Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
flyingcircus

Why or Why Are the Era books

Recommended Posts

Why are these new era source books taking forever to get off the boat, the Rise of the Separatists has been sitting on the boat now for over 5 months at least, whats the dang hold up on unloading and shipping them out?  I mean it's been there on the boat since 9/6/2018.   Now they announce  they started a new book on 1/10/19 called Allies & Adversaries, who knows when that will be ready, probably by the end of 2020.

Edited by flyingcircus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And... what do you expect us say ? Are you trying to start another salty thread about boats, and the time they take to arrive ? Because this forum doesn't need it, really ^_^

It's not that complaining here has ever changed anything...

If that helps you feel better, have a thought for those who are still waiting **** Nexus of Power, because the translation take years to be validated, because FFG doesn't give the slightest **** about its foreign customers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I feel for ya dude.  I feel the same way when Modiphious takes forever in distributing to the USA.  I just feel they can get stuff printed and give jobs to those who need them here in the USA, not to a Hostile nation like China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, flyingcircus said:

Well I feel for ya dude.  I feel the same way when Modiphious takes forever in distributing to the USA.  I just feel they can get stuff printed and give jobs to those who need them here in the USA, not to a Hostile nation like China.

Why would a British company print in the US?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dafydd said:

Why would a British company print in the US?

For the same reason a Japanese company would manufacture cars in the US. Avoiding import-export taxes, shipping costs, corporate sales tax rates, avoiding supply chain risks, and the like in a major or primary market. If you sell globally you might find printing separate print runs in separate markets cheaper (or safer). For instance, a print run in the EU for European countries and one in the US, Canada, or Mexico for NAFTA countries might prove cheaper. I suspect that when they do the math, however, printing + shipping from China has proven less expensive (thus far) than printing smaller runs in their primary sales market. This could in part be volume and the fact that china is (roughly) equidistant from Europe and North America. If a British company had as many or more consumers in the Eurozone than in the US and Canada printing at home would make sense. If they have more customers in the North America? Not so much. I don't think any of us have access to their sales numbers, so all we can do is assume they've crunched the numbers and come up with what they think the best number for them is.

Edited by Vondy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vondy said:

For the same reason a Japanese company would manufacture cars in the US. Avoiding import-export taxes, shipping costs, corporate sales tax rates, avoiding supply chain risks, and the like in a major or primary market. If you sell globally you might find printing separate print runs in separate markets cheaper (or safer). For instance, a print run in the EU for European countries and one in the US, Canada, or Mexico for NAFTA countries might prove cheaper. I suspect that when they do the math, however, printing + shipping from China has proven less expensive (thus far) than printing smaller runs in their primary sales market. This could in part be volume and the fact that china is (roughly) equidistant from Europe and North America. If a British company had as many or more consumers in the Eurozone than in the US and Canada printing at home would make sense. If they have more customers in the North America? Not so much. I don't think any of us have access to their sales numbers, so all we can do is assume they've crunched the numbers and come up with what they think the best number for them is.

Fair points, though my issue was more the suggestion that Modiphius should print in the US (as opposed to a "hostile country") as a patriotic act, and the implicit assumption that they must be a US company.

 

Not everything is about Uncle Sam, you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Decorus said:

Oh its pretty easy to Explain I hired a group of Somali Pirates to raid boats for all the new Star Wars Books and then hide them in an undisclosed location off the coast of France.

 

Darn those Somalis stealing our jobs. You know how hard it is to be a pirate in America these days... Yeesh. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 4:13 AM, AbsatSolo said:

And... what do you expect us say ? Are you trying to start another salty thread about boats, and the time they take to arrive ?

At least the Edge of the Empire forum has memes in it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...