Lyynark

New vehicles!

1 hour ago, thepopemobile100 said:

Can't make out any of the other cards, except that the rocket is impact 2 and that the front pilot allows you to increase or decrease your speed by 1. I don't think that'll work with the compulsory and I don't think that it's worth the 5 points 

Given that you can always use a lower speed template when performing normal moves, there's no reason for Ryder to allow you to decrease speed unless he works on compulsory moves. Still not sure that's worth 5 points and exhaust, though.

5 minutes ago, Squark said:

Given that you can always use a lower speed template when performing normal moves, there's no reason for Ryder to allow you to decrease speed unless he works on compulsory moves. Still not sure that's worth 5 points and exhaust, though.

I was thinking the exact same thing, but, the designers might have been thinking about situations where your trying to line up a good shot (i.e. stay in the rear of an AT-ST or on the sides of a TX-225 GOCAT) the 1 and 2 move tool help you make a much tighter turn.

2 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I think he's making it up.

I like to call it the Warthog.  See the front blasters?  They look like tusks. 

A Puma is a reference to the German WWII battle tank.

So does FFG just want empire players? That tank is way overpowered for the size of the battles now. Not to mention when you add Veers to it. BROKEN! I thought the balance in the game was that empire was more expensive, thereby having fewer models. But some of these min/max lists out there are way OP. The only real counter to the empire is the empire. This tank costs less than the snowspeeder, has better defense dice and more health. 

As for the land speeder, it looks good in the spirit of the game. But, I can guess how armor 2 works. After the hits, remove one for cover and maybe a dodge. Then modify for impact, so for most imperial attacks that is 1 to 3. Then remove two remaining hits, if any. All remaining hits are added to the crit pile for saves.  An ATST could one shot it at range 3.

My hopes are that this is just a preview and that the cards/stats will change before they come out. It has happened before.

2 minutes ago, Commander Czym said:

So does FFG just want empire players? That tank is way overpowered for the size of the battles now. Not to mention when you add Veers to it. BROKEN! I thought the balance in the game was that empire was more expensive, thereby having fewer models. But some of these min/max lists out there are way OP. The only real counter to the empire is the empire. This tank costs less than the snowspeeder, has better defense dice and more health. 

As for the land speeder, it looks good in the spirit of the game. But, I can guess how armor 2 works. After the hits, remove one for cover and maybe a dodge. Then modify for impact, so for most imperial attacks that is 1 to 3. Then remove two remaining hits, if any. All remaining hits are added to the crit pile for saves.  An ATST could one shot it at range 3.

My hopes are that this is just a preview and that the cards/stats will change before they come out. It has happened before.

I second you on your hope. I've been saying the same thing....seems FFG wants Imp players and Rebel collectors

11 hours ago, BRPort said:

Yep It will make the Rebel players life pretty much harder than it already is. The game seems to be getting more unbalanced towards the Imps

Well, we don’t have the full spoilers for the pathfinders yet, right? Maybe their heavy unit has a configuration between say, grenade launcher and ion weapon or something. 

7 hours ago, Derrault said:

It also suffers two wounds effectively when transporting a unit. So, that seems to balance it out.

It definitely gives another solid reason to include a T-47, which should easily fly circles around it. 

Unless you don’t use the tank as a transport, then that particular weakness is moot.

I totally agree with you that the T-47 maybe becoming relevant again. I’m also hoping the othe pilot card helps with its weaknesses.

2 hours ago, Abwehrschlacht said:

Thumbs up for the X-34, meh for the 'tank'.

Wait, “meh” for the tank? It has red defense dice, the only one in the game. It’s attack dice are decent, and it looks cool and it even carries a full unit. What more did you want?😳

And yeah I agree with you on the X-34. I may be weaker than the tank, but it’s just too cool😎. I just hope it doesn’t end up like the T-47, good on paper, but garbage in reality. 🥺

Hmm.. i was hoping if the tanks are good it may open a window for the t47 as a tank hunter .

But no. With red defence and 8 health on the tank the t47 is going to have to shoot the tank for most of the game to have any noticeable effect. It will die long before that.

So I just noticed something about the Landspeeder (yeah I’m kinda’ slow).

If you reach your resilience and roll a surge will you lose the weapon provided by the personnel?

Its not a weapon such as a Hardpoint, it’s a person.

My guess is, no, but I guess we’ll have to wait for a rules update. 

6 hours ago, Commander Czym said:

An AT-ST can one shot a lot of things... if it’s out in the open, and the dice go really one sided. That’s hardly news. Technically it could one-shot the t47 too, under Imperial ideal conditions.

There are two big weaknesses to the Imperial tank you’re overlooking when compared to the t47

- decreased mobility - no compulsory moves, speed 1 vs 3 templates, etc. this thing has to plod along and is terrain dependent.

- weak points - this thing is giving you free impact 1 for substantially more than half its attack surface. That makes it easier to put more crits past that armor

Is the tank strong? Sure, but vehicles should be strong. Do I think it’s OP? Not in the slightest. And I wouldn’t waste a Veers aim on it with that 5 point pilot that gives it move + aim, then shoot. Especially with reposition after so I can pivot before or after a move.

The empire generally does have less units on the field.... this heavy is the far more expensive of the two provided here (and for good reason).

That landspeeder looks pretty good for the cost. That’s the other thing you have to bear in mind - it’s not “hey lets make a speeder and a tank fight solo!” It’s what all you’ve got in your army and how you’re utilizing it.

Ive said it earlier in this thread, but I’ll repeat - this landspeeder technical is the first thing that’s drawn me to “should I be playing Rebels” because the t47 was OK but not quite my thing and the AT-RT holdover was eh. I mean I know the at-Rt is decent in game it just wasn’t personally exciting to me.

19 hours ago, werdnaegni said:

Tabletop Admiral updated.

Not sure what the new upgrade slots on the landspeeder will be called though. "WeaponThing" it is, for now.

Hey!

I haven't read the full thread yet, but wondering if you can add the new Imperial Pilot as an option for the ATST. :)

Having read through the thread, some general thoughts: 

I think both of these releases are pretty thematic. Excited to see them on the table. 

I'm wondering if there is more to Transport: Open. Part of me thinks that the unit inside the transport will be able to activate in some capacity. Perhaps only one action, or perhaps only ranged attacks... I don't know. I feel that will be the tradeoff though. You take wounds if the heavy takes wounds, but you can also still utilize the unit. This could be the difference between Transport: Enclosed (assuming this releases eventually). Perhaps the transported unit won't take wounds, but also doesn't activate. Thinking about the most well-known enclosed Star Wars transport (The Separatist Multi-Troop Transport) I feel that this distinction could work. No reason Luke can't be firing out of the speeder if he is being carried up field, or Leia can't Inspire the troops from the passenger seat. In doing so though, they risk wounds. 

In terms of balance, I still really don't buy into the idea that Empire is OP. We have had a lot of Rebel tournament winners. Rebel list-building seems to have so many more options, and Rebels activation advantage is a real thing. I also don't think this Imperial transport is that broken. Before upgrades, Imperials can take 2 of their Heavy before Imps can take one. With upgrades, I suspect the Rebels can take 2 fully kitted heavies for the price of one fully kitted ATST. The Imperials should, thematically have more powerful heavies. The Rebels, alternatively, have far more dangerous trooper units.