PhantomFO

What ships should see changes to their upgrade bars?

Much of the discussion on the upcoming rebalancing has centered around points adjustments, but that's not the only tool FFG has in their kit. Any additions or subtractions you want to see?

My picks:

YV-666 either adds a Gunner slot or trades a crew slot for one, so that Bossk can actually crew his ship.

Y-Wing removes the Gunner slot.

And maybe the Decimator adds another crew slot? Would let you run Palp and Vader on the same ship.

Criticism of the OP's disgust for Y-Wings aside, Scurrg could use the Gunner Slot, allot more than the Bloop and Zoom K-Wing needs a Sensor Slot (which is not at all in my opinion, second fastest ship in the game, Rebel players need to adjust more to how it works than it needs to become the X-Wing incarnation of BFG Eldar).

The Y-Wing was solid for almost the entirety of 1.0 without any sort of crew or gunner slot. With Reload, Barrel Roll, and a significantly improved dial, it'll still be solid and received the most love of any ship in 2.0. The gunner was overkill IMO.

EDIT: oh god yes on the second talent slot for the RZ-1. I can't believe I forgot that one.

Edited by PhantomFO

Maybe they'll leave it off since it isn't canon, but the Lancer sure could use a gunner.  I suppose the Scurrg could get one too, and the Rebel A-Wing should get its second talent. I wouldn't mind seeing the sensor slot back on the Silencer, either.

I think both versions of Han as a gunner should probably get bumped in points.  He’s really good, either to ensure focus, or getting an initiative 7 shot that doesn’t detract from your normal shot (if applicable). 

I’m hesitant to say any ship should have it’s upgrade bar messed with...  But the RZ-1 A-Wing needs a second Talent slot, possibly a Mod slot.  Rebel Han gunner on Dash with Roark is a brutal list, and considerably worse than Han riding shotgun on a Y-Wing.  But I don’t think anything should be fixed by removing the gunner slot.  Instead I think an errata might be needed, if anything beyond a points increase. 

1 minute ago, HammerGibbens said:

I really like this idea except for the part where Vader gets both, not so sure what to do about him.

It’s Lord ******* Vader.  I could see him having both a talent and a force upgrade.  It is potentially nasty, but he’s a hefty chunk of change and lacking a boost action (which is detrimental for Supernatural Reflexes).

18 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

On board with this all the way, I'd also give Fang fighters a mod slot

My only issue with that is that any new mod that comes out has to pass the "Will this break Fenn Rau?" test.  There could be some things that just make him hyper NPE if they aren't well tested.

Edited by viedit

2 hours ago, Wiredin said:

change Tie/Ph crew slot to a gunner slot.

add talent slot to RZ1 A-wings 

remove system slot from Tie/Pn

Pretty much my exact list.  Nice job!

Although the gunner on phantom will be pretty much useless until new gunners come out.

Definitely come round to the idea of dropping the crew slot off the Phantom. I've been pretty much against it all along, not because I like Darth Whisper (never used it), but because it's a really interesting quirk. 

Then I realised that I've been flying Echo entirely without crew this whole time and Darth Whisper, or Sloane Whisper, are big cruel bullies. Pls nerf.

I'd take a Gunner slot. 5th Bro Echo sounds fun.

30 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Pretty much my exact list.  Nice job!

Although the gunner on phantom will be pretty much useless until new gunners come out.

Maybe Whisper should come fly for Scum then.  We’ve got plenty of interesting gunners and nothing to put them on.

Good thread! Upgrade slot changes are a really interesting aspect of the rebalance which is not talked about enough.

2 hours ago, impspy said:

Add 2nd Talent slot for Advanced x1 (including Vader, so Force + Talent).

1 hour ago, It’s One Of Ours said:

It’s Lord ******* Vader.  I could see him having both a talent and a force upgrade.  It is potentially nasty, but he’s a hefty chunk of change and lacking a boost action (which is detrimental for Supernatural Reflexes).

If you put a talent slot on vader, debris gambit gets stapled on. No thanks. I'd much prefer a points reduction on him (or no change at all, depending on what other ships change and how) rather than making him into an expensive super-tank points fortress.

Talent slots also don't help out the low init TIE advanced pilots at all. They are already too expensive, and spending more points on talents won't help them.

2 hours ago, impspy said:

Add Gunner to Jumpmaster, YV-666, Scurgg, Lancer

This sounds promising