Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 1/26/2019 at 12:13 PM, Snakes & Lattes said:

I was fiddling around with a test tournament the other day on the site and wanted to delete it but there's only a an option to 'Cancel' so I did that. Later once I had the GEM software actually installed and was ready I set up a "real" tournament and when I check the Store Finder through the Master Vault it lists both events still, the proper tournament and the Test one. Should cancelled events not be taken off?

If you think about it, if you have a real event that was cancelled, we need to know that, right?  So my answer is "not necessarily".  :)  Please submit a support request to the email in your GEM Client at the end of the Help doc and explain all of this in detail along with the names of the events.

Jeff Brower
GEM Client Lead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The program only works with windows 64 bits, but my computer works on 32 bits. Is there a way to make it run? Do you plan to make it compatible with 32 bits?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Team Calamity said:

We have a good and growing KeyForge player base who are very keen for us to run these events but we're prevented to do so unless we invest in extra hardware (Web Cam).

Maybe someone who comes into the store can help out? An old notebook that they may be throwing out or a webcam they have never used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to download GEM on my laptop, and I'm getting an error code saying my computer doesn't have an app to run properly. Is there something I need to download to install GEM? 

EDIT: Is says "This file doesn't have an app associated with it for performing this action."

Edited by Badeddys
Adding Info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ludicon said:

The program only works with windows 64 bits, but my computer works on 32 bits. Is there a way to make it run? Do you plan to make it compatible with 32 bits?

Thanks

My only suggestion is to look at your Control Panel/System screen and if you see anything like “32-bit operating system, x64-based processor,” this means you're using a 32-bit version of an operating system but your CPU can run a 64-bit version.  If that is the case you might be able to run a VM that will allow it to run or upgrade your Windows to 64-bit.  Beyond that, we had to draw the line someplace for what we could not just offer, but also support.  Going with the current releases from both Windows and Apple let us distribute this free software to the vast majority of the retail community.  No company currently manufacturers 32-bit desktop processors anymore and even our phones have 64-bit processors in them today.  We currently have no plans to backport the software to older releases or to computers where the manufacturers are no longer making desktop processors.  Sorry for that bad news.  :(

Jeff Brower
GEM Client Lead 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ottos Video Games and More said:

Can we get a screenshot of where the upload button is supposed to appear at the end of an event? We've done everything we can, its not a casual event, and it is finished (did all four rounds), but no upload button is appearing. Just trying to make sure our players get what they earned.

It will be directly under the Save and Load buttons as soon as you finish the last round.

Jeff Brower
GEM Client Lead 

image.png.58cf1b5ff645ba063a10dbc91483c0d1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Badeddys said:

I'm trying to download GEM on my laptop, and I'm getting an error code saying my computer doesn't have an app to run properly. Is there something I need to download to install GEM? 

EDIT: Is says "This file doesn't have an app associated with it for performing this action."

It sounds like your antivirus may have removed or quarantined GEM.  This is the kind of world we find ourselves these days.  Unfortunately, even though our code is properly signed, some antivirus software is very aggressive and removes software until it gets a certain number of complaint free installs.  I would investigate your quarantine and automatic delete functions and re-install GEM.  Sometimes, just the re-install will say to the antivirus that you really want the software.  Hope that helps!


Jeff Brower
GEM Client Lead 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am familiarizing myself with the Keyforge system of scheduling events and running tournaments. I've noticed under "My Events" when I'm creating an event... Under Event series, Chainbound is Grayed out and says (disabled because you have not been given allotments). Is there something I need to do to fix that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bigpawz said:

I am familiarizing myself with the Keyforge system of scheduling events and running tournaments. I've noticed under "My Events" when I'm creating an event... Under Event series, Chainbound is Grayed out and says (disabled because you have not been given allotments). Is there something I need to do to fix that?

Yup!  In order to run a Chainbound event you will have to have an allotment of events.  You can apply for an allotment from your retailer account.

Jeff Brower
GEM Client Lead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Greymarch2000 said:

If I want to loan a friend one of my decks to use in a chainbound tournament will that work or does it have to be registered to them?

That's awesome!  We encourage people to bring others into the sport of Organized Play and turn them onto new games like KeyForge!  Even if they are already into the game but just want to try your deck of awesomeness, that's cool too!  It's called Community and we are all about community!  For that reason, we are tracking players and decks separately!  We want players to get AEmbershards for playing and decks to get tracked for wins so that we can keep the game balanced.

Feel free to loan decks with gleeful abandon.  Just remember - your friend might win so much with your deck that he might just Power Level it right out of Chainbound!

Jeff Brower
GEM Client Lead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long does it usually take to process the chains and shards from the end of an event? We finished a tournament last night (Upload was pressed) and the players said there was no change in their profile/archon. 

Also is there any way to look at past tournaments that have been finished and see what the Archons used were?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick GEM question before I run my first chainbound event:

Can multiple decks that are registered to the same Master Vault account participate in the same chainbound event?

For example, we have several parents who play KeyForge with their kids at our store.  Typically, their decks are all registered to 1 Master Vault account because the parents doesn't want their children to have access to a seperate FFG/Master Vault account.  Can those decks all participate even though they're tied to a single account?  Does that account gain shards for each deck participating in the event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Snakes & Lattes said:

How long does it usually take to process the chains and shards from the end of an event? We finished a tournament last night (Upload was pressed) and the players said there was no change in their profile/archon. 

Also is there any way to look at past tournaments that have been finished and see what the Archons used were?

We process these in a queue rather than instantly.   It's a server protection thing.   I kinda don't want to say exactly how long it is, but it is well under an hour - but the trick is this, when it runs, let's say every hour, you might get in that window right after it ran and have to wait nearly an hour - or you might get in just in the nick of time and it looks instant.

There is no way for you to do that currently.  We are adding new ideas all the time and there are a few things that smack of history that you will enjoy seeing - but I am not spilling the beans.  :)

Jeff Brower
GEM Client Lead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yipe said:

Quick GEM question before I run my first chainbound event:

Can multiple decks that are registered to the same Master Vault account participate in the same chainbound event?

For example, we have several parents who play KeyForge with their kids at our store.  Typically, their decks are all registered to 1 Master Vault account because the parents doesn't want their children to have access to a seperate FFG/Master Vault account.  Can those decks all participate even though they're tied to a single account?  Does that account gain shards for each deck participating in the event?

I am going to refer you to a previous reply I made:

  https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/289590-keyforge-gem-troubleshooting-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=3607124

Everyone that plays must have their own Master Vault account.  No exceptions.   No sharing of Profiles.  Totally free sharing of decks.  In my personal opinion,  privacy within the Master Vault is ridiculously safe.  It is the Profile in each player's Master Vault, used to enter a Chainbound tournament, which banks the shards that are awarded.  In other words, Players get shards banked in their unique Profile and Decks only get wins and losses which go into the calculations for Chains and Power Levels.  We don't care who owns the deck or who discovered it (as far as playing the deck goes).  What we do care about is having fun and keeping the game balanced.

Hope that helps!

Jeff Brower
GEM Client Lead 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Follow-up question and concern about GEM and chainbound tournaments:

I have regular customers who do not want to make a Master Vault account or register their decks, yet they still want to participate in tournaments I run at my store.  From reading posts on BGG about the choice to register your decks online, I know that those customers are not unique in this regard.  However, I also have customers who do want to earn shards by playing in chainbound events and have registered their decks.  Can GEM accommodate both types of player?

In other words, is there a way to slot players into a chainbound tournament as a participant without having a Master Vault account (i.e. a dummy account or simply non-shard account)?  Or will they be excluded from those events?

If it's the latter, I'm having a hard time seeing how GEM is helpful to the KeyForge community I'm trying to grow.  It seems antithetical to FFG's new casual approach to Organized Play detailed in their recent article, and will only divide communities between casual players and shard grinders.  Therefore, if playing in a chainbound event without a Master Vault account isn't a current option then I would suggest adding it as a feature in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Yipe said:

Follow-up question and concern about GEM and chainbound tournaments:

I have regular customers who do not want to make a Master Vault account or register their decks, yet they still want to participate in tournaments I run at my store.  From reading posts on BGG about the choice to register your decks online, I know that those customers are not unique in this regard.  However, I also have customers who do want to earn shards by playing in chainbound events and have registered their decks.  Can GEM accommodate both types of player?

In other words, is there a way to slot players into a chainbound tournament as a participant without having a Master Vault account (i.e. a dummy account or simply non-shard account)?  Or will they be excluded from those events?

If it's the latter, I'm having a hard time seeing how GEM is helpful to the KeyForge community I'm trying to grow.  It seems antithetical to FFG's new casual approach to Organized Play detailed in their recent article, and will only divide communities between casual players and shard grinders.  Therefore, if playing in a chainbound event without a Master Vault account isn't a current option then I would suggest adding it as a feature in the near future.

Plainly, the whole idea of Chainbound is Chains.  The Chains are what brings balance to the game.  Without Chains a lucky person who happens to buy the greatest deck ever (or the person with the most money to buy the best deck ever from someone else) ends up owning the local format, goes home with all the prizes, and leaves less room for fun to be had by others at local Chainbound events.  Chains and Power Levels bring the flat, fair playing field while allowing that lucky person to still have a great run locally.  Allowing a deck to be played at Chainbound events which is not registered means that we are allowing a deck that is unbound by Chains to play against decks which are - the complete antithesis of fairness.  This cannot be allowed.

Casual, on the other hand, is our Organized Play version which allows all decks - discovered or not.  All of the decks have the same rules applied to them equally and again fairness is achieved.

ÆmberShards are a digital reward.  They have to be placed in a digital container, or in this case, a digital vault - your own Master Vault.  We want to reward our players for playing at Chainbound events and we do that by giving them ÆmberShards.  Plainly, to receive the ÆmberShard digital rewards for playing in a Chainbound event you have to have the matching digital container and so you must have the Master Vault account as a place to put them.

I do not personally see how it can ever be that we will ever offer Chainbound and above without a player account (which we call Master Vault).  Every Organized Play system for every game must track its players, whatever they call their player identification system.  I will say that there are quite a few surprises in store in the GEM system which you might find helps these casual players who do not wish to engage in one of our standard Organized Play versions, but who still want to test their mettle in a tournament atmosphere - but I will not give any spoilers here.  Just remember that GEM is still a newborn and still needs time to mature.

I hope that helps you - and everyone - understand our thought process just a little better.


Jeff Brower
GEM Client Lead 

Edited by OldAmber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it that you need to track players when you have the ability to track decks?

I would really love for my kid to be able to play one of our decks on my Master Vault account. Under FFG’s terms of use he can’t even have his own Master Vault: “

  • You affirm that you are over the age of 13. The FFG Website is not intended for children 13 and under, and are not permitted use.”

So he’s 9 years old and loves Keyforge with a passion, made his own tokens even and I have to tell him he can’t play chainbound events for another four years? That makes us both very sad. If a solution can be found for this we’d both be very grateful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Palpster said:

Why is it that you need to track players when you have the ability to track decks?

I would really love for my kid to be able to play one of our decks on my Master Vault account. Under FFG’s terms of use he can’t even have his own Master Vault: “

  • You affirm that you are over the age of 13. The FFG Website is not intended for children 13 and under, and are not permitted use.”

So he’s 9 years old and loves Keyforge with a passion, made his own tokens even and I have to tell him he can’t play chainbound events for another four years? That makes us both very sad. If a solution can be found for this we’d both be very grateful.

I have some good news for you and your son!  He can, with your permission, consent, guidance, and supervision, have his very own account.

Here is how it works currently:  

You and your 9 year old son go online to get the account set up for him, just like you did for your own account, and put in all the information including his real birthdate.  The system will see that birthdate and will ask for the parent's email address.  The email that will arrive will contain a Consent Form.  You will be given the choice to return it by email, fax, or regular mail.  Once support receives it, they will process it very quickly and before long, your son will have his very own account!

For more information about this see the EULA Section 6 which covers minors:  https://account.asmodee.net/en/legal/eula

Oh - and to answer your first question directly:  We really love to give out ÆmberShards for playing and that is a digital reward.  The Master Vault gives us a digital container in which to put the digital rewards.  Besides, this is Organized Play (versus sitting at your kitchen table or going to the FLGS to be with friends for fun).  In every Organized Play, the organized part only works if we know who our players are and how they are doing.

I hope that helps!

Jeff Brower
GEM Client Lead

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the event manager wedsite, (where you set up the events) I set up a bunch of events. But then in the GEM software, all of those events are showing up as one day in the future. For example our event scheduled for yesterday’s correct on the website (1/31), but was listed listed as 2/1 in the software. Tried on a couple machines and got the same result. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, I'm Board Games & Family Fun said:

In the event manager wedsite, (where you set up the events) I set up a bunch of events. But then in the GEM software, all of those events are showing up as one day in the future. For example our event scheduled for yesterday’s correct on the website (1/31), but was listed listed as 2/1 in the software. Tried on a couple machines and got the same result. Thanks!

Have you checked the time zone settings in the software? In the Western Hemisphere, evening events will show up as next day events if the settings are for GMT or anything after that. It may even be that your computer is on the wrong time zone so it thinks you're in Uzbekistan or something like that. If your setup is correct, though, then the problem is beyond my "quick fix go-to" troubleshooting skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a bit of an issue locally and our FLGS employee is at a loss.

We're trying to set up Chain Bound events but the store can't figure out allotments, where to define them or any such stuff. 

I've been working with them to figure out the GEM software and scanning but they seem to be lost about what their retailer portal is how to access it or where to go to set up events so that they'll appear in GEM.

Is there a direction I can point them for answers? (they have discovery and triumph kits just no clue on allotments)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is it correct that stores have to run one event first, for verification purposes, which won’t track results, award aembershards and give chains? 

My local store ran our first Chainbound event using the GEM on Friday and this is what we were told. 

I won, with 3 wins out of 3. So on the one hand I’ve ‘missed out’ on 3 shards, but then again I didn’t gain chains that I ‘should have’ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...