Sign in to follow this  
Irokenics

Do we really want a 2.0?

16 minutes ago, ThatRobHuman said:

Good data, that. Do you feel like there is a better option for Intel?

"Better" is relative.

Having Grit be a Levelled effect solves one issue (in the fact that Intel is not all-or-nothing, and that layering bubbles and individuals lets individuals break away)...  

BUT

It'll piss off everyone who is already pissed off at the amount of Bubble effects they're already measuring for, not solving that complaint (one I don't share) with them.

If they do a 2.0, I could see it more along the lines of older game systems. Where a new edition of the game came with a new rulebook... something Armada is sorely missing in my opinion is a legit rule book. We have the flimsy how to play and FAQ pdfs... but nothing with rules written out in a clear manner. Because they arnt. None of the rules are actually written in a clear, concise, manner.

And thats what I would want. A simple rule book to come with 2.0, along aide the launch of Clone Wars, with the factions listed, with their ship cards on a page with maybe some lore and minor points changes, and maybe a limit to unique squadrons... but thats it. Thats all I would really want. While I dont like the absurd measuring of squadrons and movement, its part of the game. I just dont do it myself, and I use less squadrons.

Just got around to reading the thread.

I think some kind of shake-up is needed.  I'm pretty sure that the SSD will shake things up, but not quite in the way that is needed.  I do think there are a handful of busted upgrade cards that force the game in pretty specific build patterns, and it would be great to break them up, whatever you call it.