JJH_BATMAN

How can you use Lambda's?

2 hours ago, impspy said:

Fear of Vader being OP is probably the biggest problem (in retrospect) with how FFG designed the x1. It's so bad and so inefficient that, at the moment, no one should take it unless they want to fly Vader.

I always figured that the Advanced being too expensive and requiring a Sith to pilot it was why the Empire went with Cygnus' Star Wing for their shielded, hyperspace-capable fighter, until SFS redeemed itself with the TIE Avenger, which isn't in the game because we can't have nice things.

2 hours ago, impspy said:

Fear of Vader being OP is probably the biggest problem (in retrospect) with how FFG designed the x1. It's so bad and so inefficient that, at the moment, no one should take it unless they want to fly Vader.

Yes and no.

The structural weaknesses of the /x1 on non-Vader ships are challenging.  But FFG could have priced them appropriately.  There's no way, for example, that Tempest is worth as much as a Blue T-65, or Maarek Stele worth two points more than Thane Kyrell.  That's got nothing to do with Vader--it's just a major failure to price them appropriately for their given capacities.

At the some hypothetical lower price, I think the x1 is close enough to a fine ship.  If they were cheaper, it'd be a really interesting high-skill-cap ship, where if flown extremely well, they'd punch above their price point.

At one price, the action inefficiency of the ship makes them garbage.  At another price, the action inefficiency is an interesting challenge making up for an on-paper under-priced ship.  I think I'd rather have the ships as-is in terms of actions and tools but at a lower price, than to give them action efficiency tools like linked Focus-Lock.  I personally don't want too many linked double-tokens in 2e.

But they totally should have had linked Lock-Roll.

//

Bah, I've gone really off topic in the Lambda thread.

Edited by theBitterFig

On 1/12/2019 at 4:01 PM, Eisai said:

Advanced Sensors won't get you 3-for-1. You can coordinate and ST-321 to acquire a lock, but can't trigger Sai to get the Focus, because it's an action and Advanced Sensors only allows one action. So only 2-for-1 with Advanced Sensors.

Correct. Thanks good catch.

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Bah, I've gone really off topic in the Lambda thread.

This is fine by me. Interested in Lambdas but flying a pair of Storm Squadron Aces this week*. A pleasing diversion it has been.

*For.... fun.