Arkanta974

Power and Profit - Preview the Separatist Alliance Upgrade Cards

"The ship chosen by a pilot with the Treacherous upgrade gains a strain token," Looks like the writer is using direct translations of the French set. Strain = Stress.

Scratch that.... "while a strained ship defends, it rolls one fewer defense die" We now know what the new token is, the red one with the Agility symbol on it. CALLED IT!!!!

"During squad building, a player cannot field more than one solitary card of the same upgrade type." That's 2 checks. ( I was wrong on the gas clouds, they've got a nice effect though) :) 

😲 Holy Heck. Soulless One. 10 pts easy.

swz29_a2_soulless-one.png

Edited by Hiemfire

6 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

"The ship chosen by a pilot with the Treacherous upgrade gains a strain token," Looks like the writer is using direct translations of the French set. Strain = Stress.

Strain token is not a stress token. It seems like it is that new red token with red arrow. Gets removed after that ship defends or performs a blue maneuver. 

"The ship chosen by a pilot with the Treacherous upgrade gains a strain token, making it even more vulnerable to attack—while a strained ship defends, it rolls one fewer defense die. A strain token is removed after a strained ship defends, but it’s far better to remove the token by executing a blue maneuver before being targeted while at an extreme disadvantage."

1 minute ago, Hwarangdaem said:

Strain token is not a stress token. It seems like it is that new red token with red arrow. Gets removed after that ship defends or performs a blue maneuver. 

"The ship chosen by a pilot with the Treacherous upgrade gains a strain token, making it even more vulnerable to attack—while a strained ship defends, it rolls one fewer defense die. A strain token is removed after a strained ship defends, but it’s far better to remove the token by executing a blue maneuver before being targeted while at an extreme disadvantage."

Already caught my error and edited it. :) Thanks for the catch though. I'm liking the new tokens.

First, I like how the attacker in the TV-94 example could've just use the Calculate to convert the eye for the same result.

Second,  "Soulless One.  While this Title upgrade synergizes with General Grievous's ability particularly well" is a funny statement considering they have nothing to do with one another.

That said, I'm looking forward to this faction.

2 minutes ago, ObiWonka said:

First, I like how the attacker in the TV-94 example could've just use the Calculate to convert the eye for the same result.

Second,  "Soulless One.  While this Title upgrade synergizes with General Grievous's ability particularly well" is a funny statement considering they have nothing to do with one another.

That said, I'm looking forward to this faction.

The synergy is covering Grievous's butt while he's getting in position for another attack run. His ability procs when he backstabs someone and the title procs as he repositions for the next attack. The extra hull doesn't hurt in that regard either.

6 minutes ago, ObiWonka said:

True, though by adding another result, if the attacker has access to a second calculate, he can do both!

7 minutes ago, ObiWonka said:

They could have at least had the Vulture spend a second Calculate token, or just roll two hits naturally and spend the token to add a third.

8 minutes ago, ObiWonka said:

Usually, the response to arc-dodging ships is to spread your arcs, to ensure something gets to shoot at it.

Soulless One allows Grievous to arc dodge the ship he wants to shoot while also being more resilient to incoming fire from the rest of the list.

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

True, though by adding another result, if the attacker has access to a second calculate, he can do both!

1 minute ago, svelok said:

Usually, the response to arc-dodging ships is to spread your arcs, to ensure something gets to shoot at it.

Soulless One allows Grievous to arc dodge the ship he wants to shoot while also being more resilient to incoming fire from the rest of the list.

That's highly situational and not real synergy.

I'm most happy about the 'solitary' upgrades. That opens so much up!

They are basically the 'squad upgrades', and can now be in any slot.

Eg, make an 'Xwing only, Solitary' upgrade for the configuration, mod or torpedo slot that gives benefits to friendlies at range 0-3. Friendlies can be speficies to 'T65-Xwing' if wanted.

We finally have the technology!

Gas clouds don't stop you shooting like debris do we think?

Seems like them giving a strain token would be a good differentiation. Man, the 2-3 Supernatural Jedi I plan on flying almost exclusively once wave III drops will love these things, focus/evade/cloud seems tanky as heck.

4 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

Gas clouds don't stop you shooting like debris do we think?

Seems like them giving a strain token would be a good differentiation. Man, the 2-3 Supernatural Jedi I plan on flying almost exclusively once wave III drops will love these things, focus/evade/cloud seems tanky as heck.

We don't have any info either way about what happens when you fly through them.  Take that as an implication that they do nothing, or don't.  It's not clear yet.

The gas clouds offer up lots of defensive bonuses, but I think that taking a damage in one should be bad...like explosively bad. Otherwise, it's actually better to just LIVE in the cloud. You get a strain token (that goes away after you defend), but the attacks against you are obstructed, so that cancels out the strain token. To tip the scale in favor of being in the cloud, you get Concord Dawn while you are in the thing. There has to be a negative concequence to being in the cloud; more than just getting a strain.