HealOverTime

Your Squad Names?

In the past I’ve generally gone with a Star Wars twist on movie titles (i.e. Ewokalypse Now)...

But I’m currently flying ‘The Resistance’, so all my squadrons are named after songs by Muse... obviously!

5x A-Wings is ‘Knights of Cydonia‘

2x A-Wings and 2x T-70 is ‘Butterflies and Hurricanes’

3x T-70 is ‘Execution Commentary’

2x Starfortress is ‘Neutron Star Collision’

Anything with Fat Vennie is ‘Supermassive Black Hole’

Anything with a Falcon is ‘Muscle Museum’

Anything with Super Poe is ‘Apocalypse Please’

;)

Edited by DexterOnone

I was all about that in first edition. I may have reached a creative roadblock though. The names are more or less reminders of what ships are in them, such as "B Aggressive 1.3-19.01.24"

In this example the are B wings as the main thrust of the list and they fly aggressively.

I don't know if anyone else does it, but I like to add the iteration and date created too. 

Old lists that I can remember: "Horton (Salm) Heard a Who," "Hairy Jedi," "4-LOM to the Rescue," "Inquisitors Want to Know"

I'll work on it.

I try to come up with punny names but most of the time can’t think up anything creative so I end up with names like “Resistance Aces” or “Scum Favorites.” But every now and then I come up with a good one, such as:

”Crits and Giggles” (Rexler Brath, Maarek Steele, and Zertik Strom)

I fluctuate between being clever and just trying to indicate what's in the list. I also tend to the idea that a list shouldn't get a "name" until it wins or at least gets played a bunch.

I want to be able to make notes on squads and I'd like the web-based builder to have some sort of revision tracking. So I don't need a new name for a tweaked list. 

Bad Moon Rising ~ Quickdraw/Kylo Ren & Null

Despacito ~ Rey/Poe

Poe's Bare Naked Ladies ~ Tallie/Poe/Rey

My three main squads; I've played and won the most games with Kylo/Null/QD but Rey and Poe are not far behind. Poe/Rey/Tallie is just a fun list overall with a lot of variables depending on flying style. I fly mostly FO and Resistance right now. All my lists are Hyperspace only.

Edited by Cgriffith
more information

I’ve been using icons that remind me of the ahios/pilots, such as:

🌃🦟📻🔥😶  FO: Midnight, Malarius, Static, Scorch, Null

🎁🐿👷🏽‍♂️🌞🚜  Scum: 4-LOM, Palob, Seevor, Sunny, Quadrunner

🥤🦋🌞  Scum: Boba, Guri, Sunny

📈🗡👨🏻‍🎓  Imperial: Redline, Deathrain, Cultass, Academy Pilot

👨🏻‍🚀🌾🎯 Rebels: Wedge, Luke, Thane

Edited by Pewpewpew BOOM

This is the good stuff :)

That you can't save a squad without naming it, on the app, has easily doubled my list making time.

I don't have anything particularly inspiring atm, I delete squads to keep the list short and tend to go through a fair few. I like puns and plays on words and phrases, but mostly I just try to make them title worthy. I've got Bob's Teeth, for Boba + 2 Fangs. The Jukebox, for Vermeil, Echo and an Onyx, all with Juke. The Four Taxmen of the Apocalypse, an Imperial tribute to the Scum one. They're not as powerful or as likable as the Horsemen.

Jukes of Hazard was an obvious one.

Rex and Ryad were just Rex and Ryad. The Defenders. Never really felt like needing a name. Neither had Juke.

We had Dashing hero for Dash and Super Luke. Which isn't great, struggled with that one.

Needing one for Kath Scarlett and 2 Skulls atm. Haven't settled on upgrades so can't commit to a name yet.

A lot of my squads are named after famous or memorable starwars quotes. For example: No Disintigration; Punch It; Buckle Up, Baby; Don't Get Cocky, Kid and so on. I also like to take either ship names or pilot names and mash them: Fireviper, Starfangs, 4 Helfrost, Nymgar. 

When I am stuck for a name I use the suggested words feature of my phone. I start typing a random letter and then pick squad names purely from what the keyboard suggests.

My favorites are "Hey There" and "I'll Let Ya Go"

2 hours ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

I’ve been using icons that remind me of the ahios/pilots, such as:

🌃🦟📻🔥😶  FO: Midnight, Malarius, Static, Scorch, Null

🎁🐿👷🏽‍♂️🌞🚜  Scum: 4-LOM, Palob, Seevor, Sunny, Quadrunner

🥤🦋🌞  Scum: Boba, Guri, Sunny

📈🗡👨🏻‍🎓  Imperial: Redline, Deathrain, Cultass, Academy Pilot

👨🏻‍🚀🌾🎯 Rebels: Wedge, Luke, Thane

Clever.

Seems like we're going back to hieroglyphs before I get to 100 years old.

3 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Red in Tooth and Claw?

I like it. Makes me want to paint it her colours though. Not sure whether that'd be a good or a bad thing :D

3 hours ago, DexterOnone said:

Red Heads have more Fun?

Red Heads have more Fang!

Hopes for ridiculous 6pt price drop on Kath so she fits with 3 Zealous Recruits.