Djemai

Han Solo Rebel Pilot Ability

1 hour ago, meffo said:

...if his ability is not considered a modification, han could actually reroll his attack dice even while affected by blinded pilot

Well, he did take out Boba Fett while blind. Maybe the guy’s just that lucky!

42 minutes ago, KiAdiMoody said:

Well, he did take out Boba Fett while blind. Maybe the guy’s just that lucky!

I think that was less Han being awesome, and more Boba Fett being massively overrated. 

Not like I'm going to change anyone's mind, but the way I see it: 

Rebel Han's ability is this one ability in the game which can change the dice before any other effect in the game takes place. In the sense, that - from all other pieces of the game perspective, dice after Han's ability are just as fresh as if they were just rolled. He basically says - when conditions are met, if you're not satisfied with your roll, you can roll one more time before you're stuck with your results and modifications you've got prepared. 

Basically, you reroll die, but in a way that doesn't stop you from re-rolling them again with different modifications. You replace your 'initial 'roll with another 'initial roll'. 

The "omg, what is this wording?!" clause seems to be there to prevent him from creating a loop - his effect is the only one from the point of view of which these dice have just been modified - so he cannot modify them once again with the same effect, just with any other effects out there. 

This wording is confusing as ****, but I believe it's also the only one that's working. If it said "whenever you roll you can cancel all results and roll again" he would create an infinite loop leading to 100% perfect rolls, as he would trigger off of himself. So, whatever he does cannot be worded as "rolling again".

At the same time, whatever he's doing also isn't supposed to be treated by anything else in the game as re-rolling these dice, so it doesn't prevent them from being rerolled again with all other sources of reroll. Hence why it's "not a reroll" for anything but him.

So, what he's doing from his point of view is re-rolling. What he's doing from any other point of view - it is not. 

Han has his clever little tricks to put the odds in his favour - and he's so good at them no-one else even notices he pulls them off!

Inheritedly, I also support @The Penguin UK in his stance that this bypasses Midnight. I also believe it bypassed Blinded Pilot. 

In X-wing, modifying dice is not simply an (intuitive) act of changing what results are there on them. In X-wing, it is the act of applying one or more out of four precisely defined operations. Out of which, we're strictly asked by the card not to treat Han's trick as one it appears to be. 

It could've said "modify all of them following the rules of re-rolling dice" but that would create even stronger argument on whether or not it's a modification if it says "modify" right on the card. 

Just my... Well, three euros rather than cents, but there you go. 

On 2/6/2019 at 1:22 AM, ryfterek said:

Not like I'm going to change anyone's mind, but the way I see it: 

Rebel Han's ability is this one ability in the game which can change the dice before any other effect in the game takes place. In the sense, that - from all other pieces of the game perspective, dice after Han's ability are just as fresh as if they were just rolled. He basically says - when conditions are met, if you're not satisfied with your roll, you can roll one more time before you're stuck with your results and modifications you've got prepared. 

Basically, you reroll die, but in a way that doesn't stop you from re-rolling them again with different modifications. You replace your 'initial 'roll with another 'initial roll'. 

The "omg, what is this wording?!" clause seems to be there to prevent him from creating a loop - his effect is the only one from the point of view of which these dice have just been modified - so he cannot modify them once again with the same effect, just with any other effects out there. 

This wording is confusing as ****, but I believe it's also the only one that's working. If it said "whenever you roll you can cancel all results and roll again" he would create an infinite loop leading to 100% perfect rolls, as he would trigger off of himself. So, whatever he does cannot be worded as "rolling again".

At the same time, whatever he's doing also isn't supposed to be treated by anything else in the game as re-rolling these dice, so it doesn't prevent them from being rerolled again with all other sources of reroll. Hence why it's "not a reroll" for anything but him.

So, what he's doing from his point of view is re-rolling. What he's doing from any other point of view - it is not. 

Han has his clever little tricks to put the odds in his favour - and he's so good at them no-one else even notices he pulls them off!

Inheritedly, I also support @The Penguin UK in his stance that this bypasses Midnight. I also believe it bypassed Blinded Pilot. 

In X-wing, modifying dice is not simply an (intuitive) act of changing what results are there on them. In X-wing, it is the act of applying one or more out of four precisely defined operations. Out of which, we're strictly asked by the card not to treat Han's trick as one it appears to be. 

It could've said "modify all of them following the rules of re-rolling dice" but that would create even stronger argument on whether or not it's a modification if it says "modify" right on the card. 

Just my... Well, three euros rather than cents, but there you go. 

You helped me come to a conclusion. This was the best analysis of his ability. I thank you for your time in typing that whole thing out.