Sign in to follow this  
RedLeader23

Force Charges

When you equip crew or gunners with force does the ship still recover one force charge per round or does each crew each recover one per round?

Edited by RedLeader23

If you look at all of the Force crew, you'll note that their Force symbol is +X^, whereas cards with a regular recurring charge are just X^. The "+" indicates that it gets added on top of the ship's existing value.

What might have confused you is that the Squad Builder does not show the icon for regenerating Force for Crew, just the +X part (unless you look at the full card image). This threw me off at one point myself. At the time, I didn't own any of those cards yet and it made me think that Force-using Crew was significantly less useful on a pilot that didn't have access to the Force themselves.

Edited by Jokubas

I've loaded up several force users on a ship piloted by a force user for an extra large pool and wider variety of options. Worked rather well, and you should not have to worry about using them up faster than you recharge (one at a time) in a normal game.

49 minutes ago, EVIL INC said:

I've loaded up several force users on a ship piloted by a force user for an extra large pool and wider variety of options. Worked rather well, and you should not have to worry about using them up faster than you recharge (one at a time) in a normal game.

My answer to everything: Hatin’ Kanan.

So force upgrades do increase force capacity, but they do not increase recharge rate.

Right now recharge rate for force and charges is locked in one of two values, +1 a turn (upside triangle) or no recharge ( ). All other force gains has to be done through special conditions (i.e. Luke Skywalker-T65). As of now, all cards (pilot and upgrades) with a force value has force regen. So putting force on a ship that already has force say Assaji Ventress w/Maul, all you would be doing is increasing the force capacity up to 3, but not force regeneration rate. Now if you put an upgrade with a force value on a pilot that has no force, they gain both force capacity (usually 1) and force regeneration. Why FFG hasn't made a pilot or upgrade without force regeneration, good question. I think you can easily give a nameless jedi crew or a force sensitive person an easy 2 or 3 without regen. It is a mechanic that is still largely unexplored.

Edited by Marinealver