Sign in to follow this  
Vergilius

A few thoughts on Balance

Not to degenerate into a suggestions thread, but if the thresher got a nerf, I would say simply change the wording to make it spend a panic token to reroll.  This eliminates accurate damage rolls with high morale tests following.  Also stays away from point or hp changes then.

45 minutes ago, Jukey said:

Not to degenerate into a suggestions thread, but if the thresher got a nerf, I would say simply change the wording to make it spend a panic token to reroll.  This eliminates accurate damage rolls with high morale tests following.  Also stays away from point or hp changes then.

That's quite clever!

In my mind, daqan, waiqar, and latari are pretty close in overall strength, with uthuk leading by a decent chunk. Waiqar has rough internal balance issues, but the rest are mostly alright. I'm working on a playtest package, might be too ambitious, but it's mostly fairly gentle. 

On 1/21/2019 at 4:14 AM, Jukey said:

Added this to the collection thread:

gvoRddc.jpg

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/289232-community-errata-restructured-jan-17th/

Edited by Maktorius

6 hours ago, rebellightworks said:

Language on that ability would be better as:

Melee Attack: Expend a Panic Token on the Defender to reroll a single die. Limit once per attack.

Updated the card text on the post above. Thanks for helping (I'm not a native English speaker, obviously ;)

12 minutes ago, sarumanthewhite said:

I like that suggestion although, I still think that Threshers need a bit more nerfing- perhaps with a foam bat instead of a club... 😀

I’m guessing they will need a little more as well, but we start light and work up. 

Exactly.  As I think I mentioned under another thread.  In the end, we want whatever modifications we come up with to be widely accepted and therefore more lasting.  To me, the best way to get there is with one or two incremental moodifications...