Marinealver

The Future of Armada (end of tournaments or 2nd edition)

21 hours ago, Grand Moff Deadblom said:

I dont think there need to be a 2.0, the game is fine as it is but to get new players a new coo either a core set with just the dice, tools, objective and obstacles and damage deck or a set with all that is now and other ships for example the ISD. 

An Essentials set with the dice, movement tool, damage deck, rules, rulers, tokens and the upgrade cards and objective cards, from the core set, and no ships would be very welcome. Even I would buy one for the extra damage deck.

It could be rather cheap and people could buy whatever expansion they feel necessary.

On 1/17/2019 at 3:57 PM, IronNerd said:

I'll take whatever I can get at this point...

I'll take whatever I can get; I'm just not prepared to buy whatever FFG decides to push at us! 

I see exactly where you're coming from- better 2.0 than no further support or even cancellation- but as a general rule I'm only prepared to upgrade to a new edition of a product if it's offering me a tangible benefit...either new features I want to see or fixes to significant problems. So I'd really have to wait and see what a new edition was actually offering before deciding to buy in.

At this moment in time, I'm not too interested in the idea of Armada 2.0. But Armada 2: The Clone Wars...maybe? At least that would be providing something new, although I doubt it would be as popular as the OT era.

Have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

If they ever pulled the plug on Armada - and I don't believe we are getting Runewared for the record - I propose that we keep this dead game alive with "official" unofficial expansions, much like SW:TCG did.

Oh yeah no doubt.  Form a continuing committee - playtest, balance, and release expansions!  

25 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

If they ever pulled the plug on Armada - and I don't believe we are getting Runewared for the record - I propose that we keep this dead game alive with "official" unofficial expansions, much like SW:TCG did.

The Netrunner community has done it in such a professional manner that it is worth looking very closely at it. 

37 minutes ago, NebulonB said:

unpainted..and you lose a lot of people.

Depends, if it cuts the cost significantly, we could gain just as many people. Dust does a cool thing where they offer different tiers. You can get the models unpainted (they just come primed) or you can get the painted version, the price difference is impressive. 

It'd be less so for Armada, since there's only 1 mini per expansion (not including squads, but those are unpainted anyways). But it could bring the cost down. 

Edited by Darth Sanguis

1 minute ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Depends, if it cuts the cost significantly, we could gain just as many people. Dust does a cool thing where they offer different tiers. You can get the models unpainted (they just come primed) or you can get the painted version, the price difference is impressive. 

It'd be less so for Armada, since there's only 1 mini per expansion (not including squads, but those are unpainted anyways). But it could bring the cost down. 

just talking from my knowledge of my community. how many you could add I cant say

I ran two polls recently on my channel, the first was directed at those who don’t play Armada,asking them why.  The majority were folks who said it was too expensive, followed closely by those who said there’s nobody to play with.   Reducing cost helps BOTH those groups. 

The second poll asked if a ship game came unpainted would you buy into it?  About 70% said yes.  That’s pretty good numbers.  

I preefer the ships painted. But I think we most deff will be getting a Armada 2.0 and then maybe CW like X-Wing got. I would love to see a new more indept campaign tho.

I think a better balanced or narrative campaign would help Armada more than a second edition. The last time a group in my area really got together and interest was generated was due to the Corellian Conflict campaign.

If a new campaign box was released along with some new ship cards and objectives you could breathe some life into some of the ships and open the door for different fleet compositions. 

7 minutes ago, Fraggle_Rock said:

If a new campaign box was released along with some new ship cards and objectives you could breathe some life into some of the ships and open the door for different fleet compositions. 

I love this, but would prefer titles.  New ship cards run the risk of replacing the old (sort of like how the Kuat narrowed the role of the ISD-1, or how a support team VSD would eclipse the existing variants.)   New Aces would be nice though, as the squad game is a lot more focused on synergy.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:22 AM, Crabbok said:

If they did Armada 2.0 I'd love to see the ships come unpainted - and substantially cheaper.  Similar to Attack Wing's Deep Cut model.  

I think prepainted models does a lot for making the game more accessible to other players. I remember the countless times facing Grey Orks or Space Marines from a chapter that had only 1 color for its armor, black. Maybe nothing too elaborate and perhaps in a manner that allows for easy pint over like just an undercoat and a base coat or something.

Now I can say I would prefer a 2.0 instead of a sad announcement from OrgPlay saying that they canceled all tournaments. Perhaps they can actually apply some refinement to the core mechanics and make it so that the game doesn't need a 6 turn limit to keep it from running over 3 hours long. Seriously, Armada was advertised as the refined product over X-wing, but it is not. Has some good innovations, the objective system is amazing and can be expanded on for competitive, epic, and campaigns. Maybe even mix in some functionality with Legion so you can have both the space and the planet battles happening at the same time.

Either way, great video.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:32 PM, Tabulazero said:

I would love to see an initiative system like the one in Legion getting applied to Armada.

That would refresh the game for me.

Sure but instead of like a pilot or crew maybe be tied to the command value or something. Activations was not the best part of Armada.