jan-michael-vincent

The Fan Setting Splatbook

Hello FFG Staff and my fellow Genesys fans,

I have an idea, one that I believe will be a tribute to the fanbase and define Genesys as a community driven game. My proposal would be for FFG to work with us to develop a Splatbook (or larger) that collects settings created by us, fans of Genesys. In the book each setting gets a set number of pages to fill with lore, themes, equipment, adversaries, allies, as well as a short starter adventure.

Now there are lots of question. page limits, setting structure, copyright considerations (No existing IPs of course), publishing formats, and of course how settings are selected. But I am sure our community and FFG can work it out.

If you think this is a good idea please post your support, if you have ideas of comments please add them. 

Thank you for your time,

Unfortunately this is not going to happen anytime soon. There’s has been no official chatter about opening up Genesys to fan publication for-profit, nor do any FFG staff frequent these boards. So the likelihood of FFG even seeing this is slim.

Right now, they are content with releasing their content only. And with the headaches that their other, licensed, IPs are probably giving them, I don’t blame them. Maybe after they release all the sample settings in the CRB we might see some fan license options. Maybe. Possibly. Who knows.

I think the forums and such are the closest we'll get to this for now, if FFG let Genesys grow like some of the other big RPG systems then these kinds of options may eventually surface in future, but for now, the forums and other community channels are the way to go- it is this community support that will grow the Genesys RPG system and fuel its future popularity - a healthy enthusiastic fan/player community gets the game out there and engages players and potential players with it more.

I think we do the community support stuff well!