Pooleman

Unsung Heros.

36 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Which is why I liked the idea of them giving you a male and female model, it would help make it standout. And no doubt it will be. 

Yeah, I do sort of wish they gave us two version of the generic commander (a male and female option) so you could be able to use both options with just one set.

But like TauntaunScout stated, I can see people just proxying other minis in for either role.

45 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

and of course the imperial ones will be more expensive then the rebel ones, so why not leak them too.

There’s still the last face down upgrade card. Between that, the point cost of the figs and the Command cards, that’s enough to warrant another article I think. 

1 hour ago, Soulfly626 said:

How many is everyone buying?

Just one Imperial upfront. When I get around to building a rebel force one of those too.

Not sold on more just yet without testing things out. Cool options but not sure how they’ll play out as multiples.

1 hour ago, thepopemobile100 said:

It's really tempting, but I need to save my limited fun funds for when the CIS drops

GenCon early release most likely. 

Saw someone on a YouTube video review bring up an interesting point about Covering Fire.  If you are running an Han/Chewie list and keeping them together, if a Corps unit fires near either of them during the round Covering Fire is played, not only can you give a Dodge token to one of the two, but the other will also get a Dodge token due to Teamwork.  So, this card can be even more valuable on a Han/Chewie list.  The only problem I see is that would mean you would have to give up either Han or Chewie's 3-pip card and that is something of a hard sell as both of those are really good.

10 minutes ago, Thevshi said:

Saw someone on a YouTube video review bring up an interesting point about Covering Fire.  If you are running an Han/Chewie list and keeping them together, if a Corps unit fires near either of them during the round Covering Fire is played, not only can you give a Dodge token to one of the two, but the other will also get a Dodge token due to Teamwork.  So, this card can be even more valuable on a Han/Chewie list.  The only problem I see is that would mean you would have to give up either Han or Chewie's 3-pip card and that is something of a hard sell as both of those are really good.

The other side of this is that if you are running Han & Chewie and you DON'T take their 3-pips then your opponent may be expecting you to play something you don't have. I'm really interested in how these new generic command cards will change the gameplay more than the actual minis.

3 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

The other side of this is that if you are running Han & Chewie and you DON'T take their 3-pips then your opponent may be expecting you to play something you don't have. I'm really interested in how these new generic command cards will change the gameplay more than the actual minis.

Very good point, it does add more options to the mix that makes anticipating your opponents' strategies more challenging (or having your strategy guessed by your opponent).  I like it!

Edited by Thevshi

13 minutes ago, Thevshi said:

yeah i think that is a on purpose choice to make the card for han chewie build a interesting choice. either throw away your card to make a opponent choose another (which can be both good and bad) and return a card from the graveyard that is han command card or you can get a free dodge to both of them.

3 minutes ago, Thevshi said:

Very good point, it does add more options to the mix that makes anticipating your opponents' strategies more challenging (or having your strategy guessed by your opponent).  I like it!

Although, with some more thought, take a Comms Tech with the Comms Relay in three Trooper Squads, play Covering Fire, and pass those order tokens to some Commandos or something else...then hand out Dodge tokens when those Corps units activate.  Hmm....

1 minute ago, NeonWolf said:

Although, with some more thought, take a Comms Tech with the Comms Relay in three Trooper Squads, play Covering Fire, and pass those order tokens to some Commandos or something else...then hand out Dodge tokens when those Corps units activate.  Hmm....

Yeah, I had thought about this as well (I think I mentioned it in an earlier post).  It certainly adds another possible reason to use the Comms Tech/Comms Relay, but would require positioning forces correctly. 

Lots of new options and strategies are part of this expansion!

1 minute ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

people who run alot of support/heavy rebel armies will love the 2 pip card that is insane. wonder if its only those in range or every unit on the field.

Well, clearly the units that can receive the orders have to be within normal command range (barring long range comms), but as written, the benefit from the card applies to ANY support or heavy you have and says nothing about them having to be within command range.  (obviously the Inspire the gain can still only be used on friendly units that are within the normal range of that ability)

3 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Just one Imperial upfront. When I get around to building a rebel force one of those too.

Not sold on more just yet without testing things out. Cool options but not sure how they’ll play out as multiples.

I’ll be getting 2 Rebels right away. I don’t play imps and I’m virtually caught up on my painting. 

3 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

I just bought my first core and I think buying more than two of each is folly. Then again, I'm just getting in now to prepare for battledroids.

5 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Everybody keeps saying this regarding CIS and Republic, but I'm thinking GenCon announcement, minis end up in the case to be "ooo-ed" and "aaahhh-ed" at, and we find out what quarter of what year they are supposed to come out.  

Granted, I could very easily be wrong, but that is my guess.

Edited by Audio Weasel

7 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

It will get confusing to field the same exact model with almost totally different rules. This may wind up being the most proxied/converted miniature in the game so far!

Oh, almost certainly.  I've already been eyeballing several Imperial officer minis to replace the one in the pack.  Better than using a spare Veers as my generic officer. 

7 hours ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

2 for now but people have bought 6 of each side which is insane lol.

2 is all I'm buying. that has been my magic number pretty much for all the expansions.

thanks bud!

Soooooo you cant heal your own unit??? As in, if my Trooper squad has a medic in it and that unit goes down a trooper, cant heal 'em...

"Ahhh!!! Curses, I've been shot! 2-1B 'ol bean, mind giving us a hand?"

"Sorry sir, I have only been programmed to help anyone...but my own team."

"Oh dear, that is quite bothersome. *crackles the comms* Oh Squad 2, could you be a good chap and send us over your medic, things do seem a bit grim 'round here."

"Dont you have your own medic?"

"Yes, but the darn robot is not allowed to heal it own unit, for some bloody reason. Blasted HQ put us in a sticky wicket here again!"

"Oh bother..."

"Oh bother indeed... "

1 hour ago, JediPartisan said:

So if you use a medical droid to bring back another medical droid, does the brought back medical droid have full points for healing again even if they were used before it died?

Wound tokens on cards are not considered to be on units
and do not count toward a unit’s wound threshold, nor can
they be removed by abilities that remove wound tokens
from units
short answer no you can't.

2 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

So if you use a medical droid to bring back another medical droid, does the brought back medical droid have full points for healing again even if they were used before it died?

Pretty sure you'd need a repair droid for that. 21B can inject all the painkilers and wrap all the bandages he wants on another droid and it won't help.

3 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Pretty sure you'd need a repair droid for that. 21B can inject all the painkilers and wrap all the bandages he wants on another droid and it won't help.

Intuitively you would be correct.

However, this is not an RPG, and this is one of the cases where the rules are simplified for ease of play at the expense of realism.

The treat keyword currently doesn't distinguish droid troopers from humans or wookies. 

The repair keyword only works on vehicles.

Neither can be used on e.g. 1.4FD, despite the logic of the medical droid treating the crew and the astrometry repairing the turret. 

Edited by aniron

When the imperial tank arrived I thought my troopers' ion launchers might finally be worth taking with a greater number of opponents fielding armour.  Then I realised that anyone with a tank or AT-ST is likely going to have a repair droid or two around to un-ionise expensive vehicles.  

Still, more points for officers and comms relays I guess.