moldy Crow, one was trip Starfortresses thanks to Traj Sim, and uh... Did homing missiles go up a point? I'd thrown together three A's and three Z's with nothing but Homing Missiles across the board and Elusive on the A's, but never flew it. That one's at 204 now, so Idk.

Nearly all of my other lists gained 10-15 points easily :D 

I see the Phantom Gunner slot as a sort of investment in the future. TIE Phantom re-release or no, I feel like it limits their design space to begin with to not have more Gunners that work without turrets and it makes me feel like it's inevitable. In the meantime, it's not unusual for a ship to have a slot you're not usually going to be filling every time, and Fifth Brother is an option, even if he's limited.

1 minute ago, SpiderMana said:

And now that the App has caught up... As a Rebel main, I'm glad to say that only four of my lists are too expensive.

Two thanks to Moldy Crow, one was trip Starfortresses thanks to Traj Sim, and uh... Did homing missiles go up a point? I'd thrown together three A's and three Z's with nothing but Homing Missiles across the board and Elusive on the A's, but never flew it. That one's at 204 now, so Idk.

Nearly all of my other lists gained 10-15 points easily :D 

Homing went up from 3 to 5 points.  I kinda wish Ion Missiles went down to 3 to fill the gap, but I dunno.  Seems fair.  Homing felt like it dealt damage more reliably than it's point cost, and the cost of most ships which took it went down.