GrumpyBatman

Beanstalk on the Boat!

Somewhat ironically I'm a player in a Shadowrun game every Wednesday at my FLGS. It's my first time ever playing a cyberpunk game and is also what sparked my interest in Shadow of the Beanstalk. Plus the Android universe as a whole.

If my book makes it before the game I might bring it with me and try to plant the seeds of a non magical dystopian setting for a future game.

Is it allowed for you to tell us what careers are in the game 

19 minutes ago, DarthGM said:

HAS BOOK IN HAND

IZ AWESOME ERMAHGERD

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

noms.jpg

Any chance you could tell us what careers are available? My copy arrives tomorrow and I start an Adroid campaign a week from Saturday.

So far my players want to play:

A hacker

A quote "Xplosion punchy face type"

A rigger or macguyver mr. fix it type

And a "rogue"

16 minutes ago, Riggswolfe said:

Is it allowed for you to tell us what careers are in the game 

Any chance you could tell us what careers are available? My copy arrives tomorrow and I start an Adroid campaign a week from Saturday.

So far my players want to play:

A hacker

A quote "Xplosion punchy face type"

A rigger or macguyver mr. fix it type

And a "rogue"

Careers are Academic, Bounty Hunter, Con Artist, Courier, Investigator, Ristie, Roughneck, Runner, Soldier, Tech
Hacker = Runner

Xplosion = Bounty Hunter, Roughneck, or Soldier

Rigger = Tech

Rogue = Con Artist.

Kinda all I got time to do for now, got a lot of work I need to do. I'll have to defer to others to give out more info.

Edited by DarthGM

Probably Thursday. But it is weird they haven’t released it yet. I honestly don’t believe the idea that selling a PDF takes away from brick and mortar sales.

1 hour ago, Colgrevance said:

Any news on the pdf version?

1 hour ago, Gundark said:

Probably Thursday. But it is weird they haven’t released it yet. I honestly don’t believe the idea that selling a PDF takes away from brick and mortar sales.

For Genesys Core, it was something like a week later.  For Realms of Terrinoth, it was the same day.  Given the official street date is this Thursday, it would be standard operating procedure for them to release it no earlier than Thursday.  And I agree, a lot of people will likely buy one or the other, but many will buy both. 

11 hours ago, themensch said:

For Genesys Core, it was something like a week later.  For Realms of Terrinoth, it was the same day.  Given the official street date is this Thursday, it would be standard operating procedure for them to release it no earlier than Thursday.  And I agree, a lot of people will likely buy one or the other, but many will buy both. 

Two weeks for Genesys core, if I recall correctly. But yeah, RoT was right on the street date, so hopefully tomorrow!

Something appropriate about having a pdf of this rulebook... ;)

2 hours ago, DarthGM said:

Something appropriate about having a pdf of this rulebook... ;)

Hopefully they do their magic to keep the size small so my ancient PADs can open it and turn pages in an expedient manner!  They managed to rework Core to that effect. 

24 minutes ago, TheSapient said:

Does SotB attempt to create a timeline for the setting?  Has anyone else made an attempt using Worlds of Android?  

I aim to, but the book's not out until tomorrow so only the astute prognosticators have succeeded here.

7 minutes ago, themensch said:

I aim to, but the book's not out until tomorrow so only the astute prognosticators have succeeded here.

Once there is an Android sub-forum, I say we get a thread going to offer best guesses for events in a T-minus format.  For example, the War of Worlds was T-25.  Then people can easily choose a year for their setting and apply those numbers accordingly.

Status shows "in stores now" on the Upcoming page!  Looks like I'll be dropping by the FLGS to pick up my preorder this evening....  (and FLGS confirmed - apparently there's a hardcover novel companion?  getting that too.)

Edited by themensch