Raicheck

RWBY

I started working on one awhile back, but I'm a much bigger fan of RWBY than my players... 

For Semblances, I would look at the Heroic Abilities in Heroes of Terrinoth. They pretty much function the same way. You'd likely have to sit down a customize a bunch of new ones though, as the Semblances in RWBY cover so many different ideas.

Another thing I changed is that Wounds were renamed to Aura. When your Aura is depleted, which would normally knock you out in GeneSys... the heroes can stay in the fight. Every time they get hit with no Aura though, they automatically take a critical injury and with that you'll start seeing the really bad injuries.

Star Wars had some really good item crafting rules and modifications, and I'd probably use that for the custom weapons. Just make it so that everyone gets a weapon that has the ability to switch from ranged to melee form as a maneuver. 

9 hours ago, Xphile101361 said:

Star Wars had some really good item crafting rules and modifications, and I'd probably use that for the custom weapons. Just make it so that everyone gets a weapon that has the ability to switch from ranged to melee form as a maneuver. 

Why use those rules when Genesys has (I would say better) rules for making your own weapons and armour? If you want the PC to actually craft the weapon (instead of just design it) the crafting rules in RoT work wonderfully. Honestly, though, crafting your own weapon takes place in the backstory of all characters in RWBY, so I don't think it's needed. Just let 'em build their weapon and call it a day. Sure, you'll want to put some restrictions in place—or, better yet, do it with your player—to prevent them with a damage 22, extreme-ranged, crit 1 weapon 😛

Edited by c__beck

Oh I agree that you can use the GeneSys rules. I actually created a base set of weapons (trying to keep the costs similar) so that people could just pick them up and use them (RWBY Weapon Worksheet). 

I just always have people in my play groups that love the customization process of tweaking and modifying their gear

If people aren't hugely interested in customization, I would probably just toss 2500-3000 credits to them and let them build custom equipment that matches that.

Edited by Xphile101361