Jump to content
Kauperwood

Descent Custom Items Expansion. (Currently 158 items)

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone.

I've always wanted to create a massive amount of new items for the purpose of gameplay diversity, and now I am making it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PRINTING

Now, thanks to Sadgit and his advices I am making print ready cards. Just download any card you want and order the print from PrinterStudio right here:
https://www.printerstudio.com/personalized/mini-european-playing-cards.html
Notice,that Descent cards are 41x63mm, so you will have to do a little bit of manual cuting.

While Items expansion is unfinished, I would recommend printing the cards on a color paper. With a good printer the quality is acceptable.
You could see the example below.


UPD: PrinterStudio Increased the requirement for card resolution for 2 pixels. I'll update cards once they are all done.
UPD: https://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/custom-mini-us-game-deck-size-cards.html  Sadgit suggested this site as an alternative for PrinterStudio. This site has the correct template for 63x41mm cards.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OVERALL

Anyone can toss in an idea for a new item, its stats, and perhaps some art text.

There are approximately 170 items in the whole game, including all expansions, class items and relics.
I am planning to double that amount of items. It means that more than a half is already done.

I reckon that expansion has to be distinguishable from the others and I will create a custom icon for it in the future to mark the items with.
Items expansion would require all small and large boxed expansions.

I still need to fix the wording and tweak the balance of many cards, so your help would be highly appreciated.

You can also suggest a bunch of ideas for the new cards here, in the comments. 

Seriously, I would love to see your ideas ^_^
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RULES V1.5

DICE
If any weapon has no blue die in its throwing pool, then use the die at the top of the row as an alternative. That die is now called the "Main one".
If after your throw the side of "Main one" that is face up has the lowest number of everything (Surge > Hearts > Range), then this side considered an X.
Each rule that allows you to manipulate  X applies to that side of the "Main one".
If you have added the same die to the throwing pool as the "Main one", then throw only one of those first. He is the "Main one". After that continue your attack as usual.

^^^[Red > Yellow > Green]^^^

KEYWORDS
1. Assault - Each time you perform an attack that targets a figure adjacent to you that was not adjacent to you at the start of your turn, that attack gains +1 Damage.
2. Aura X - Each time an enemy figure enters a space adjacent to this hero, that figure suffers X Damage.

3. Charge X - Place 1 charge token on the item at the start of your turn. X - maximum number of Charge tokens this equipment can have. The item describes the way you can spend Charge tokens. You can spend all charge tokens at once during your turn and it does not require an action.
You cannot spend Charge tokens if their amount  is unsufficient for a single Discarding.
4. "Condition" X - If this attack targets a figure that has "Condition" on it, then add X damage.
5. Fire Breath - Starting with the target space, trace a path of 4 spaces in any direction. All figures on this path are affected by this attack. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
6. Hardened X - ignore X amount of Pierce. (This keyword doesn't belong to me. I saw someone posting it on the forums.)
7. Heavy X - your speed is reduced to X and cannot be increased above X.
8. Knockback - Remove the target from the map, then place him on any empty space within 3 spaces of his original space. He counts as entering that space.
9. Meltdown X - Does more damage to the armored targets. Converts X Armor to the Damage that bypasses Armor. The rest of the damage still affected by target's Armor.
10. Pierce X - This attack ignores X Armor rolled on the defense dice.
11. Reach - Allows the figure to use a Melee attack to target a figure up to two spaces away, rather than only adjacent spaces. The target still needs to be in line of sight.
12. Sorcery X - After making an attack roll, you may convert up to X range to Damage, or up to X Damage  to range.
13. Support X - Not yet implemented.
14. New characteristic. Each hero has the same value of Luck. To test Luck you must roll 1 Grey die. If you roll 1 - You succeed. If you roll 0, 2 or 3 - You fail.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Items Created: 158

Days spent: Many

ACT I: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144820386@N04/albums/72157708910740503

ACT II: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144820386@N04/albums/72157708910785263
Items for Hardcore Start for Heroes (These items are used instead of default starting class items)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/144820386@N04/albums/72157708910661321


Conditions: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144820386@N04/albums/72157680340153048

Everything: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144820386@N04/

DROPBOX:
Items: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aqbfs9tvoz0bcqc/AABChik6aUVcbqk-q-IzXMQua?dl=0
Conditions: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nj8yrqhiamum2a7/AADFH9TEVEUZHI1sDiIXc_bNa?dl=0

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3251dbd7-0395-4524-bab3-a02be5d68a70.jpg

Edited by Kauperwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting these. The art that you use is top notch. May I ask where you got these from?
Some specific comments:

  • Are these act 1 or 2 items?
  • Ring of Health and Regeneration: "On a previous turn" needs to be specified as it could ne interpreted as "any of your previous turns in this encounter". "Received" should be replaced by "suffered"
  • Peacekeeper: "You cannot be Terrified" is standard language here.

I am currently developing a community driven expansion that will have roughly the contents of a official mini expansion. We have most of the stuff completed and are doing play-tests at the moment. I wonder if you would be interested in joining this project and provide some item cards to be added to the expansion.
Could you explain your reasons for adding the new rather complex rules for weapons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I‘m also curious about your proposed attack rules- it seems you’re trying to keep the ability to miss. Is that right?

Here‘s a few ideas I had but never went anywhere because I lost patience with photoshop. Let me know if you want to use them.

Travelling Staff

Act I, 100 gold. Two handed melee weapon.

Blue-red. When you perform a move action, gain 1 additional movement point.

Exhaust this card after rolling defense dice to add 1 shield to the results.

 

Spirit Charm

Act 1, 125 gold. Other.

Suffer 2 fatigue to exhaust this card and choose a hero within 2 spaces of you who is not knocked out. That hero recovers 1 damage.

The "not knocked out“ clause is to prevent a non-healer reviving a hero without using an action.

Edit: @Kauperwood very nice photoshop work, by the way. 

Edited by Lightningclaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also think that the new rules are to allow misses to occur when you're not using the standard 'one attack plus some power dice' combination...

Changing up the dice is an interesting variation mechanic, but that's way too many different 'miss' scenarios... I think you need to simplify the additional 'miss' requirements to ideally one, max two cases, and if that means limiting the choice of new dice combinations that you use then so be it... You can always let some weaker 'always hit' combinations go through, like Rat Swarms currently have...

Also I wouldn't bother compensating for the 'reroll Xs' or 'treat X as blank' skills - if you're not rolling a blue die, those skills have no effect - suck it up :D

 

1 hour ago, Lightningclaw said:

Travelling Staff

Act I, 100 gold. Two handed melee weapon.

Blue-red. When you perform a move action, gain 1 additional movement point.

Exhaust this card after rolling defense dice to add 1 shield to the results.

This is essentially a melee version of the Ironbound rune, but with the additional movement point affect as well, and yet it's 75 gold cheaper?! This is a very powerful Act 1 weapon and would definitely need to cost more...

1 hour ago, Lightningclaw said:

Spirit Charm

Act 1, 125 gold. Other.

Suffer 2 fatigue to exhaust this card and choose a hero within 2 spaces of you who is not knocked out. That hero recovers 1 damage.

The "not knocked out“ clause is to prevent a non-healer reviving a hero without using an action.

Suffer 2 fatigue to heal someone one heart and it can't even be used to revive? I can't see anybody ever using that, let alone paying 125 gold for it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lightningclaw said:

I‘m also curious about your proposed attack rules- it seems you’re trying to keep the ability to miss. Is that right?

Here‘s a few ideas I had but never went anywhere because I lost patience with photoshop. Let me know if you want to use them.

Travelling Staff

Act I, 100 gold. Two handed melee weapon.

Blue-red. When you perform a move action, gain 1 additional movement point.

Exhaust this card after rolling defense dice to add 1 shield to the results.

 

Spirit Charm

Act 1, 125 gold. Other.

Suffer 2 fatigue to exhaust this card and choose a hero within 2 spaces of you who is not knocked out. That hero recovers 1 damage.

The "not knocked out“ clause is to prevent a non-healer reviving a hero without using an action.

Edit: @Kauperwood very nice photoshop work, by the way. 

Yes,I do want to keep the ability to miss.
I am really grateful for your ideas and I actually will implement them pretty soon with some minor tweaks.

Hey,thank you.I am doing my best and improving my skills over time ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sadgit said:

Thanks for posting these. The art that you use is top notch. May I ask where you got these from?
Some specific comments:

  • Are these act 1 or 2 items?
  • Ring of Health and Regeneration: "On a previous turn" needs to be specified as it could ne interpreted as "any of your previous turns in this encounter". "Received" should be replaced by "suffered"
  • Peacekeeper: "You cannot be Terrified" is standard language here.

I am currently developing a community driven expansion that will have roughly the contents of a official mini expansion. We have most of the stuff completed and are doing play-tests at the moment. I wonder if you would be interested in joining this project and provide some item cards to be added to the expansion.
Could you explain your reasons for adding the new rather complex rules for weapons?

1. Just searched for a specific item on the internet,chose a picture and edited it.That's all.

2. Created separated albums for different Acts.Links provided.

3. Changed them,are they good now ?

4. Changed that.Thank you :)

5. I've seen your posts about this expansion and would love to see that on my table in the future.

6. I would want to see your new conditions (Their Fronts and Backs) so I can create new items that will utilize them.

7. I want to add more dice variations and also keep the ability to miss.These rules are just a raw concept and will be improved in the future.

8. I am interested,but I cant see how I can contribute to the project that already being play-tested
Thanks you for your specific comments,they were very helpful ^_^

9. Which resolution for card image is the best ?

10. How do I make it PrintReady ?

Edited by Kauperwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Xyphistor said:

-snip- 

This is essentially a melee version of the Ironbound rune, but with the additional movement point affect as well, and yet it's 75 gold cheaper?! This is a very powerful Act 1 weapon and would definitely need to cost more...

Suffer 2 fatigue to heal someone one heart and it can't even be used to revive? I can't see anybody ever using that, let alone paying 125 gold for it...

You have good points. My reasoning behind the staff‘s price was it does less damage than every other act I melee weapon, Iron Spear aside. (Poor thing). I‘d probably increase the price to 125. That‘s the bracket with the Trident, Halberd, and Bone Blade, which do more damage, reach, movement point gain, etc.

Edit: The first part could instead read "Exhaust this card during your turn to gain 1 movement point."

That adds tension between the two abilities, which creates a much more interesting item I think.

Thanks for the feedback! Perhaps I need to see if I can figure out Photoshop.

Edited by Lightningclaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These look really great. One small suggestion:

You could add expansion icons to the items. This would make it easier to sort out the ones, which you can't use due to a missing expansion.

Examples:

Latari Katana: LoR / TT / SoN icons (due to the green dice)

Peacekeeper: MoB / TctR icons (due to the terrified condition)

Black Iron Hook: SoN icon (due to the bleed condition)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm not super into a ton of new weapons just for the sake of a ton of new weapons. BUT a bunch of hybrid classes are about to come out, I kind of wonder if they wouldn't benefit from some support...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The uthuk meat cleaver should be the opposite : 2 surges +3 if your strengh is 5 or higher (maybe 4). Few heroes have 5 in strengh and when the have are already bad in all other attributes so if the meat cleaver is already a disadvantage on them it is no use to buy and play it

 

And by the way I already used the flaming sword artwork for a relic card in my Margath campaign 😉

Edited by rugal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

HUGE UPDATE!
New conditions
New items
New keywords
Fixed some balance issues (playtested 37 items)
The idea of Blind condition belongs to the well known Sadgit.
The art for the items has been made by numerous talented artists from the internet and edited by me.
ACT I: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144820386@N04/albums/72157707025070221
ACT II: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144820386@N04/albums/72157708368423345
Conditions: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144820386@N04/albums/72157680340153048
As you may have noticed I need help with wording. If you have a suggestions - give them ASAP. Thank you.

Edited by Kauperwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uthuk cleaver : shouldn't it be +3 hearts if your might is 5 or more ?

Many of your cards are some already existing power from heroes or class skill. Is it intended ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Runic Nature Belt - ...if you are attacked by...

Sands of Time - After you have performed the first action of your turn, you may suspend your turn. You may then resume your turn after another hero completes their turn.

Ring of Regeneration - missing a comma after 'turn'. Also, 'your last turn' refers to the hero's last turn, correct? Not the last round (including the overlord's actions)??

Forest Guardian - "...to inflict poison on the adjacent attacker."

Enchanted...is that really the name? Not Enchanted Bow?

Chains of Inevitable - "Choose 1 adjacent enemy. You and this enemy cannot move until either of you are knocked out or defeated."

Mirror Shield - because of the order of attacking, rolling dice, spending surges, applying conditions, this wording needs to be adjusted. Maybe "Any condition inflicted on you as the result of an attack is also inflicted on the attacking figure."

 

Is Sharktooth Arrows quite overpriced? Also, you can probably change the wording to "...rolled. This attack gains Pierce 1."

Is Peacekeeper overpriced?

 

 

Edited by wyatt606

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Act II

Vampiric - not Vampiric Ring or Vampiric Band? Also, this seems potentially overpriced. Why not, if you deal at least 1 damage, recover 1? Is that too strong?

True Hero's Signet - 'encounter' instead of 'mission'

The First Tide - Knockback is a monster ability, no? Can you include this on an item? Do you need to include instructions on what knockback is?

Sun Stuff - Sun Staff - also, is this really Rune? Don't know what Charge is yet...

Talon - Don't know what assault is yet... Text formatting

Suppression Cloak - can remove 'or it cannot enter that space.'

Ring of Health - your last turn (hero's) or the entire last round, including overlord's turn?

Rune of Telekinesis - not Magic also? Don't yet know how this works. Also, knockback issue

Radiance - maybe the bonus if attacking monsters with Dark trait too?

Hammer of Justice - comma instead of -

Dwarven Flamer - same issue with fire breath as knockback. also, meltdown?

Demonic Amulet - same issue with aura

Decapitator - Cool!

Damnation - If you defeat a monster that is Cursed, all monsters that were adjacent to the defeated monster become Cursed.

Blue Mage Robe - Your Mage or Healer skills cost 1 less fatigue to use.

Arcane Bow - same issue with sorcery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, rugal said:

Uthuk cleaver : shouldn't it be +3 hearts if your might is 5 or more ?

Many of your cards are some already existing power from heroes or class skill. Is it intended ?

You can find multiple items in the game that increase your stats like strength so a character with 4 could easy use this weapon as intended with an artifact.

Yes. It's intended

Edited by Kauperwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, wyatt606 said:

Act II

Vampiric - not Vampiric Ring or Vampiric Band? Also, this seems potentially overpriced. Why not, if you deal at least 1 damage, recover 1? Is that too strong?

True Hero's Signet - 'encounter' instead of 'mission'

The First Tide - Knockback is a monster ability, no? Can you include this on an item? Do you need to include instructions on what knockback is?

Sun Stuff - Sun Staff - also, is this really Rune? Don't know what Charge is yet...

Talon - Don't know what assault is yet... Text formatting

Suppression Cloak - can remove 'or it cannot enter that space.'

Ring of Health - your last turn (hero's) or the entire last round, including overlord's turn?

Rune of Telekinesis - not Magic also? Don't yet know how this works. Also, knockback issue

Radiance - maybe the bonus if attacking monsters with Dark trait too?

Hammer of Justice - comma instead of -

Dwarven Flamer - same issue with fire breath as knockback. also, meltdown?

Demonic Amulet - same issue with aura

Decapitator - Cool!

Damnation - If you defeat a monster that is Cursed, all monsters that were adjacent to the defeated monster become Cursed.

Blue Mage Robe - Your Mage or Healer skills cost 1 less fatigue to use.

Arcane Bow - same issue with sorcery

1. I think the name might be changed, thanks. No, its not overpriced. It is a very useful thing, especially in a 2 heroes playthrough where you have a free attack.
2. Thank you. I will change that the next time I upload new items.
3. I dont remember standard items using it, so I'll say that its a monster ability indeed, but personally I see no problem with using it as a keyword. I'll just make a list of used keywords in the future explaining how they work. For example, you do not need an explanation for a Pierce, same here.
4. Haven't noticed that typo, thanks a lot. For the purpose of balance. Charge is basically this: keyword - Charge X, where X means a maximum number of charges this weapon can have. You place 1 charge token on the item at the start of your turn. The item describes the way you can spend Charge tokens. You can spend all charge tokens at once during your turn and it does not require an action.
5. Assault is a keyword for a thing already present in the game:
6. Thanks
7. The entire last round
8. Again for the purpose of balance. Some skills that require a magic weapon for the attack are too powerful in a combination with this weapon.
9. In my opinion they are not that dark ))
10. Thanks
11. I think that fire breath fits well for such a weapon. I also thought that creating a new keyword for this is unnecessary. Meltdown X - this is the damage that bypasses armor if it is present. Example: Shadow Dragon has 5 as defence result and a flamer dealt 7 damage with dice and it also has Meltdown 3 trait.
7 - 5 = 2 damage, and here the Meltdown comes to deal additional 3 damage because the dragons defence result was 5 so it virtually converts it to the damage
bypassing armor. This trait kinda boils the creature inside its thick skin. If dragon had the defence result of only 2 then he would've suffered more damage from the attack, but only 2 from the Meltdown.
12. Deals damage to adjacent monsters that come too close.
13. Thanks!
14. Thanks again.
15. I will change that.
16. This trait fits well for a enchanted bow, dont you think ?
17. I really appreciate your response and I hope to see more feedback from you in the future :)

Edited by Kauperwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wyatt606 said:

Runic Nature Belt - ...if you are attacked by...

Sands of Time - After you have performed the first action of your turn, you may suspend your turn. You may then resume your turn after another hero completes their turn.

Ring of Regeneration - missing a comma after 'turn'. Also, 'your last turn' refers to the hero's last turn, correct? Not the last round (including the overlord's actions)??

Forest Guardian - "...to inflict poison on the adjacent attacker."

Enchanted...is that really the name? Not Enchanted Bow?

Chains of Inevitable - "Choose 1 adjacent enemy. You and this enemy cannot move until either of you are knocked out or defeated."

Mirror Shield - because of the order of attacking, rolling dice, spending surges, applying conditions, this wording needs to be adjusted. Maybe "Any condition inflicted on you as the result of an attack is also inflicted on the attacking figure."

 

Is Sharktooth Arrows quite overpriced? Also, you can probably change the wording to "...rolled. This attack gains Pierce 1."

Is Peacekeeper overpriced?

 

 

1. Thanks
2. I took a description for this ability from the hero sheet so I dont think it needs changes.
3. Last round
4. Thanks
5. It is intended. Does it look too bad ?))
6. I will look into that.
7. Maybe just a little bit. Thanks
8. Terrified is one of the most annoying conditions from the base game. In my opinion Peacekeeper is not overpriced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to download your creations and review them.  The only way I have found to do so, however, is one at a time. 

Am I missing something obvious?  If there is no bulk download, can you make a zipped archive of all of them available, so downloading them would be easier?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Veteran’s Bow, I would take some inspiration from the Bounty Hunter’s Lie in Wait:

Action: Exhaust this card to end your turn.

When you refresh this card, perform one action. This is in addition to your 2 normal actions.

A possible alternate wording for the Ring Of Regeneration:

When you suffer damage from any source, exhaust this card.

Exhaust this card at the end of the overlord’s turn to recover 1 damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way I found to do so is through camera roll. I dont know if other people can use it...
You can select multiple pictures by clicking on them,even use Shift to select all of them, and then press download button which is displayed on the panel on the bottom of the page.
Maybe Its time to create a Dropbox account :D
I'll do this in the future. Maybe after 100 items.

8 hours ago, any2cards said:

I would like to download your creations and review them.  The only way I have found to do so, however, is one at a time. 

Am I missing something obvious?  If there is no bulk download, can you make a zipped archive of all of them available, so downloading them would be easier?  Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...