Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cavgunner

Hasn't the info drought gone on long enough, FFG?

Recommended Posts

Has it gone on long enough?   Yes.   

 

I'm beginning to wonder if something has gone wrong with the SSD process.  Has anyone actually received a Game Trader Magazine with that flyer?  

 

I think we may have to simply accept that there seems to be a delay.  Maybe it won't be Q1 anymore.  Kinda sucks but look at games like Descent

Edited by Crabbok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Crabbok said:

I'm beginning to wonder if something has gone wrong with the SSD process.  Has anyone actually received a Game Trader Magazine with that flyer?  

The Super Star Destroyer flier was included in the December GTM (Issue # 226). Within the Magazine, it stated "Scheduled to ship in November 2018." Issue 227 did not include the SSD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say that we've entered the realm of poor customer service. I would be more understanding if a delay was issued versus complete silence. 

It's not that hard and its doesn't even need to reveal any problem. For instance:

"Hey Armada Admirals! In order to deliver the best experience, we are continuing to evaluate the SSD impact on the game prior to release. The process sometimes takes longer than anticipated but we're committed to providing a quality play experience every time. So stay on target and enjoy the current game while we finalize our next and biggest product. Sincerely, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY AT FFG."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Crabbok said:

Has it gone on long enough?   Yes.   

 

I'm beginning to wonder if something has gone wrong with the SSD process.  Has anyone actually received a Game Trader Magazine with that flyer?  

 

I think we may have to simply accept that there seems to be a delay.  Maybe it won't be Q1 anymore.  Kinda sucks but look at games like Descent

A UK based game store is stating a release date of 14th Feb. No idea if this is accurate or not.

The site has stated that for the last 6 weeks or so, having stated ‘coming soon’ or whatever they normally say beforehand.

Nevertheless, FFGs improved customer relations/communications hasn’t exactly got off to a great start this year 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhatsArmadaWithYou said:

(...)

"Hey Armada Admirals! In order to deliver the best experience, we are continuing to evaluate the SSD impact on the game prior to release. The process sometimes takes longer than anticipated but we're committed to providing a quality play experience every time. So stay on target and enjoy the current game while we finalize our next and biggest product. Sincerely, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY AT FFG."

TBO- since Armada waves are very rare the balance has improved a lot, so I belive that will not change. However rarity of any info is dissapointing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a century old company like Nintendo can learn to open up to customers (see new metroid game), you'd think FFG could look at that and say, "hmm,  maybe we are going about this all wrong?"

Nintendo had received a ton of support by fans  over their announcement that the game would be further delayed due to issue regarding quality and standards. On YouTube and twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WhatsArmadaWithYou said:

I would say that we've entered the realm of poor customer service. I would be more understanding if a delay was issued versus complete silence.

Agreed, pointed that out in an earlier topic... which they had time to remove but none to reply, not even by just actually releasing an article for us all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve harped on the idea for a long time that companies in today’s era are better off with consistent communication. Even if the communication is admitting a delay. 

 

The era of companies staying totally silent until their desired message of “everything is perfect and ready” is dead and gone. If it ever existed. 

 

SpaceX blew up a rocket and essentially responded with a video of the explosion and a twitter message saying “when the next one explodes it won’t be for the same reason.” Humor, transparency, and humility goes a long way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Church14 said:

I’ve harped on the idea for a long time that companies in today’s era are better off with consistent communication. Even if the communication is admitting a delay. 

 

The era of companies staying totally silent until their desired message of “everything is perfect and ready” is dead and gone. If it ever existed. 

 

SpaceX blew up a rocket and essentially responded with a video of the explosion and a twitter message saying “when the next one explodes it won’t be for the same reason.” Humor, transparency, and humility goes a long way

Wholeheartedly agree.

I'm pretty vocal about this being the way to do things, but unfortunately, the intended constructive-criticism of this idea tends to get mired in the slog of "armada is dead"-toned messages, which is part of the reason that I tend to stay silent when the forums get into that pattern.

I'm okay with the idea that it would be delayed - I'm okay with FFG saying "We're probably not going to touch armada while we focus on XWing and Legion, but here's our plan for when we touch it again in a few months" - I'm weary of FFG being silent about armada despite the repeated cries for more engagement and communication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Church14 said:

I’ve harped on the idea for a long time that companies in today’s era are better off with consistent communication. Even if the communication is admitting a delay. 

Agreed, and to add to that...

Even if the communication is just filler.  The SSD flyer could have been split into a couple articles and we'd be happier.  Articles written by bloggers that are basically rehashes of stuff they already published in other formats would be an improvement.  Vague designer diaries that give us nothing of substance would be a breath of fresh air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...