Sign in to follow this  
KaLeu

Canon ships from clone wars era

I found 7-8 ships per side that could be seen in the movies and the clone wars series that we might expect to show up in future waves.

Republic small:

V-Wing

BTL-B Y-Wing

Eta-2 Actis

N1 Naboo Starfighter

“Clone“ Z-95

Medium or large:

Theta-Class Shuttle / Nu-Class Attack shuttle (my guess is only one of them)

“Twilight“ G9 Rigger-Class Light Freighter (Anakin‘s space transport)

Separatist (small)

Droid Tri Fighter

Hyena Class Bomber

HMP Droid Gunship

Rogue-Starfighter (Magnaguard fighter)

Nantex-Class (Geonosian) Starfighter

Fan Blade Starfighter (Asajj Ventress‘ fighter)

Sheathipede Shuttle

I can‘t think of a medium or large ship for the separatists. That would only leave the Sheathipede as small crew carrier (and the Sith Infiltrator). Any ideas for another medium/large separatist ship?

Edited by KaLeu

They could give the CIS DeathWatch to allow for a large base (ghost size) troop carrier.

Is the solar sailer from Ep2 small base, or could it fit into medium?

Of course, the Firespray could make a comeback as a medium base for CIS as well. Pilots Jango & Aurra, maybe some others?

4 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

They could give the CIS DeathWatch to allow for a large base (ghost size) troop carrier.

Is the solar sailer from Ep2 small base, or could it fit into medium?

Of course, the Firespray could make a comeback as a medium base for CIS as well. Pilots Jango & Aurra, maybe some others?

I left the solar sailer out, can‘t see it as a combat ship. Don‘t see the LAAT here neither (Yes, i know many want a LAAT and it can fly in space, but i see it more as a future Legion vehicle than here)

Kom‘rk-class Transport might be a thing

4 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

The main part of the ship is just over 15m. Add in the sails + rigging and it is longer than a GR-75.

Also pretty sure it was unarmed so that doesn't really help its case either. 

4 hours ago, KaLeu said:

I left the solar sailer out, can‘t see it as a combat ship. Don‘t see the LAAT here neither (Yes, i know many want a LAAT and it can fly in space, but i see it more as a future Legion vehicle than here)

Kom‘rk-class Transport might be a thing

The LAAT/i I think works well enough and is as much, if not more, a combat ship than the U-Wing, they both served the same role of deploying troops into a hot zone. The LAAT/i just was better armed and able to hold more people at 30 a pop plus a speeder or AT-RT. Though, because of its size I doubt we will see it in Legion considering the new tank being added is like 9 meters long and the LAAT/i is a good 17 to 20+ feet long depending on the source. 

6 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Also pretty sure it was unarmed so that doesn't really help its case either

Didn't have any guns, but it did use its tractor array as a weapon.

On that note, the quad also wasn't armed...

Edited by Hiemfire

16 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Also pretty sure it was unarmed so that doesn't really help its case either. 

The LAAT/i I think works well enough and is as much, if not more, a combat ship than the U-Wing, they both served the same role of deploying troops into a hot zone. The LAAT/i just was better armed and able to hold more people at 30 a pop plus a speeder or AT-RT. Though, because of its size I doubt we will see it in Legion considering the new tank being added is like 9 meters long and the LAAT/i is a good 17 to 20+ feet long depending on the source. 

Can a laat work in space??

39 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Didn't have any guns, but it did use its tractor array as a weapon.

On that note, the quad also wasn't armed...

Fair

23 minutes ago, LTuser said:

Can a laat work in space??

They had to fly from their carrier ship to the planet's surface, so they had to be able to be vacuum sealed so they can fly in space. I wouldn't imagine they would be amazingly maneuverable in space but they do have a ton of weapons to make up for it. 

Is it a genuine possibility that the Kom'rk ship could show up as a CIS ship? I'm most interested in getting into CIS so if it were to show up there as opposed to scum I'd be elated. It's got to be one of the most aesthetic ships in star wars for me!

1 minute ago, Prosk_019 said:

Is it a genuine possibility that the Kom'rk ship could show up as a CIS ship? I'm most interested in getting into CIS so if it were to show up there as opposed to scum I'd be elated. It's got to be one of the most aesthetic ships in star wars for me!

I mean FFG can do what they want but it was never used for or by the CIS, just by the Mandalorians. It would make more sense for it to be used by Scum so you could fly it as part of a Mandalorian list with Fang Fighters or to fly it with Black Sun, Pike, etc... ships to theme a list to Maul's forces. 

There's a LAAT in the Treacherous card art. Which isn't to say it's a guarantee, but FFG (at least in Legion) seems to hint at future units with card art. And I think the LAAT is likley considering how iconic it is. The TIE striker is another example of a mostly atmosphere ship in space. 

I'm thinking large base crew carrier - 2 slots and a gunner? Maybe copy the BSF-17 and have front arc with rotating dual arc. Torpedo slot for sure, too.

Actually instead of coming with a bowtie, it would be cool to have a LAAT specific upgrade called "Clone Gunners" or something. It adds a bowtie arc weapon to simulate the two side gun pods. Then, if you want to run it less points, you don't take the Gunners and only have a front arc.

37 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

They had to fly from their carrier ship to the planet's surface, so they had to be able to be vacuum sealed so they can fly in space. I wouldn't imagine they would be amazingly maneuverable in space but they do have a ton of weapons to make up for it. 

This.

They are an aerospace vehicle, able to operate in space but meant for dirtside work.

I would have argued against seeing them in the game, but then the TIE Striker came along.

What would be cool is to see rules for "planetside fighting" now that we have seen TIEs and X-Wings duke it out in atmo in VII.  Hmm, as far as that goes, we have also see TIEs in atmosphere as far back as Cloud City.

If we see the LAAT, I want Cloud Cars!!

51 minutes ago, HanScottFirst said:

There's a LAAT in the Treacherous card art. Which isn't to say it's a guarantee, but FFG (at least in Legion) seems to hint at future units with card art. And I think the LAAT is likley considering how iconic it is. The TIE striker is another example of a mostly atmosphere ship in space. 

I'm thinking large base crew carrier - 2 slots and a gunner? Maybe copy the BSF-17 and have front arc with rotating dual arc. Torpedo slot for sure, too.

Actually instead of coming with a bowtie, it would be cool to have a LAAT specific upgrade called "Clone Gunners" or something. It adds a bowtie arc weapon to simulate the two side gun pods. Then, if you want to run it less points, you don't take the Gunners and only have a front arc.

It definitely would have a forward arc with its forward mounted laser cannons and wing top composite beam weapons, a missile slot since it had concussion missile launchers, and might possibly have a weak rear gun shot since it had one of those too. Considering it had ordnance strapped to its wings that could be dropped or fired it could likely gain a device or another missile slot too. 

As for its guns having them as an upgrade would make sense as they didn't always have them loaded on the craft, in fact most times in the Clone Wars show they lacked them. 

37 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

This.

They are an aerospace vehicle, able to operate in space but meant for dirtside work.

I would have argued against seeing them in the game, but then the TIE Striker came along.

What would be cool is to see rules for "planetside fighting" now that we have seen TIEs and X-Wings duke it out in atmo in VII.  Hmm, as far as that goes, we have also see TIEs in atmosphere as far back as Cloud City.

If we see the LAAT, I want Cloud Cars!!

I can see the LAAT/i being reasoned to that it is being attacked while in transit to drop off troops but the area is too hot to allow it to retreat so it has to join the fight and hope to break through once fighters have been cleared out a bit. The Cloud Cars on the otherhand are just straight Airspeeders, like the T-47. I wouldn't mind seeing either of them, but they are both very not space worthy or capable. 

Maybe FFG might announce a ground component that works with X-Wing, as it could allow for some Epic style material without having to build larger ship models and take the risk of them not selling well. 

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

The Kom'rk is also almost the size of a Gozanti...

I could see them downsizing it to Ghost size if they decided to add it, though at present I don't really think Scum needs anymore ships, let alone large ships. Sort of hoping that they get skipped next wave to try either release new stuff for the new four factions or use their slot(s) to help rerelease ships. 

2 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

I mean FFG can do what they want but it was never used for or by the CIS, just by the Mandalorians. It would make more sense for it to be used by Scum so you could fly it as part of a Mandalorian list with Fang Fighters or to fly it with Black Sun, Pike, etc... ships to theme a list to Maul's forces. 

FFG has already used the Kom‘rk as Gauntlet Fighter for the Imperials in Armada and i think scaling has never been a problem for them. Also Death Watch sided with Dooku in the Clone wars and they used the Kom‘rk, so why not claim it as Separatist ship?

Edited by KaLeu

26 minutes ago, KaLeu said:

FFG has already used the Kom‘rk as Gauntlet Fighter for the Imperials in Armada and i think scaling has never been a problem for them. Also Death Watch sided with Dooku in the Clone wars and they used the Kom‘rk, so why not claim it as Separatist ship?

Armada's scaling is a little more loose than X-Wing's.

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

Sort of hoping that they get skipped next wave to try either release new stuff for the new four factions or use their slot(s) to help rerelease ships. 

HWK-290 and Y-Wing still need their single ship expac releases for Scum. One of those would work for Scum wave 4 if anything.

32 minutes ago, KaLeu said:

Death Watch sided with Dooku for like one arc and without any direct help and then went their own way to go after the Jedi and reclaim Mandalore. 

3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Armada's scaling is a little more loose than X-Wing's.

HWK-290 and Y-Wing still need their single ship expac releases for Scum. One of those would work for Scum wave 4 if anything.

They do, and the HWK probably should get priority of the two just so Scum players could get the title without having to buy a separate conversion kit; however since the faction already has the most ship options off all the factions at the moment it would make sense to give someone else a release instead. Republic and CIS likely need 1 more ship minimum each to bump them up to 4 ships, the FO needs to get a 2.0 expansion for something other than the TIE/fo, and the Rebels will not have gotten a release since Wave 1 while Imps are getting one in Wave 3 and Scum has gotten at least 1 ship each wave. 

4 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Death Watch sided with Dooku for like one arc and without any direct help and then went their own way to go after the Jedi and reclaim Mandalore. 

Well, yes, you‘re right, but that in a way is even thematic to the Sith. Just use them and leave them. So with Dooku running the CIS, it works. And in game terms it would be a large, kind of familiar ship that gives 2 or even 3 crew options and ... i like the idea of a Kom‘rk the size of the Ghost!

14 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

They do, and the HWK probably should get priority of the two just so Scum players could get the title without having to buy a separate conversion kit; however since the faction already has the most ship options off all the factions at the moment it would make sense to give someone else a release instead. Republic and CIS likely need 1 more ship minimum each to bump them up to 4 ships, the FO needs to get a 2.0 expansion for something other than the TIE/fo, and the Rebels will not have gotten a release since Wave 1 while Imps are getting one in Wave 3 and Scum has gotten at least 1 ship each wave. 

Issue is that Scum and Rebs are buying up the current stock of Rebel Y-Wings. Most online vendors are sold out from what I've seen. FFG included. That might add weight to them releasing the Scum Y. Also lends the strong likely hood that Rebs won't have them allowed next Hyperspace rotation.

1 hour ago, KaLeu said:

Well, yes, you‘re right, but that in a way is even thematic to the Sith. Just use them and leave them. So with Dooku running the CIS, it works. And in game terms it would be a large, kind of familiar ship that gives 2 or even 3 crew options and ... i like the idea of a Kom‘rk the size of the Ghost!

I mean, I guess but it clearly a ship that isn't a formal part of the CIS. Of the two factions it could be added to Scum seems by far the stronger connection seeing how it was used throughout its history as a Mandalorian ship in Clone Wars and Rebels. I mean I can see them possibly giving it to the CIS if only due to the whole lacking a number of large ships but it would feel odd to put a ship iconic to Mandalorians in two different factions. 

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

Issue is that Scum and Rebs are buying up the current stock of Rebel Y-Wings. Most online vendors are sold out from what I've seen. FFG included. That might add weight to them releasing the Scum Y. Also lends the strong likely hood that Rebs won't have them allowed next Hyperspace rotation.

I think that lends some credence to people liking the new mold and the fact that Y-Wings are from my experience fairly decent in Hyperspace. Its just when Scum has 6 ships available to them, or soon to be available to them, as 2.0 only releases whereas the Rebels have 3, Imperials 4, with both of those having 1 of those ships as tail end 1st edition expansions, Resistance with 2, FO with 1, and Republic and CIS with 3 I don't really think they need another immediate release. 

If this past wave was any indication, with the extra cards in the conversion kits, it seems like the Resistance Bomber, and the Upsilon and Tie Silencer will be part of Wave 4, giving both ST era factions 3 2.0 ship expansions, leaving enough room for them to add 3-5 more expansions, with 3 being able to bring the PT factions and Rebels to 4 2.0 ship releases. 

While the Kom'rk being in the game would be cool, I don't think it will be a CIS ship. Empire no longer has bounty hunters as an option, so why should Seppies have Deathwatch in that same vein? Deathwatch only cares about seizing Mandolore and overthrowing Satine's rule. Vizla also attains a grudge against Kenobi AND Dooku if I remember right. If anything in my opinion the order of factions from most likely to least likely having the Kom'rk as an option is Scum, Empire, Rebels, and then barely CIS. Scum because of Maul and his criminal syndicate, Empire cause most of Mandolore being their lap dogs, Rebels because of Ezra obtaining Nightbrother and some mandolorians working with the rebellion. And then CIS cause Vizla and Dooku had a short agreement.

I think Dooku's ship has a good chance, likely a ship that could coordinate, be a crew carrier and tractor beam ships. And like people said the Quadjumper and the Escape Craft are in so being unarmed isn't really a factor. Besides the tractor beam i think it would mostly be competing with a CIS Sheathipede though. Maybe synergy with possible Geonosian starfighters?

The Laat is really well known and between the striker and space varients I can see it brought in. Would really be the Republic's U-wing in role,with more firepower potential.

Also I would like to point out an idea, a crazy one. AT-TEs...on rocks... what? They did it in one episode and I would love to do that...