drail14me

Where can I find a good tutorial video for playing Armada on Vassal?

The official Vassal page has some guides (click on "Docs" in the overhead menu) that should help you at least download and install.

Just play around with the module and see what you can figure out on your own until someone with experience comes around here and offers help :) I would help you if I could but I only delved into Vassal briefly and hardly know my way around! But I did manage to get it installed properly (I think!).

6 hours ago, Attackmack said:

The official Vassal page has some guides (click on "Docs" in the overhead menu) that should help you at least download and install.

Just play around with the module and see what you can figure out on your own until someone with experience comes around here and offers help :) I would help you if I could but I only delved into Vassal briefly and hardly know my way around! But I did manage to get it installed properly (I think!).

I played around with X-Wing Vassal a while back so that experience at least helped me get Armada installed and up and running. Just got to figure out all the controls. 

I am a licensed Vassal Coach, specializing in Star Wars Armada, Agricola, X-Wing, and Heroes of Land, Sea, and Air.  I usually have availability on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  My going rate is $25.00/lesson (lessons are 1 hour), though I do discounted rates for seniors and veterans.  No groups.

I am booked pretty solid through about the end of February, though.

Here's my 1st video. More to come, I might get another up tonight. Goal is to make 5-10 minute snippets going over aspects of Star Wars Armada on Vassal. So if something doesn't answer your question, be sure to post here or comment on the video on youtube and let me know what you'd like to see or need to know.

How to install Star Wars Armada on Vassal

Edited by Karneck

I learn to use Vassal watching some of @Green Knight's videos - I'm sure he'll be able to point you in the right direction.

I highly recommend playing practice scenarios against yourself using Vassal. I started playing last year and practiced a lot on Vassal - it's greatly improved my gameplay.

p.s. @Karneck I love your thematic desktop backgrounds! :)

On 1/16/2019 at 1:21 PM, Karneck said:

I'll work on making a video this weekend.

Awesome!!!! Thank you sir!!!!

I’ll give them a watch then try it out!  I have satellite internet which was problematic when I tried Vassal for X-Wing. 

Thanks for making the videos Karneck! I’ve been debating diving into Vassal and by the time I decided Green Knights videos were down.  I didn’t quite know how to get started so here’s to a quick-ish learning curve and some future games!

7 minutes ago, Karneck said:

No worries, Vassal is largely the only way I can get to play. If you guys still come across anything you're unsure of, please let me know. I plan to continue to make more videos.

Vassal my be my only hope as well. I've got one local friend that is learning the game with me but he is moving in a couple months. Other than that, next closest active player I know if 3.5 hour drive away.

@Karneck Just finished the videos, got every thing installed, set up my first fleet and have it saved. Looking forward to the next video where I believe you mentioned discussing some upgrades? I'm curious about how to handle upgrades that change the way a ship works. For example, the Relentless title or Admiral Motti.

4 minutes ago, drail14me said:

@Karneck Just finished the videos, got every thing installed, set up my first fleet and have it saved. Looking forward to the next video where I believe you mentioned discussing some upgrades? I'm curious about how to handle upgrades that change the way a ship works. For example, the Relentless title or Admiral Motti.

I do plan to do card by card videos that explore each card in detail and using vassal to demonstrate how it works. I'll put each of those mentions at the top of the respective lists. :)