thespaceinvader

Power and Profit

And more information about the new obstacle :

The V-19 Torrent's attack is obstructed by a gas cloud, so the Feethan Ottraw Autopilot rolls an additional defense die and changes a blank result to an evade!

No plans to buy any of the Clone Wars stuff.  Trying to decide if I'll need to track down Gas Clouds.

Who benefits the most from Gas Clouds?  Don't have to worry about Vultures or Mining Guild TIEs so much.  Curious what (if any) the penalty is for flying through them.

Whelp, here's hoping enough players buy multiple squadron packs to make the gas clouds cheap.  Or maybe a Rebel squadron pack will drop in the next wave?

27 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Whelp, here's hoping enough players buy multiple squadron packs to make the gas clouds cheap.  Or maybe a Rebel squadron pack will drop in the next wave?

The clouds are the same between SoS and GotR, right? I want at least two of each squadron pack eventually, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Feel free to PM me your address when they come out 😂 (No promises but I mean realistically I have no use for extras)

55 minutes ago, SoontirFel said:

Elaborate, Why's it not stable? 

Well for starters they've invented a new format just so we can't use most of our collection.  The sad thing is people are celebrating this decision because of balance issues.  So admittedly they can't get balance right with just three factions, but now we should be happy that they just added four more?!? 

4 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Well for starters they've invented a new format just so we can't use most of our collection.  The sad thing is people are celebrating this decision because of balance issues.  So admittedly they can't get balance right with just three factions, but now we should be happy that they just added four more?!? 

Still doesn't explain why second edition isn't stable - your post smacks of butt-hurt, but I'm not sure why... 

Is someone MAKING you play the new format, against your will? If so, I'm sorry, that sounds like some kind of kidnap situation... Have you tried calling 999?🤔

Otherwise, i don't see the issue - a rotating, restricted format will keep competition and the 'meta' fresh... The same as it does in games such as Magic... Or how rotation of maps keeps games fresh in imp assault.

You don't have to play that way though - ffg helpfully released specific upgrade packs with the express purpose of keeping your entirely collection playable (yay! Cue happy Ewoks and celebratory trumpets) so you can fly casual or attend events that allow extended and really enjoy your old favourites. 

That's the good thing about miniatures games - you can play how you like, with who you like... Just like i choose not to play salty blow hards who get upset over rules for imaginary space dog fighting... You can choose not to use any restricted format FFG choose to put out. 😊

25 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

I get that you don't like the direction 2.0 is going, but not liking something isn't the same as it being unstable.

13 minutes ago, SoontirFel said:

Have you tried calling 999?🤔

Do you know for sure that's Emergency Services in whatever country he's being held in?

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

Do you know for sure that's Emergency Services in whatever country he's being held in?

You can phone 999 in most countries and get emergency services... The same as 911 here calls emergency services... Beyond the point though, the poor fella obviously needs help... Maybe a long soak in the tub? Soaking in water helps get the salt out of pork soooo... 🤷

Your condescending and insulting attitude really isn't necessary. You're free to disagree with me if you like, but lets try and be civil about it.

I was super excited about the announcement and release of 2.0, but everything they've done post launch has been disappointing.  Splitting off the two sequel factions was "meh", but adding two brand new factions before all the existing content has been re-released does not give me hope for the faction that I want to play.  At best all I can hope for is a slow drip feed of re-releases that hopefully bring some new content and allow those ships in official events.  Otherwise, the game has just stalled out for me.

4 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Your condescending and insulting attitude really isn't necessary. You're free to disagree with me if you like, but lets try and be civil about it.

I was super excited about the announcement and release of 2.0, but everything they've done post launch has been disappointing.  Splitting off the two sequel factions was "meh", but adding two brand new factions before all the existing content has been re-released does not give me hope for the faction that I want to play.  At best all I can hope for is a slow drip feed of re-releases that hopefully bring some new content and allow those ships in official events.  Otherwise, the game has just stalled out for me.

All existing content being rereleased is likely to take years, since FFG also needs to make new stuff for legacy players to buy. That’s just good business!

8 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

The reflex "prequels suck" reaction is a bit old. You don't have to let go of your hatred. Just quell the reflex to speak it aloud every time prequels stuff comes up. Eventually you were made to call out the game problem you had with it but you just started out as yet another repetition of "Prequels suck." We knew that. Tell us something new. Give us a criticism other than "it isn't what I want because I hate the prequels."

And please note that you're condemning new content ("Prequels garbage") while at the same time asking for new (but really not-new) content (re-releases.) 

29 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

Splitting off the two sequel factions was "meh"...

See, I really like that the Resistance and First Order now have their own, unique identities.  I like that we"re no longer going to see Kylo flying with Vader, or Poe with Biggs.

And I'm certain the re-releases will turn up a lot sooner than most expect.

1 hour ago, HolySorcerer said:

Splitting off the two sequel factions was "meh", but adding two brand new factions before all the existing content has been re-released does not give me hope for the faction that I want to play.

And yet those decisions have been very popular overall. So YOU may not like where 2.0 is and is heading, but that is very VERY different from the game not being "stable" which is what you initially said that started this side discussion.

2 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

See, I really like that the Resistance and First Order now have their own, unique identities.  I like that we"re no longer going to see Kylo flying with Vader, or Poe with Biggs.

And I'm certain the re-releases will turn up a lot sooner than most expect.

Thematically it makes sense, yes.  For fun imperial list building it hurts though.

1 hour ago, Forgottenlore said:

And yet those decisions have been very popular overall. So YOU may not like where 2.0 is and is heading, but that is very VERY different from the game not being "stable" which is what you initially said that started this side discussion.

Again, they've created a new official format that bans most of my collection because of balance issues.  The game should be in a balanced and stable state before introducing brand new factions.

Regardless, I'm done.  I derailed the thread with my distaste for the new factions, and I'd rather talk about things that I like than things that I don't.

Edited by HolySorcerer

17 hours ago, PanchoX1 said:

I strongly dislike the prequels too (hate is a bit to strong a word) but I'd be lying if the new game mechanics these ships are bringing don't look fun and interesting. I told myself I wouldn't get into these factions but now I'm considering........

I mean they are separate things.

You can dislike the movies, but love the ships. I have… opinions… on the prequels too, but love the aesthetics of many of the new ships. No matter how you slice it, I am looking forward to seeing the N-1 and Aethersprite on the table.

The design and gameplay systems are distinct from the movies. It can enhance, certainly, but distinct still. And the system design I’ve seen so far is interesting.