Velvetelvis

The obscure ships that wont ever see a re-release

51 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Not having canon pilots didn't stop any of the named pilots in the Z, the Striker, the /SF, the /FO, or most of the conversion kits.

There's plenty of material for basically every ship if they're able to delve into legends, which it seems likely that they are (e.g. Mara Jade flew a Z a bunch), but they didn't, which speaks volumes to me.  I may be hearing too much, IYSWIM, but... this is a suspicion, not a fact.

Yeah, but that decision was kind of already made. They could have put Mara in a Z back when Most Wanted was released, but they didn’t.

But yeah. We’re theorizing with the few facts we do have. In some ways, I hope we are both wrong and we’ll get more Legends characters in future rereleases. 

9 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

I'd honestly be surprised if we see anything that's exclusively Legends content again - unless it gets re-canonised in one of the new shows and (if they can see past Solo) movies, I doubt FFG will have time for it, with two entirely new factions to fill out.

Of the ships from legends, i wouldn't mind seeing canonized, is the Longprobe version of the Y-wing.  Either that, or the Missle boat.

2 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

I find myself saying this a lot but here it is again. The game is in it's early stages. Threads like this give me the idea that a lot of us expect all of 1st eds content back in just a couple waves. That simply can't happen, there is simply too much content in this game for that unless FFG goes into overdrive this year to crank out more and larger waves of expansions.

Pushing out too much too fast might also be financially unsound. People spend only so much money per month on gaming stuff, that amount is not infinite. 

That said, I have no idea what will be rereleased when. There is one ship though, which might actually be endangered, and that's the Rebel Arc170. Which would be a pity cause I love flying my repainted Rebel dragonflies.

32 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

Pushing out too much too fast might also be financially unsound. People spend only so much money per month on gaming stuff, that amount is not infinite. 

This is an excellent point to bring up here. Cost is why a lot of us stick to just one or two factions. The rate stuff has been coming for 2nd ed has been working really well for my budget. Things do seem to be coming quicker than in 1st ed, but not to a degree where I'm having to say no to buying certain ships due to budgetary reasons. If things were to come faster, I'd probably have to drop one of the factions I follow, or simply get comfortable with not having all of their ships available to me.

Personally I don't want to get to a point where I'm dropping $150+ on plastic and cardboard every month. Once in three months is fine by me.

3 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

...and yet carries infinitely more credibility than the uninformed musings of some random jamoke on the internet.

From the horse's mouth and all that.

...Ghost to be phased out.  *Snort*.

The last thing I want is 'credibility'!

20 hours ago, Velvetelvis said:

There will be fresh canon ships as the year rolls on and theres plenty of backlog of old canon ships that will be redone in a black box.

But do we really expect to see the obscure and wierd EU stuff we used to have ever see the shelf again. 

And...is that really a bad thing or a good thing?

What I mean is,let's take an example the tie aggressor. There are enough things more appropriate like interceptors and bombers and lambda ,taps,defenders to be done after the striker comes back.

That's a lot of waves to buffer before newer Disney material like that wierd tie tumor from solo movie and any imperial things from new tv shows and movies to do before some bizarre EU aggressor ever gets looked at again.

So , I think the aggressor will never be blacked.

Same for things like the E wing, scyk, gunboats,starvipers.

What say YOU?

I think you're full of it. Especially with the TIE Aggressor.

It's a turreted Imperial small base ship with the ability to take barrage rockets and it isn't hurting for movement options either. It's unique.

5 hours ago, Hippie Moosen said:

This is an excellent point to bring up here. Cost is why a lot of us stick to just one or two factions. The rate stuff has been coming for 2nd ed has been working really well for my budget. Things do seem to be coming quicker than in 1st ed, but not to a degree where I'm having to say no to buying certain ships due to budgetary reasons. If things were to come faster, I'd probably have to drop one of the factions I follow, or simply get comfortable with not having all of their ships available to me.

Personally I don't want to get to a point where I'm dropping $150+ on plastic and cardboard every month. Once in three months is fine by me.

Yeah, so far my budget has been conversion kits, a core, and the new scum stuff.

I did that because I had fairly complete 1.0 collections. That said, I cannot and will not keep up with all 4 factions I own on new releases. I’ll probably keep up with scum. I can’t decide on prequel factions, but if there’s going to be new content for the other factions it’s unlikely. If it’s just conversion kit repacks like the wave 3 ships, then I may consider picking one up.

I expect them all to return. FFG is sitting on top of the most successful miniatures game around, and they've already invested in the model sculpts during each ships initial wave PLUS committed time and money to their rebalancing in the 2.0 refresh. It seems logical for them to keep all of their investments lucrative by continuing to manufacture and sell every ship they've already made.

Edited by Arttemis

Just few question. Why all you call the company with the old name when it is a lot of time that it is Asmodee North America? And second, do you really believe they would pay as they did, do, and will do, to let unused part of Ip Franchise they acquired? The real thing is that star wars (and other sci fi franchises) are now suffering on toys and videogame derivative products and there is a bit of chaos. Star Wars need a long period of calm and peace with his own fanbase to induce it to buy again stuff with the brand on. And one way is to respect the "nostalgy effect". To give you an example Bandai improved gunpla sellings with the Gundam Origin series a lot. And this is just one way to demonstrate that a wise corporate will have to not compromise his costumers base. And over Asmodee there is Lucasfilms which is going to be very serious on this aspect.