Sign in to follow this  
EbonHawk

Flechette and Tokens

2 black dice with crits rolled on a squadron with a scatter. Do you activate the squad first, or do you scatter the dice?

My opinion is that the token spend should come first, otherwise FFG have overpowered yet another imperial upgrade while nerfing rebels to the extreme.

46 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Activate the squad.  You spend the die "while attacking," which comes before the spend defense tokens step.

In fairness, the "Pelta upgrade" we have to buy is doing the one thing it's meant to do, in the limited radius it's meant to do it in.

Thanks Jabba, fair enough pretty brutal upgrade on a raider with Ord Experts / plus maybe kallus. IMO far too OP, as rebels have 0 ships which can make use of it the same way, and considering the Pryce/Quaser Ball, I don't think rebels even have a viable counter to it.

What is the Pelta upgrade?

1 minute ago, EbonHawk said:

Thanks Jabba, fair enough pretty brutal upgrade on a raider with Ord Experts / plus maybe kallus. IMO far too OP, as rebels have 0 ships which can make use of it the same way, and considering the Pryce/Quaser Ball, I don't think rebels even have a viable counter to it.

Flechettes.  I was making the case that they’re a silver bullet that severely weakens the Raider in other matchups.  To be fair, the thing about silver bullets is that sometimes you’re the werewolf, and that’s never fun.  Then you’ve gotta play defensively with the squads; that Raider isn’t Demo, you can force it to come to you and kill it in the squadron phase, or bring a ship that can quickly throw a few squads then finish it (possibly with Bail to shut Pryce down hard.)  It will mess you up if you let it, but it’s still situationally useless and very fragile.

Just now, The Jabbawookie said:

Flechettes.  I was making the case that they’re a silver bullet that severely weakens the Raider in other matchups.  To be fair, the thing about silver bullets is that sometimes you’re the werewolf, and that’s never fun.  Then you’ve gotta play defensively with the squads; that Raider isn’t Demo, you can force it to come to you and kill it in the squadron phase, or bring a ship that can quickly throw a few squads then finish it (possibly with Bail to shut Pryce down hard.)  It will mess you up if you let it, but it’s still situationally useless and very fragile.

It's terrifying with Pryce at 800 points! Agree the raider is situational at normal points games, Pryce is just a general beast on a quasar though! 

Well, upgrades and ships are inherently balanced (or at least attended to be) for the 400pt-ish game, so blueing that value out does things odd 😁

but yes - Fletxhettes are a SPEND effect that happens during dice modification, before critical effects or even defense tokens.

made DELIBERATELY so, so scatter aces couldn’t dodge em 😁

On 1/26/2019 at 5:11 PM, EbonHawk said:

The best you've got is the MC75 AC with Ruthless and Ordnance Pods or FT and some YT1300s. QBL for that sweet, sweet Counter 1 when Dengar rolls in with the SloBaces (Sloan Ball Aces) to continue to use Ruthless. Maybe Draven but then that's the Officer, the Weapons Team, the O Retro, and the Torpedo upgrade slots all to counter the SloBaces., on a large base ship. 

Hammerhead Scout has the blue you can use with Ruthless, but much easier for SloBaces to just fly around and ignore your small base AA platform. 

My suggestion: Run Imps to counter SloBaces in your local meta.

/I did not type this post just to see how many times I could use SloBaces. 

//It's really sad when Markeek rolls up and disintegrates your MC80s Brace in round 2 with help from Jendon. 

Edited by eliteone