somerandomn00b

Motti 5 ship

Empire

388/400

Advanced Gunnery

Hyperspace Assault

Solar Corona

ISD 2: Admiral Motti, Strategic Adviser, XI7 Turbolasers, Leading Shots

Victory 1: Assault Concussion Missiles, Heavy Turbolaser Turrets, Ordnance Experts

Victory 1: Assault Concussion Missiles, Heavy Turbolaser Turrets, Ordnance Experts

Gozanti Cruisers: Comms Net

Gozanti Cruisers: Comms Net

Took this list to the regional yesterday at FFG HQ for a test flight. Four epic bloodbaths later I was in 16th with 22 points and a 3 - 1 record.

Round 1 vs Roger's Sloane list: Played his Advanced Gunnery for a 7-4 win.

Round 2 vs Andy's Sloane list: Played his Most Wanted for a 7-4 win.

Round 3 vs Ted's Jerjerrod list: He won the dice off for first player (same bid) and we played my Solar Corona. Lots of dancing ships later I had another 7-4 win.

Round 4 vs Nick's Vader list: Played his Most Wanted and got blown out by some impressive Vader rerolls. I didn't get his ISD whittled down fast enough to try and close the points gap (who goes to Speed 0 for two straight turns to stay out of engagement? Mad props for the tactic.) and he got the 10-1.

Sorry for lack of turn by turn details, I didn't think to take notes until after round 2.

4 hours ago, Sadmiral-lack-pa said:

When is the "right" time to use HTT? 

I like the concept but i can't really see how it's meant to play out 

Due to the fact that they clash with accuracies, offer your opponent choices and don’t make chip damage stick, they’re frankly outclassed by XI7s.

On 1/28/2019 at 6:02 AM, Mad Cat said:

I would go for QBTs, E-Rax and SFOs on the VSDs. It will free up enough points for ECM on the flagship.

Ironically, the previous iteration of this list had ECM on the flagship and it always felt like a waste of points.

I'll keep that VSD load out in mind, that might be just what I'm looking for in a different fleet.

On 1/28/2019 at 7:31 AM, Sadmiral-lack-pa said:

When is the "right" time to use HTT? 

I like the concept but i can't really see how it's meant to play out 

The basic idea is fly the VSDs in formation like one would normally do with Nebs, feed them tokens with the flotillas, and blow up whatever gets close. The ISD either does flanker duty, or comes across the board as an anvil to the VSDs hammer depending on the objective and the opposing fleet.

On 1/28/2019 at 12:39 PM, The Jabbawookie said:

Due to the fact that they clash with accuracies, offer your opponent choices and don’t make chip damage stick, they’re frankly outclassed by XI7s.

Compared in a vacuum, I'd agree. However, I have this bad habit of going rogue ...

8 minutes ago, somerandomn00b said:

Compared in a vacuum, I'd agree. However, I have this bad habit of going rogue ...

By all means, they're your plastic spaceships, be bold, have fun.  Since he asked, though, I wouldn't want other players not to know the practical reasons to avoid them.  😉

There is a case to be made for HTT's I think, but only on ships that are going to be putting out high damage on big ships. I like them as they tend to force your opponent to either take hull on 1 flank or drop a massive amount of shields which I have found helps your smaller ships stack up damage (as your opponent begins to run out of shields to redirect to/repair their vulnerable hull with). My particular favourite way to run it is in a Vader cymoon with; Str. Advisor, XX-9's, HTT's, Gunnery team, and Devastator.