Sign in to follow this  
Docgimmethenews

Operation Superior Positions

I didn't yet have a chance, though it looks fun. Yesterday I finally got the chcance to play the first two missions of Deep Jungle, and this one is fun too. Both are in fact variation of "Escalation" idea, and both seem to do better job at it than the usual ones (Gathering Forces/Shadow/Massing Superiority).

On 1/28/2019 at 1:04 PM, Docgimmethenews said:

Who's league is playing this? We are three weeks in to our tournament and it is a fun operation.

Our league here in Ohio is also running this operation (we're starting our third week tomorrow).  In my opinion this mission would have worked better (more tactical) with pretty much any deployment other than battle lines.  Battle lines just forces both players to set up their objective as close to the central objective as possible where the unit leader can move once and claim both objectives.  The rest of the game is both players throwing as many units into the grinder in the middle to claim both objectives and hope for the better dice rolls.

6 hours ago, Chili-52 said:

Our league here in Ohio is also running this operation (we're starting our third week tomorrow).  In my opinion this mission would have worked better (more tactical) with pretty much any deployment other than battle lines.  Battle lines just forces both players to set up their objective as close to the central objective as possible where the unit leader can move once and claim both objectives.  The rest of the game is both players throwing as many units into the grinder in the middle to claim both objectives and hope for the better dice rolls.

You in the Dayton league? Literally had this convo the other day! And astute your observation is. It's a fun gametype, but you are literally waiting for the other guy to make a tactical mistake and hope for the good dice roll...