PhantomFO

What ships should see changes to their upgrade bars?

1 minute ago, player3010587 said:

It would make sense, as that is in the same time period as the sequels, even though it is Legends. But unfortunately, I think FFG wants to define tech as the slot that goes on ships specific to the sequels. Pattern Analyzer would be so good on Corran, freeing up his Advanced Sensors slot. But then how does it interact with Elusive?

E-Wing as a ship is canon now. What the canon version is capable of is completely unknown though since it's only popped up in one cell of the Poe Dameron comic series in a bank vault as part of a private collection.

1 hour ago, player3010587 said:

It would make sense, as that is in the same time period as the sequels, even though it is Legends. But unfortunately, I think FFG wants to define tech as the slot that goes on ships specific to the sequels. Pattern Analyzer would be so good on Corran, freeing up his Advanced Sensors slot. But then how does it interact with Elusive?

Pattern works with elusive.

i was more thinking targeting synchronizer 😛 

but yeah im probably dreaming. 

10 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Understandable, and I agree that changing slots should be much rarer than changing points.  I do think, however, that the TIE Phantom would be a good one to change, simply because Phantoms themselves aren't undercosted much, nor are the Imperial crew upgrades, but some of them are simply too good when put on a very nimble, hard-to-hit craft.  Furthermore, Phantoms are still good without crew, and crew like Vader and Sloane are still good on Lambdas or Reapers, so why not mod one Phantom slot?

After reading your comment, than reading through Wookieepedia about phantoms. I came across this picture of the inside of a phantom. The cockpit is tiny, only built for a pilot and primary gunner/co-pilot.

Now I can’t get the image of whisper and Vader shoulder to shoulder, cramped up into this awkward little space, while whisper is freaking out trying not to make a mistake or let Vader down by not lining up his shots effectively. :P

Plus this just reinforces to me that the phantom should have a gunner slot for thematic reasons at least.

0EFCF6E4-4789-4DFA-9C94-F6B38D54B387.png

6 hours ago, Sir13scott said:

Pattern works with elusive.

i was more thinking targeting synchronizer 😛 

but yeah im probably dreaming. 

Along PA and elusive, I should have specified that my confusion was with chopper's action. Does he eat charge and then have the red recharge, or does the red recharge and then he eats the charge?

8 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Along PA and elusive, I should have specified that my confusion was with chopper's action. Does he eat charge and then have the red recharge, or does the red recharge and then he eats the charge?

Chopper eats the charge then the fully completed red maneuver causes Elusive to recharge. Pattern Analyzer's action triggers before the Check Stress step of Executing a maneuver. Elusive recharges after fully completing a red maneuver (so after the Check Stress step is completed). Maneuver is on Rules Reference page 13, top left entry if you want to confirm.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:27 PM, Wiredin said:

change Tie/Ph crew slot to a gunner slot.

add talent slot to RZ1 A-wings 

remove system slot from Tie/Pn

This.

Also:

Add a gunner slot to the toilet seat.

Tech slot or second talent to E-Wing.

System slot to TIE/ag.

A configuration for M3A.

A configuration for YV-666.

I was just thinking how they might give some of the Jedi pilots both a talent and a force slot because it would suck if all of them only had force slots, and they should especially do that for Anakin, so why not do it for Vader too? 

3 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

I was just thinking how they might give some of the Jedi pilots both a talent and a force slot because it would suck if all of them only had force slots, and they should especially do that for Anakin, so why not do it for Vader too? 

🤨 Someone is forgetting Force Slot + Pilot ability (on the non-generics)…

It might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the Tie Bomber should loose it's 2nd missile slot, and the Tie Aggressor should be priced down to bomber levels.   This will do a few things:

1. It'll more differentiate the bomber from the Punisher
2. It will give the Tie Aggressor a good role it can fill, in being the only cheap Barrage rocket carrier now
3. It will also make barrage rocket swarms a little less tanky, as it removes 1 hull per ship, thus nerfing that arch-type slightly.
4. It will also push the bomber closer to actually being a bomber again, as it takes away some of its ordinance capability, so making bombs a more attractive upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Mediocrevan said:

It might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the Tie Bomber should loose it's 2nd missile slot, and the Tie Aggressor should be priced down to bomber levels.   This will do a few things:

2. It will give the Tie Aggressor a good role it can fill, in being the only cheap Barrage rocket carrier now
3. It will also make barrage rocket swarms a little less tanky, as it removes 1 hull per ship, thus nerfing that arch-type slightly.
4. It will also push the bomber closer to actually being a bomber again, as it takes away some of its ordinance capability, so making bombs a more attractive upgrade. 

These aren't bad, especially since the Aggressor is so close to the Bomber (and Punisher too for that matter) but is galaxies away from them both in popularity and efficiency right now.

As unfounded as it is, my fear is the FFG is going to mostly ignore Extended format problems with regard to point and slot adjustments. They could easily not make any changes if their long term plan is to phase it out in favor of Hyperspace formats.

Competitive players will scratch their itch in Hyperspace despite grumbling, and casuals can continue to fly any of their ships because they do it chiefly for the fun of it.

Personally I feel I fall somewhere in between. I follow high level events and compete at the local level (not that I'm any good...). I will play Hyperspace events but would prefer to have more support for Extended from FFG. I want to fly any combination of ships in my collection in competitive formats if I could; my E-wings, TIE Defenders and Kihraxs' need to spread their wings and strut their stuff, you know?

In roughly ten days we'll have as clearer picture of FFG's larger plan when they release the points adjustments. Keep your fingers crossed that it all goes well.

6 hours ago, Mediocrevan said:

I.... think this is a... great.... idea?

I possibly love it....

4 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

changes if their long term plan is to phase it out in favor of Hyperspace formats.

They keep saying rather explicitly that they intend to keep running a variety, format-wise. I understand that nobody trusts them, but.