Korlall

Inquisition Campaign Setting (Genesys Foundry)

EDIT (08-02-2019): Inquisition is now part of Genesys Foundry!!!

Inquisition is a dark low-fantasy medieval setting. This setting transports you to the land of Eguras, filled with superstition and fear of the unknown. The Church of the Creator has launched an inquisition and everywhere, witch hunting makes more and more victims, mixing innocents in the lot.There, the Church has a strong influence on politics and most people live poorly while the nobles enjoy luxuries.
Meanwhile, in the dark corners of the world, creatures from grim fairy tales roam the land, preying on the weak.

Check DriveThruRPG for a sample of the document or to buy it :)

Link to DriveThruRPRG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/284410/Inquisition

Link to Discord server: https://discord.gg/kaKWCrg

Edited by Korlall

The Inquisition didn't burn any witch during Middle-Age. In fact nobody was burnt for witchcraft during all the Middle-Age. And the Inquisition didn't burn anybody that was not its job. Its job was to chase heretics and to make them to disavow their belief and repent to be accepted back in the Church. That was the Inquisition preferred method to fight heresy. Only those who felt back in their heresy where handed to secular arm to be executed, that means burned at the stakes the most often.

@WolfRider To complement what @drainsmith said, the witches in this setting are actual witches and capable of spellcasting. Their power is tied to their lineage and not their beliefs. The Church of the Creator isn't after their belief, but after their blood. To the Church, every witch is inherently evil due to their blood and has to be purged. 

@WolfRiderThe idea that the Inquisition didn't burn witches is historically incorrect.  While you're right that their primary 'job' was to root out heretics, this included anything that didn't fit their spiritual sensibilities, including witches.  Pope Innocent VII published a papal bull in 1484 explicitly acknowledging witches and sorcerers, and empowering the Inquisition to prosecute them.  Heinrich Kramer is the big example, and is believed to have had 48 individuals executed under the belief they were witches, and wrote a famous book on the subject.

You could be technically correct that the Inquisition didn't burn anyone during the Middle Ages...  Since they weren't around until 1251...

Inquisition Campaign v2.0.0 is out! 11 new pages of stuff; talents, gear and corrections.

The big addition there are a new piece of lore: The Damned. With this comes a bunch of new talents unqiue to these three unique supernatural beings. Big thanks to @drainsmith for his contribution and help with the Werewolf and Vampire talents.

This comes with updated character sheets files as well. To get all the information about what has changed, look the Changelog file in the Inquisiton Google Drive Folder.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kqnn7Eusi6N_vBj70f2eWynreoXA2cTQ

I love the setting so much! I'm currently writing lots of adventures for the setting but I can't wait to see what adventures you come up with!I love the setting so much! I'm currently writing lots of adventures for the setting but I can't wait to see what adventures you come up with!

5 hours ago, AgniAvis72 said:

I love the setting so much! I'm currently writing lots of adventures for the setting but I can't wait to see what adventures you come up with!I love the setting so much! I'm currently writing lots of adventures for the setting but I can't wait to see what adventures you come up with!

Thanks a lot. 

The Dying Light adventure is currently is playtesting. 

The next big update for the document is about the lore of the world of Eguras. It will expand the timeline as well as including maps and a history of each kingdom and details about their political position. 

Make sure to join the Discord server to get a tease of what's to come (there are maps there).

https://discord.gg/kaKWCrg

Inquisition V3.0 is now out on Genesys Foundry. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/284410/Inquisition

V3.0 brings a lot of additional content, including lore on all the kingdoms of Eguras and expand the timeline from few lines to 2 pages. It includes revamped Witchcraft Empathic Links, include a Structured encounter version of the Ward Spell, as well as new magic implements. It has new adversaries and a Game Mastering section. All this complied in the new 118 pages document. Character sheet is also included.

If you liked the V2.0, the 3.0 is totally worth it!

Next release is Dying Light, the first Adventure Module which is currently in proofreading state.