Jump to content
Da_Brown_Bomber

What happened to the Scurrg Bomber?

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Scurrg H6 Scum Bomber has dropped off the map.

i'm not seeing anyone play it or hearing anyone talk about it.

Is anyone seeing it appear in their local meta?

It's deader than the jumpmaster... at least Dengar is on the radar.

 

No more TLT & no more missile/torpedo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They turned it into a brawler with bombs instead of the nasty ordinance carrier it was and locked the Rebels out from having access to it. With dorsal it works as an okay multi-arc blocker/damage sponge. The limiteds are okay, just have **** for bomb capacity for their abilities to make use of (no Reload).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's just the hivemind hasn't got on to it yet. It's not bad per se, just not many have tried it. Same goes for the K-wing. They got nerfed so nobody touched them, but that doesn't mean they're inherently bad. Its definitely worse than it was, but I don't think its as bad as people make it out to be either.

I really like the look of this;

Captain Nym — Scurrg H-6 Bomber 52
Trick Shot 1
Dorsal Turret 4
Cad Bane 4
Bomblet Generator 5
Shield Upgrade 4
Ship Total: 70
Edited by BVRCH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well lets see

Its the only dedicated bomber without a gunner slot.

The lack of a gunner slot is even more insult to injury because it has a turret slot.

It lost the ability to carry missiles/torpedoes.

Despite becoming a bomb only platform it still lacks reload.

The price/list ratio did not change from 1.0 despite almost everything about the ship becoming worse.

 

In 1.0 I had success with generic scurrgs as durable ordinance platforms.

2.0 does not have TLT(a good thing) but it does hurt the scurrg.

Overall it lost too much but costs the same as 1.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

does it need a torp slot to make it more playable in 2.0?

Personally I don't think so, as once you put a 9+pt upgrade on it you might as well take a firespray. I think they need to improve its bombing capability and ensure it has a unique archetype. I think the gunner slot is a better choice for its current kit.

Edited by BVRCH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

I think it's just the hivemind hasn't got on to it yet. It's not bad perse, just not many have tried it. Same goes for the K-wing. They got nerfed so nobody touched them, but that doesn't mean they're inherently bad. 

According the List Fortress data collected by the Krayts, as of December, 13 players have brought a Scurrg to a tournament, 12 Nyms and 1 Sol, and 1 Nym made the top cut. Not popular but definitely not untouched. 

1 minute ago, BVRCH said:

I think they need to improve its bombing capability and ensure it has a unique archetype.

Please God no, just make it cheaper and it will be fine. We don't need to make bombs any stronger, why wish for that mistake to be made again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

does it need a torp slot to make it more playable in 2.0?

No. It is hurting more from the lack of the gunner slot and lack of Reload action than anything else really. I use mine as a (Lok mainly) brawler to tie up my opponent's hitters so my flankers can chew on them, the 3 red + 10 hp medium base can be hard to ignore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tvboy said:

According the List Fortress data collected by the Krayts, as of December, 13 players have brought a Scurrg to a tournament, 12 Nyms and 1 Sol, and 1 Nym made the top cut. Not popular but definitely not untouched. 

Clearly I was generalising.. 13 instances is basically untouched. Your pedantry doesn't confute my theory.

Just now, Tvboy said:

Please God no, just make it cheaper and it will be fine. We don't need to make bombs any stronger, why wish for that mistake to be made again? 

Again you're way off. I didn't say I wanted bombing to be stronger, not anywhere. 

I want the Scurrg to be more capable at bombing, because right now a Y-wing is a more capable bomber and turret platform, hence the gunner suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Please God no, just make it cheaper and it will be fine. We don't need to make bombs any stronger, why wish for that mistake to be made again? 

BRVCH wasn't talking about changing bombs from what I can tell, but changes to the Scurrg itself. As a bomber it doesn't even compare to the **** Y-Wing, and before you bring up Sol, Nym or the bull Havoc title as a "counter", I'm talking about the ship, not the limited crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

Clearly I was generalising.. 13 instances is basically untouched. Your pedantry doesn't confute my theory.

Again you're way off. I didn't say I wanted bombing to be stronger, not anywhere. 

I want the Scurrg to be more capable at bombing, because right now a Y-wing is a more capable bomber and turret platform, hence the gunner suggestion.

/jinx??? 😆😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

So by make it a better bomber, do you mean just make it a better ship in general? Like just make it cheaper right? 

Not really much that lowering the price of the ship will fix with the Scurrg. Even cheaper it is missing the keys to being a bomber. Two device slots look good on paper, but without the ability to sustain its ordinance without damaging itself (bomblet generator is a trap, don't bother) its utility as a bomber is barely better than the HWK-290's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't play the Scurrg all that much in 1st, but I just played a fairly bloated out Captain Nym in my last game and he was really good. I may be mistaken, but Havoc title is the only way to get Trajectory Simulator in a scum list. Pretty criminal that the scurrg is missing the access to what makes a bomber good, especially if you're going to make it a dedicated bomber.  Bomblet Generator worked much better than I was expecting though, I tacked on a Shield Upgrade as extra reload insurance and ended up reloading once during the game.

Captain Nym

Havoc

Trick Shot

Genius

Dorsal Turret

Bomblet Generator

Shield Upgrade

Trajectory Simulator

73pts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JohnBoo said:

I didn't play the Scurrg all that much in 1st, but I just played a fairly bloated out Captain Nym in my last game and he was really good. I may be mistaken, but Havoc title is the only way to get Trajectory Simulator in a scum list. Pretty criminal that the scurrg is missing the access to what makes a bomber good, especially if you're going to make it a dedicated bomber.  Bomblet Generator worked much better than I was expecting though, I tacked on a Shield Upgrade as extra reload insurance and ended up reloading once during the game.

Captain Nym

Havoc

Trick Shot

Genius

Dorsal Turret

Bomblet Generator

Shield Upgrade

Trajectory Simulator

73pts

 

The Aggressors (IG-88 A,B,C, and D) can take trajectory sim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that to be a dedicated bomber Scurrg would need to have reload ability.  I only see that possibly happening when FFG releases a 2.0 Scurrg in a new title card or we get some other upgrade that adds a reload action.  Personally I would rather see it get a points decrease, and a Gunner slot at minimum.  I would like to see the Scurrg and Punnisher  have about the same utility adding a Missile and Torpedo upgrades to the Scurrg would be a early Fathers day for me if it were to be on the points adjustment on the 28th.  I would also be very surprised.  I do expect it to get a points adjustment as others have pointed out it costs the same as it did in 1.0 but it has much less ability.  I tried to build a few lists with the Scurrg but for the points you get so much more with other ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, svelok said:

There aren't that many bomblet platforms in the game, but bomblets are kinda bad.

New, good double device upgrades would carve out a niche.

Or - since they can't be reloaded anyway - maybe the Scurrg can do better as a minelayer? Nym does, after all, still have the "claim bonus defence from mines" rule.

I concur it's weird that it has no gunner slot given that it carries both turrets and devices, though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Or - since they can't be reloaded anyway - maybe the Scurrg can do better as a minelayer? Nym does, after all, still have the "claim bonus defence from mines" rule.

I concur it's weird that it has no gunner slot given that it carries both turrets and devices, though.

 

I'm hoping some ships get slots added/removed with the points changes on the 28th. The Scurgg could use some love if they touch Extended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...