https://tenor.com/NMDa.gif

Edit: I’m back, just had to hop on over to a different thread to copy/paste my most recent spiel.

VCX-100 Light Freighter - •Kanan Jarrus - 138
    •Kanan Jarrus - Spectre-1 (90)
        Dorsal Turret (4)
        •Magva Yarro (7)
        •Maul (13)
        Shield Upgrade (3)
        •Ezra Bridger (18)
        Hate (3)

T-65 X-wing - •Luke Skywalker - 62
    •Luke Skywalker - Red Five (62)
        Servomotor S-foils (Closed) (0)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Hatin’ Kanan! This particular build I call “Legends Never Die,” because Kanan has four charges for his pilot ability, which stacks rather nicely with Luke’s ability, making him mostly untouchable. That said, you have to fly carefully, because any opponent who thinks things through will try to nuke Kanan off the board before bothering with Luke. So you want to fly Luke in first, and hold Kanan back for at least the first engagement. Second engagement, bringing Kanan up and letting them shoot at him can be valuable, because you can regen the rest of your force charges via Hate and Maul, get a TL with Magva, and double-tap away!

Edited by SpiderMana

dark side only. unless having maul on board allows this.

edit: looked it up, so if kanan gives maul a lift, kanan gets filled with hateful thoughts and channels it. gotcha

Edited by Hobbyist
update to correct

I got some ideas about using it on a budget Vader in Hyperspace to just brick up and hammer in damage. Often when playing low Init generics against Supernatural Vader, I've found that even after catching him in a killbox, I still have to push damage through the force tokens modding defense dice before I can burn him down. Often, if he can run, he can get recharged and come back again. As well, I've played many games with Supernatural Vader where I never used the ability. I'm curious if using Hate to recharge Force against multiple attacks may help increase his survival.

I haven't put it on the table yet to see if its worth the loss of Supernatural, so may be complete crap.

TIE/ln Fighter - •“Mauler” Mithel - 33
    •“Mauler” Mithel - Black Two (32)
        Trick Shot (1)

TIE/ln Fighter - •“Scourge” Skutu - 33
    •“Scourge” Skutu - Seasoned Veteran (32)
        Trick Shot (1)

TIE Reaper - •Major Vermeil - 52
    •Major Vermeil - Veteran of Scarif (49)
        Trick Shot (1)
        Tactical Officer (2)

TIE Advanced x1 - •Darth Vader - 81
    •Darth Vader - Black Leader (70)
        Afterburners (8)
        Hate (3)

Total: 199/200

3 minutes ago, Hobbyist said:

dark side only. unless having maul on board allows this.

Maul (crew) allows this.

Edited by kris40k

4 hours ago, kris40k said:

I got some ideas about using it on a budget Vader in Hyperspace to just brick up and hammer in damage. Often when playing low Init generics against Supernatural Vader, I've found that even after catching him in a killbox, I still have to push damage through the force tokens modding defense dice before I can burn him down. Often, if he can run, he can get recharged and come back again. As well, I've played many games with Supernatural Vader where I never used the ability. I'm curious if using Hate to recharge Force against multiple attacks may help increase his survival.

I haven't put it on the table yet to see if its worth the loss of Supernatural, so may be complete crap.

TIE/ln Fighter - •“Mauler” Mithel - 33
    •“Mauler” Mithel - Black Two (32)
        Trick Shot (1)

TIE/ln Fighter - •“Scourge” Skutu - 33
    •“Scourge” Skutu - Seasoned Veteran (32)
        Trick Shot (1)

TIE Reaper - •Major Vermeil - 52
    •Major Vermeil - Veteran of Scarif (49)
        Trick Shot (1)
        Tactical Officer (2)

TIE Advanced x1 - •Darth Vader - 81
    •Darth Vader - Black Leader (70)
        Afterburners (8)
        Hate (3)

Total: 199/200

Maul (crew) allows this.

No FCS? 

27 minutes ago, Sir13scott said:

No FCS? 

Nope, just flip a Hit to Crit then spend the Lock, Darth Vader is not action starved. First time I caught onto the idea was Asa Graf's 6th place list at the Mynock Open which I can see his reasoning for it.

If you really wanted FCS, you could shave off Trick Shot for it, but there is something funny about throwing 4-5 Dice with Scourge and Mauler.

Edited by kris40k

17 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

https://tenor.com/NMDa.gif

Edit: I’m back, just had to hop on over to a different thread to copy/paste my most recent spiel.

VCX-100 Light Freighter - •Kanan Jarrus - 138
    •Kanan Jarrus - Spectre-1 (90)
        Dorsal Turret (4)
        •Magva Yarro (7)
        •Maul (13)
        Shield Upgrade (3)
        •Ezra Bridger (18)
        Hate (3)

T-65 X-wing - •Luke Skywalker - 62
    •Luke Skywalker - Red Five (62)
        Servomotor S-foils (Closed) (0)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Hatin’ Kanan! This particular build I call “Legends Never Die,” because Kanan has four charges for his pilot ability, which stacks rather nicely with Luke’s ability, making him mostly untouchable. That said, you have to fly carefully, because any opponent who thinks things through will try to nuke Kanan off the board before bothering with Luke. So you want to fly Luke in first, and hold Kanan back for at least the first engagement. Second engagement, bringing Kanan up and letting them shoot at him can be valuable, because you can regen the rest of your force charges via Hate and Maul, get a TL with Magva, and double-tap away!

Explain something to me.

How the frak does this work? Why does it make Luke better? I don't understand.

3 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Explain something to me.

How the frak does this work? Why does it make Luke better? I don't understand.

Kanan’s ability makes enemy ships throw less attack dice when shooting at Luke. Pair that with Luke recovering a Force charge when he is declared as a target and it makes his 2 base defence dice go a lot further.

14 minutes ago, Innese said:

Kanan’s ability makes enemy ships throw less attack dice when shooting at Luke. Pair that with Luke recovering a Force charge when he is declared as a target and it makes his 2 base defence dice go a lot further.

Yup. And Kanan can do it up to four times (or more, if he takes damage in between.) thanks to Maul and Ezra.

4 hours ago, buckero0 said:

I used it on Asajj and it wasn't too bad. I didn't put anything else on her except BT to keep her cheaper, You basically get 1 defense and offensive mod most of the time, every time 

BT-1 is a gunner, though.  The Lancer doesn’t have that slot.

7 hours ago, Innese said:

Geez. Kinda' depends on Super Luke though don't it?

1 hour ago, Matanui3 said:

BT-1 is a gunner, though.  The Lancer doesn’t have that slot.

BT is a crew member as well.  The crew lets the opponent decide if they are going to lose a green token or take a stress.

Edited by buckero0

40 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Geez. Kinda' depends on Super Luke though don't it?

As in Supernatural? I don’t follow.

Luke is still dice dependent, sure, but the game I tried out that build he was taking fire from all of the enemy’s ships for a couple of rounds, and he ended up losing both shields on one bad roll? I think that was all the damage he took that game.

3 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

BT is a crew member as well.  The crew lets the opponent decide if they are going to lose a green token or take a stress.

🤨 In 2.0? There is no Second Edition Scum and Villainy crew that has that effect. Are you sure you aren't referring to 0-0-0? Their effect is that the ship they are on may gain a calculate token if there is an enemy ship at range 0-1 unless the enemy ship chooses to receive a stress. BT crew does not exist in X-Wing.

1 minute ago, Sir Orrin said:

Are there dark/light side upgrades? I mean Hate isn't dark side only...

...yes it is. It says “Dark side only” in its requirement box.

People were asking for ages what Maul’s Crew card meant by “you may equip dark side upgrades”

Just now, SpiderMana said:

...yes it is. It says “Dark side only” in its requirement box.

People were asking for ages what Maul’s Crew card meant by “you may equip dark side upgrades”

Oh I get it now. Maul lets Kanan have it. I haven't gotten to use Maul crew or Hate yet so I wasn't aware that's how that worked. Thanks! 

5 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

As in Supernatural? I don’t follow.

Luke is still dice dependent, sure, but the game I tried out that build he was taking fire from all of the enemy’s ships for a couple of rounds, and he ended up losing both shields on one bad roll? I think that was all the damage he took that game.

Fine, Fat Luke.