Da_Brown_Bomber

What happened to the Scurrg Bomber?

I played nym in an ordnance squad together with Kavil and torani (don't know if this was the exact loadout) 

It was fun, but in the end I wanted more ships on the table so this list went dormant for me

Captain Nym (52)
Lone Wolf (4)
Seismic Charges (3)
Proton Bombs (5)
Havoc (4)
Trajectory Simulator (3)
“Genius” (0)

Kavil (42)
Trick Shot (1)
Dorsal Turret (4)
Proton Torpedoes (9)
Han Solo (4)
R4 Astromech (2)

Torani Kulda (50)
Marksmanship (1)
Proton Torpedoes (9)
R3 Astromech (3)

Total: 196

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I played Skurrg and Nym a lot in 1.0. I've tried to play Nym in 2.0, but he gets blasted off the board way too quickly to be any use. Last week I flew against Nym and blasted him off the board before he could fire/drop anything. That's a lot of points to sink into what's effectively a meatshield.

22 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

i think its clear this ship needs a way to chip in dmg at range 3. that or make it way cheaper. at the very least it needs a points reduction and probably a gunner slot in the bargain.

🤨 It has a 3 red primary. In my experience that is pretty good at "chipping" damage in. The Scurrg's problem is that it is crap as a bomber without having to make use of the Limited pilots or Havoc + Traj Sim and even then it lacks the ability to make sustained use of its bombs without damaging itself (Bomblet Generator eating its shields to "reload"), so you're better off taking a Y-Wing or Andraste for that. As a mine layer it might work, but due to the mines' pts cost they're better relegated to the cheaper platforms if any.

Lok Revenant

If taken at all for now just slap on a Dorsal or Tac Scrambler and use it to brawl and block. Waste of time otherwise.

It's no longer the overpowered hotness that it was in 1.0 so it's fallen out of favour, but nym is still a solid bomber. He's not being flown because scum have even better ways to deal with aces in 4-lom, palob and the gunrunner

3 hours ago, gadwag said:

It's no longer the overpowered hotness that it was in 1.0 so it's fallen out of favour, but nym is still a solid bomber. He's not being flown because scum have even better ways to deal with aces in 4-lom, palob and the gunrunner

very true.4-LOMismy weapon of choice as a blocker/brawler and he dishes stress... quite a rare ability in 2.0 (oh how i miss tactician!)

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

41 minutes ago, martini74 said:

I have been looking at using it as a good brawler.  Like previously stated, 3 dice primary is good.  It has a decent dial.   Yet to place on the table but soon enough.

If you're not bringing bombs, you'll probably be better served with a kimogila for brawling

7 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Maybe. A Scurrg can get dual arcs which helps allot in brawling, not that dismissing "Dead To Rights" is wise.

Plus the generic Killergorilla is a Cartel Executioner - who has a higher initiative and a Talent Slot.

Crack Shot or Predator and an R2 astromech doubles down on the Bullseye arc something fierce and gives the Kaijugodzilla a better green dial, whilst the Scurrg with a dorsal turret has markedly less killing power front and centre but has at least some guns over a 180' sweep, a better red dial and has both more damage capacity and twice as much of it is shields.

You pays your money and takes your choice, I guess.

1 minute ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Plus the generic Killergorilla is a Cartel Executioner - who has a higher initiative and a Talent Slot.

Crack Shot or Predator and an R2 astromech doubles down on the Bullseye arc something fierce and gives the Kaijugodzilla a better green dial, whilst the Scurrg with a dorsal turret has markedly less killing power front and centre but has at least some guns over a 180' sweep, a better red dial and has both more damage capacity and twice as much of it is shields.

You pays your money and takes your choice, I guess.

R4 would give a better dial if the Kimo was a small based ship. It is medium based now, like the Scurrg. R2 recharges shields. Predator + R5-P8 is one I've seen trumpeted. Gave it a go myself and forgot to use the astro so I need to give it another swing.

12 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

We hava guy regularly bringing @SOTL's junkyard falcon list. Nym in there is great. It is one of the imo best lists of extended, and I don't get why nobody plays it

It's a cut below the Redline/Whispers of the world but if those get a points hit then I'll absolutely be going back to it.

Need to see how Palob gets hit.

i think the Scrugg would see much more play if he could get a torp slot back for alpha strike like he was doing in 1.0. I don't think the reload action is needed, if you take seismic charges and proton bombs you got 4 bombs and its enough for most of the games.

I also miss Rebel Nym, the rebels don't have really good bombing platforms right now.  Nothing that can use Trajectory simulator. Nym would certainly be useful in that faction. 

Putting a torpedo slot on the scurrg makes it better, but the cost is a more boring game.

As for the kimogila, Crack Shot+R5-P8 is a great build. If you are really worried about the dial, take contraband cybernetics. It's only one use, but that's plenty given the lifetime of the cartel executioner.

9 hours ago, Wrecker01 said:

... the rebels don't have really good bombing platforms right now.  Nothing that can use Trajectory simulator.

Expect that to remain so while Sabine crew exists, especially at her current price.

10 hours ago, Wrecker01 said:

the rebels don't have really good bombing platforms right now.  Nothing that can use Trajectory simulator

9 minutes ago, DR4CO said:

Expect that to remain so while Sabine crew exists, especially at her current price.

And Scum doesn't have SLAM... Whoop dee doo...

On 1/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, Wrecker01 said:

The rebels don't have really good bombing platforms right now.  Nothing that can use Trajectory simulator. 

14 hours ago, DR4CO said:

Sabine crew is hardly used either for the same reason.

And i don't see why adding a torp slop on the Scrugg would make the game boring. All other bombers have access to ordinance.

The Scurrg doesn't have a gunner because Sol Sixxa + Skilled Bombardier would be bonkers.

But what about Emon, you ask?  In order to get that gunner, the Firespray is limited to only one Device, has three fewer options for his drop, and costs 30 points more than Sol.

Medium base + significantly worse dial + red barrel roll killed this ship.

Also, it's the only 'bomber' without the reload action. Just another ship FFG nerfed so they can sell you a new one that fills this same roll a year or so from now. Just like the Lancer.

2 hours ago, Dengar5 said:

Medium base + significantly worse dial + red barrel roll killed this ship.

Also, it's the only 'bomber' without the reload action. Just another ship FFG nerfed so they can sell you a new one that fills this same roll a year or so from now. Just like the Lancer.

agree. not power creep but power nerf... ppl own scurrg bombers and shadowcasters and jumpmasters already so nerfing them makes everything else instantly better to play.

16 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

agree. not power creep but power nerf... ppl own scurrg bombers and shadowcasters and jumpmasters already so nerfing them makes everything else instantly better to play.

Partly agree. Ketsu is fine, good utility. Just don't rotate turret and abuse speed