Lyynark

New vehicles!

TX-225 GAVw Occupier Combat Assault Tank for the Imperials.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/1/14/heavy-hitter/

**** that base is long! And it seems like it will be able to do a free pivot before a standard move meaning it will be a lot more nimble than one might expect. And from what I understand it can carry Vader into battle. Even with only speed 1 it will move quite far based on its large base alone. Remains to see what the rules for transporting units will be like.

X-34 Landspeeder for the Rebels.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/1/14/rebel-ingenuity/

I like it! Very rebel in my opinion :) Shame they didn't spoil any of the weapon upgrades though. But I can see this as simply being a cheap way to slingshot Luke into combat with some poor enemy unit.

Edited by Lyynark

Just now, Alpha17 said:

Looking good.  Digging the options for the Occupier, and I love that the space terrorists,  I mean, Rebels, are getting a technical. 

Hehe, yeah, that's essentially what it is :P But this technical will be slinging a lightsaber wielding dude around as well :D 

Just now, Lyynark said:

Hehe, yeah, that's essentially what it is :P But this technical will be slinging a lightsaber wielding dude around as well :D 

So, the Space terrorists are driving a technical, transporting a farm boy radicalized into an ancient and often violent religion by a military strike.....

****, this is getting into uncomfortable territory fast. 

The Transport rule on both cards states that if the vehicle suffers a wound then the unit being transported does as well.

I'm curious to see exactly how useful the X-34's transport is. Current options are Han, Leia, Luke, Chewbacca, and the generic Commander.

2 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

The Transport rule on both cards states that if the vehicle suffers a wound then the unit being transported does as well.

I'm curious to see exactly how useful the X-34's transport is. Current options are Han, Leia, Luke, Chewbacca, and the generic Commander.

or that sole Rebel Trooper unit leader who has the objective box and needs to get the heck out of dodge.

6 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

Don't forget Jyn will also be coming out before this is released. 

1 minute ago, NeonWolf said:

Yep, forgot Jyn.

Also noticed that Wedge can be equipped to the X-34 and it looks like Ryder can go in a T-47.

And now I want to paint this thing up in Rogue Squadron colors.  Thanks. 

I think both of these are going to really help the T-47 and the AT-ST. It gives them something to hunt and you are Really going to want to get rid of that tank that is trucking Vader or the Emperor into your back lines. Not sure how I feel about the open rule though. Who is going to want to put the Emperor in their tank when the enemy has a bunch of DLTs or similar. Also it magnifies the damage. I would prefer something like "For every wound suffered roll a white defense die. On a block or surge the wound goes to the unit instead of the Transport" or let the unit make an armor save.

I'm also unsure I'd bother putting high value units (leaders) into these vehicles, since they will almost always suffer damage in addition to the vehicle suffering damage which is a bonus for the attacker!! Doesn't sound too useful even though speed 1 Empire units will move a little further in the tank.

Was also expecting some serious boosts to ATST and T47, in some upgrade cards that work on both, both I don't see anything impactful. The new rebel pilot helps the T47 a little bit but not as much as Wedge does. Odd, seems like this expansion could have a hard point upgrade for both speeder and T47 that boosts the T47s value. Hmmm?

5 minutes ago, Thraug said:

Was also expecting some serious boosts to ATST and T47, in some upgrade cards that work on both, both I don't see anything impactful. The new rebel pilot helps the T47 a little bit but not as much as Wedge does. Odd, seems like this expansion could have a hard point upgrade for both speeder and T47 that boosts the T47s value. Hmmm?

Looks like the second pilot for each expansion in a non-unique upgrade and "may" be able to use on the AT-ST/T-47. Will be interesting to see what those two pilots do, exactly.