PhantomFO

What ships should see changes to their upgrade bars?

8 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

No one remembers the Auzituk.

Not true, I’ve played it plenty.

8 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Can we get something to help this ship? Trade it for crew. Rebels has enough crew carriers as it is, one less crew member shouldn't hurt it. I would say Gunner, but they all seem to require a mobile arc or auxiliary arc.

If anything, it needs a decent generic crew option, not a  different slot.

4 hours ago, Duskwalker said:

Tha Auzituk was a all about reinforce, so what it needs is offensive dice modes while still being able to use it's signature ability. But all rebel options (Saw and Magva) are hopelessly overcosted, so bringing back Wookiee Comandos (possibly as a two-slot-gunner?) could help a lot.  

Saw and Magva are powerful. I find them to be priced fairly accurately.

Auzitucks aren’t great, mostly due to the Reinforce nerf, but they’re not bad. Just a couple points cheaper here or there would help them fine, or some more good crew options.

I'd take the gunner slot off the Tie Bombers, if only for thematic purposes. I know its there for them to potentially take Bombardier, but its never really used and a Tie Bomber is a 1 crew member ship. I don't think anybody would miss it.

4 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

I'd take the gunner slot off the Tie Bombers, if only for thematic purposes. I know its there for them to potentially take Bombardier, but its never really used and a Tie Bomber is a 1 crew member ship. I don't think anybody would miss it.

If nobody would miss it, I doubt they’ll touch it.

18 hours ago, Sir13scott said:

Tech to E-wings would be cool but I’m probably dreaming

I've been saying this for almost all of second edition. It's actually what I was going to pay here. I suspected it would be them demonstrating in a way why they went this route with the upgrades/app/points concept. To show that they can retroactively add slots to ships for updates that didn't exist when they were made. It would also be convenient if the point cost dropped to something reasonable at the same time like TaDa! Look at this awesome ship that you can play with that was priced to oblivion so you wouldn't get used to it before it got to it's final form, that we knew all along but didn't tell you!

I like the idea of changing the TIE/pH crew to a gunner, or just dropping it lol. I like the idea of a second talent in rebel Awing. I like the idea of changing a YV666 slot to a Gunner. I'm intrigued by the others. As much as I think the Punisher needs to take a hit, I don't know about kicking its System off, but I'd take it. 

Also, show me on the Y-wing where the Sith Lord touched you.

15 hours ago, Managarmr said:

Overcosted as they are, would people really sink more points into them?

they will most likely drop in points. Overall probably only 2 point drop max because, L'ulo aside, the pilot abilities of Jake and Arvel are arguably better than the RZ2 pilots. Jake's ability is really ****in good if you use it to max effect. 

I wish they would do dual slots (like hardpoints) as a regular thing instead of a ship ability. Then instead of trading a crew for a gunner, the Hound’s Tooth could get one slot of either gunner or crew, your choice.

1 hour ago, gamblertuba said:

What symbols?  Upgrade slots were intentionally left off the cards to allow exactly these sorts of changes.  Best example would be to remove the sensor slot from the Punisher.  That does a lot to rein in some of the bonkers combos without touching points.

You know what I mean, game semantics and all...... geezers. Let me be more clear: I say leave the ship/card (literal or digital) options the same, play slightly with the points and see where that lands the meta. Besides, to your real point I see, how have Punishers hurt you so badly? They are actually punishing now sure (well, really only one pilot is), but he doesn't last, he's actually quite predictable and squishy. Can't you out fly him and take him out on average? On another related current forum whiner note, what's the point of a Punisher chassis if it cannot take a systems mod? Wouldn't that be a bit silly in lore and game-play? What's the thing for? Just sayin'.

13 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

You know what I mean, game semantics and all...... geezers. Let me be more clear: I say leave the ship/card (literal or digital) options the same, play slightly with the points and see where that lands the meta. Besides, to your real point I see, how have Punishers hurt you so badly? They are actually punishing now sure (well, really only one pilot is), but he doesn't last, he's actually quite predictable and squishy. Can't you out fly him and take him out on average? On another related current forum whiner note, what's the point of a Punisher chassis if it cannot take a systems mod? Wouldn't that be a bit silly in lore and game-play? What's the thing for? Just sayin'.

Why is it ok for them to change points but not upgrades?  They removed both from the physical cards specifically so they could change either at need.

25 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Why is it ok for them to change points but not upgrades?  They removed both from the physical cards specifically so they could change either at need.

I get your point, but I would still lean towards points. FFG has often buffed ships via points discounts attached to upgrades, whereas they've only once errata'd a ship's slots. I would tend to think they don't plan on changing slots quite as much as they will change points, if only for that reason.

6 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

I get your point, but I would still lean towards points. FFG has often buffed ships via points discounts attached to upgrades, whereas they've only once errata'd a ship's slots. I would tend to think they don't plan on changing slots quite as much as they will change points, if only for that reason.

Understandable, and I agree that changing slots should be much rarer than changing points.  I do think, however, that the TIE Phantom would be a good one to change, simply because Phantoms themselves aren't undercosted much, nor are the Imperial crew upgrades, but some of them are simply too good when put on a very nimble, hard-to-hit craft.  Furthermore, Phantoms are still good without crew, and crew like Vader and Sloane are still good on Lambdas or Reapers, so why not mod one Phantom slot?

2 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

There are certain ships that are worse than cheaper similar ships in their own faction. Ships with these problems need slot changes to be a viable choice.

E-wing fails as an ordinance carrier despite ship ability and linked actions pointing it toward being one. An X-wing is a cheaper better platform, do you want them to be the same price?

Jumpmaster...honestly please tell me a situation where you would use it over another ship? Outside of Dengar, I can’t even look at it.

Tie aggressor- its already really cheap and still sees no use...do you want it to be as cheap as Z-95’s and Tie’s?

My point is some ships cant be fixed with point cost alone, some have a flaw that ruins their design to the point where price changes will not fix the problem.

They should mostly just do a points change, but ships with desperate need of a slot should get them...

Why are most of scum’s turret ships unable to have gunners?

Edited by DakkaDakka12

3 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Not true, I’ve played it plenty.

If anything, it needs a decent generic crew option, not a  different slot.

Saw and Magva are powerful. I find them to be priced fairly accurately.

Auzitucks aren’t great, mostly due to the Reinforce nerf, but they’re not bad. Just a couple points cheaper here or there would help them fine, or some more good crew options.

Currently, the best Auzituck out there is Lt. Tavson. But that hasn't stopped me from slapping on afterburners on Wulfwarro for the lols.

24 minutes ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

There are certain ships that are worse than cheaper similar ships in their own faction. Ships with these problems need slot changes to be a viable choice.

E-wing fails as an ordinance carrier despite ship ability and linked actions pointing it toward being one. An X-wing is a cheaper better platform, do you want them to be the same price?

Jumpmaster...honestly please tell me a situation where you would use it over another ship? Outside of Dengar, I can’t even look at it.

Tie aggressor- its already really cheap and still sees no use...do you want it to be as cheap as Z-95’s and Tie’s?

My point is some ships cant be fixed with point cost alone, some have a flaw that ruins their design to the point where price changes will not fix the problem.

They should mostly just do a points change, but ships with desperate need of a slot should get them...

Why are most of scum’s turret ships unable to have gunners?

The junkmaster needs more than points and slots changes. Its dial feels pretty much unflyable, especially if you ever rotate your turret. R4 would help, but for some reason it’s small ship only...

Edited by Matanui3

25 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Currently, the best Auzituck out there is Lt. Tavson. But that hasn't stopped me from slapping on afterburners on Wulfwarro for the lols.

For the love of Wookiees, don't call that monstrosity an Auzituck.

But also yes Afterburners, Kanan, Saw, and Leia all make for pretty legit Auzi's--if altogether unreasonably expensive for what they can accomplish. Jyn/Juke Wullff was fun, though.

On 1/16/2019 at 3:17 PM, Sir13scott said:

Tech to E-wings would be cool but I’m probably dreaming

It would make sense, as that is in the same time period as the sequels, even though it is Legends. But unfortunately, I think FFG wants to define tech as the slot that goes on ships specific to the sequels. Pattern Analyzer would be so good on Corran, freeing up his Advanced Sensors slot. But then how does it interact with Elusive?