Lyynark

New vehicles!

The Tank can hold an entire Trooper unit, it is "full" Transport, not Light Transport. So you might be able to ride a minimal stormie squad with Repair in the flatbed - the question is can units do anything while riding in it. IIRC Repair is a free action, but it's still an action, right? 

1 minute ago, UnitOmega said:

The Tank can hold an entire Trooper unit, it is "full" Transport, not Light Transport. So you might be able to ride a minimal stormie squad with Repair in the flatbed - the question is can units do anything while riding in it. IIRC Repair is a free action, but it's still an action, right? 

The Tank!  My mind was on the rebels, he's right and I screwed that up.

OMG SOOOOO HYPE!!!!

Does anybody have text version of the card text so us old folks can read all the new abilities and rules?

8 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

So, the Space terrorists are driving a technical, transporting a farm boy radicalized into an ancient and often violent religion by a military strike.....

****, this is getting into uncomfortable territory fast. 

Wait... are *we* the baddies?!

Also that tank is big enough that provided everyone is on flat ground, trooper units can't see over it to shoot another unit on the other side.

And the speeder is resistant to sharpshooter since it can always cancel 2 hits. Nice

Edited by thepopemobile100

13 minutes ago, CaptainRocket said:

OMG SOOOOO HYPE!!!!

Does anybody have text version of the card text so us old folks can read all the new abilities and rules?

Wait... are *we* the baddies?!

X-34 Landspeeder

75 pt Heavy

Armor 2: While defending, cancel up to 2 hits

Arsenal 3

Cover 1

Limit Transport 1: Open- You may transport 1 friendly trooper unit that consists of exactly 1 mini. After defending, if you suffered 1 or more wounds, each unit you are transporting suffers 1 would.

Speeder 1: While moving, ignore terrain height 1 or less. When you activate, perform a compulsory move.

Can't make out any of the other cards, except that the rocket is impact 2 and that the front pilot allows you to increase or decrease your speed by 1. I don't think that'll work with the compulsory and I don't think that it's worth the 5 points

Edited by thepopemobile100

TX-225 GAVw Occupier Combat Assault Tank

155pt Heavy

Armor

Arsenal 2

Reposition: Either before or after you perform a standard move, you may perform a free pivot action

Transport 1: Open You may transport 1 friendly trooper unit. After defending, if you suffered 1 or more wounds, each unit you are transporting suffers 1 wound

Weak Point 1: Sides- While defending, if the attacker's unit leader is inside either of your side arcs, the attack pool gains impact 1.

The front unique pilot cards says you gain tactical 1: After you perform a standard move, gain 1 aim token.

The pilot card makes this tank a heck of a lot better. Free aim after moving is good on both the AT-ST and this big boi

2 minutes ago, BRPort said:

Yep even tougher for Rebels. This is looking OP?

It's pricey. And the fact that it is so low to the ground means a lot of terrain will block its sight vs the AT-ST. The weak point will come into play quite a bit as well.

13 minutes ago, BRPort said:

Yep even tougher for Rebels. This is looking OP?

I don't think it's gonna be OP. Sure the defense on this big boy is impressive, but the offense on the base card is lacking and with only having the ability to take a "light" 360 degree gun at an extra cost. You can get close to the tank; all of it's stock armament is located out the front. Any unit that has access to impact and pierce are gonna make it hurt (read fleets with impacts, wookies, and Luke). Also from what I can see, the landspeeder's ion gun will put out impact 1 and ion 1 at range 4 and I don't see this one being exhaustible. Add the rocket which is also adds impact 2 and you could put hits in that way if you desire. Bottom line is that the tank is gonna have great defense, but will lack offense

8 minutes ago, Gorthaur25 said:

It's pricey. And the fact that it is so low to the ground means a lot of terrain will block its sight vs the AT-ST. The weak point will come into play quite a bit as well.

Honestly I think thats a wishful thought. Thats the same to say the snowies are not that good because they arent tall enough to see over the terrain (or any troops(.  Regarding the points what the rebels get you can have two for the same cost with white defense dye and a total of 4 white attack dice. Movement wont be such a problem because the length of the tank (it'll be almost or a move 2). The weak point? well when you manage to get hits through your slimmer chances you'll take an action away. I still cant see something to counter it. All suggestions consider that almost the whole rebel army will have to prepped to counter it leaving the rest of the Imps to have fun. Its a real great weapon worth every single point of it. 

5 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

It is the only Armoured unit that has red defense dice. So even if you get past it’s Armour, it has a very good defense. Well worth the point cost.

It also suffers two wounds effectively when transporting a unit. So, that seems to balance it out.

It definitely gives another solid reason to include a T-47, which should easily fly circles around it. 

Also, even with reposition, it's got quite a clunky base. Do what actually gets these kinds of vehicles in real life - flank from the sides, attack from on high while it can't get it's guns on you in narrow streets. @thepopemobile100 has it right, main weapons are all front fixed, you have to pay extra (and unknown how much) to get a pintle-mounted gun which probably won't pack more punch than an infantry squad anyway. Community has always said if you play with weak terrain, the game doesn't shine as much as it should, Occupier is more of that. Rolling open plains or flat no-mans land is what the tank was built to beat. 

In general, given mobility weakness and the huge side angles, I expect the TX-225 is gonna mostly be used to assault and camp objectives head on, with infantry either literally riding in the bed or using it as mobile cover, but you don't want to get caught in narrow spaces or push too far without infantry support and let enemies surround you. Another bad news bears situations is you overextend, and suddenly find a couple squads with Impact grenades with free throws on your flanks. 

41 minutes ago, Chili-52 said:

Copy that,  it's the GOCAT!

How about calling it the Puma?

40 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

So armor 2 only cancels up to 2 normal hits. It will not cancel any more than that

Correct. Though with cover 1 built in, odds are you’re actually getting to cancel one for cover, plus two for armor 2. Otherwise hits and crits go through after defense dice

1 hour ago, Chili-52 said:

Copy that,  it's the GOCAT!

Ah... I was going to call it the CAT... But you did it one better... Bully for you!!! And GOCAT it is!

Edited by Obvious_Ninja
Fix