Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Happy Friday SSD is one day closer

Happy Friday!  Regionals Saturday here so I'm getting really pumped.

I'll be getting an SSD for both purposes (just one though, it'll come of the shelf when I want to play it)

Not sure how I'm going to transport it considering it's the My Sized Barbie of miniatures but...whatever.

9 hours ago, Alzer said:

Not sure how I'm going to transport it considering it's the My Sized Barbie of miniatures but...whatever.

airsoft wallets are your friend. I've got Mel's SSD, Resurgent and Bellator stucked into one.

doesn't move, doesn't scratch, you can even toss it without a risk for it's content

1 hour ago, gounour said:

airsoft wallets are your friend. I've got Mel's SSD, Resurgent and Bellator stucked into one.

doesn't move, doesn't scratch, you can even toss it without a risk for it's content

Link?  Everything that pops up when I search for that is a literal wallet.

10 hours ago, Admiral Calkins said:

Right here. One is for the table and one is going on the shelf in my cubicle at work. It’s gonna look epic.

If you could just go ahead and send me all those extra cards from the second one... Yeah, that'd be great, thanks.

It's a cool model, but I don't plan on picking one up. I'm not really a pretty thing collector guy, I'd rather spend that $200 on 3 or 4 great board games that will give me hours of enjoyment. I hope they've done a very, very good job on balancing the thing, because I don't want to have to buy one to keep up. Still, despite my misgivings, I'm very excited for what it *could* mean for the Armada community. Hopefully it brings us some new life, it's obvious we need it.

I will play with my SSD a lot. I have multiple ideas to try. Also my local group is starting a campaign soon. I may touch my entire list half way through to build a list with the SSD. Haha

29 minutes ago, IronNerd said:

It's a cool model, but I don't plan on picking one up. I'm not really a pretty thing collector guy, I'd rather spend that $200 on 3 or 4 great board games that will give me hours of enjoyment.

While I am getting two, the only reason is because our local game store was selling them on preorder for $124.99.  Given that the second one was really only costing me $50 and I wasn't likely to see that kind of deal of the SSD again, I just went ahead and purchased two.

3 minutes ago, Admiral Calkins said:

While I am getting two, the only reason is because our local game store was selling them on preorder for $124.99.  Given that the second one was really only costing me $50 and I wasn't likely to see that kind of deal of the SSD again, I just went ahead and purchased two.

Dang, I might have picked one up at that price. If we ever see "Amazon is selling the SSD for $100" type things like we've seen in the past (I couldn't NOT get a second Interdictor when they're only $15...), then I will relent and grab one. At $200 it's just a hard pass from me, because the "it's the cheapest model of this quality" argument means absolutely nothing to me. I just want Armada to be the best game it can be, and I want all the models to feed into that. That's all I care about.

Right now, no. I need a tax return or to sell my motorcycle to justify the expense for a game I play less than once a quarter at this point. And a deal.

I'll continue spending on Legion, mostly because I get to paint them for fun. Not so much to play it often either. 

1 hour ago, jbc98k said:

I'm getting at least one. I'm excited for it and really hope FFG keeps good stuff coming our way, even if it's slowly.

I promise I'll buy 10 Dreadnought heavy cruisers if they bring em on.

You mean imperial support vessel. 😉Which could actually be cool as a kind of  uber-flotilla (aka double fleet support slot)

16 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I'll be getting 2. One for play, one for my desk at work. Though, I may have to put up a shelf, with ISD Chimera and my Geno Breaker, the space I have is pretty full. 

Kinda hate you a little bit for having a Geno Breaker.