Sign in to follow this  
NeonWolf

Hyperspace Trials

10 minutes ago, Koing907 said:

So there's a Hyperspace in Portland and Vancouver, WA?

*Edit* WA, but they're right next to each other.

There are two in Austin, TX also

32 minutes ago, Koing907 said:

May 4, 2019     Dice Age Games     Vancouver     Washington

Woot! Dice Age is my hometown FLGS!

...wait a sec, we were pretty crowded with the CAC which was around 30-40 people iirc, and there is going to be a regional size tournament? If you all show up, you better be showered and deodorized, cause we're going to be pretty friendly in there unless they do some expanding between now and May.

and yeah, that is odd, considering we are basically just a suburb of Portland that sits across a river. I'm not complaining though, should be good for the store.

11 minutes ago, kris40k said:

May 4, 2019     Dice Age Games     Vancouver     Washington

Woot! Dice Age is my hometown FLGS!

...wait a sec, we were pretty crowded with the CAC which was around 30-40 people iirc, and there is going to be a regional size tournament? If you all show up, you better be showered and deodorized, cause we're going to be pretty friendly in there unless they do some expanding between now and May.

and yeah, that is odd, considering we are basically just a suburb of Portland that sits across a river. I'm not complaining though, should be good for the store.

I'm in Portland and normally play at PGS so I'll be going to both! I'll put on extra Axe spray LOL

1 hour ago, Koing907 said:

Hyperspace appears to be a store champ/regional hybrid

I believe any store that pre-ordered a certain amount product, meet certain requirements (e.g. capacity), and filed the application in time got one.

Edited by prauxim

15 minutes ago, heckathornjeff said:

Does anyone know if this is the whole list for the first season of Hyperspace trials?  Will any more venues get added?

My understanding from coordinating with my FLGS owner was that dates for the Trials had to be requested by January 14th in order for a store to receive the Hyperspace Trial kit. Those stores also had to apply to host a Hyperspace Trial prior to this so I doubt that any will be added for Season 1. That's not definitive as I don't work for FFG OP.

1 hour ago, heckathornjeff said:

Does anyone know if this is the whole list for the first season of Hyperspace trials?  Will any more venues get added?

Ya, there will be a second round of them in the fall. 

The store hosting a Hyperspace Trial here has a history of low-level hostility towards minis games, and, if they carry X-Wing at all, only started after Second Edition launched. This is darned curious.

4 minutes ago, tracker7 said:

The store hosting a Hyperspace Trial here has a history of low-level hostility towards minis games, and, if they carry X-Wing at all, only started after Second Edition launched. This is darned curious.

I know which store you mean. 

Agreed.

2 hours ago, heckathornjeff said:

The article does say,

This site will be updated at intervals through the beginning of March.

But that doesn't necessarily mean there will be more.

I've got two in close proximity and I am very excited about it.  Never been to an X-Wing tourney, so may as well start with these!

Who knows, may even win a match...