Smudger13

Poe > Kylo

In 1.0 I was a pretty dedicated Imperial player, and coming into 2.0 my intention was to play FO pretty exhaustively. 30+ games, many with Kylo later, and I have to say they have been a huge disappointment. 

Then I picked up a couple of T70s and an X Wing and... wow. Poe is incredible. You can load him to the gills and still come in at Kylo’s base cost. It’s insane how much better Poe felt in every aspect. 

The Resistance faction overall has been a real pleasure the fly, the most fun I’ve had on the table in 2.0.

But boy, there’s a little stormtrooper inside me crying that I haven’t been able to crack the FO and that I’m flying Resistance in my first tournament of 2019.

Anyone else been tempted to defect!? 

25 minutes ago, Mattman7306 said:

What’s your kylo build?

I played Supernatural Kylo and a lot of hate optics. I got on pretty well with the hate version, with optics Kylo was hitting pretty hard. I just never settled on the rest of the squad. At his cost you have to compromise significantly on the rest of the squad. 

By the comparison the Resistance have a wealth of aces who can all function as end game ships and fit together nicely in a squad. 

5 hours ago, Smudger13 said:

I played Supernatural Kylo and a lot of hate optics. I got on pretty well with the hate version, with optics Kylo was hitting pretty hard. I just never settled on the rest of the squad. At his cost you have to compromise significantly on the rest of the squad. 

By the comparison the Resistance have a wealth of aces who can all function as end game ships and fit together nicely in a squad. 

What have you been running as wingmen with hate+opt kylo?

i've been pretty successful with two omega squad experts with fanatical+optics+SFGunner+homing. They are just healthy enough to take a beating early and with fanatical+optics is nearly 3 hits every time mid-late.

Depends on your Poe build and how you fly him. Poe needs as much practice as Kylo, especially when he’s equipped with BB8.

Nevertheless I think Poe is better because of Kylos price point. You need SR and PT to get the best out of him which brings him to 102pts. Poe’s cheaper so you can bring better wingman’s.

I played with my Kylo/QD/Null list against many Poe’s and only struggled against BB8 Poe’s. 

The thing with Kylo is that there are lots of lists outside that can cause him problems especially in extended. On the other hand some lists can’t do much against him. 

7 hours ago, Maui. said:

I don't fly FO but I've flown against them quite a bit and I am pretty sure that Quickdraw is Wedge

Close.  He needs Adv Sensors then he's Corran.

57 minutes ago, SOTL said:

Close.  He needs Adv Sensors then he's Corran.

I like advanced sensors QD. Kylo plus a tooled out Quickdraw doesn’t leave a lot of room for a decent third ship though. And the burden of execution for that list is high. 

The 2X 2A or 2XA resistance lists just seen much more competitive 

28 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Why Advanced Sensors?

Fundamentally I think QD is no longer a jouster - or at least, if he is a jouster he's now a lot worse at it than other jousters.  He's lost both his offensive and defensive mods from 1.0, but what he's gained is Initiative and a better dial so he doesn't HAVE to joust.

I run LW/AdvSen QuickDraw, happy to flank and preposition to dodge as much fire as possible.  With preposition and a rear arc option you can be really unpredictable and still keep firing.

1 hour ago, Smudger13 said:

I like advanced sensors QD. Kylo plus a tooled out Quickdraw doesn’t leave a lot of room for a decent third ship though. And the burden of execution for that list is high. 

The 2X 2A or 2XA resistance lists just seen much more competitive 

I ❤️ the new A-Wings, happy to run 5 of them.

In First Order Im not sure I like any list that doesn't have an Upsilon to give it some structure.  They all just seem like a bunch of dudes flying about without a plan, just hoping to make something happen.

1 hour ago, SOTL said:

Fundamentally I think QD is no longer a jouster - or at least, if he is a jouster he's now a lot worse at it than other jousters.  He's lost both his offensive and defensive mods from 1.0, but what he's gained is Initiative and a better dial so he doesn't HAVE to joust.

I run LW/AdvSen QuickDraw, happy to flank and preposition to dodge as much fire as possible.  With preposition and a rear arc option you can be really unpredictable and still keep firing.

I suppose you could run a LW/advancedsensors QD with a hate Kylo and have room for a TIE FO. I would prefer Scorch for the extra dice. I would question whether that list can frontload enough damage to be effective.

The Upsilons are interesting. I agree on the A wing though they are insanely fun. 

2 hours ago, SOTL said:

I ❤️ the new A-Wings, happy to run 5 of them.

In First Order Im not sure I like any list that doesn't have an Upsilon to give it some structure.  They all just seem like a bunch of dudes flying about without a plan, just hoping to make something happen.

This is kind of what I’ve settled on in FO, too — an Upsilon as part of the list and then building around it.

But I also prefer my five Awing list...

Edited by AlexW

4 hours ago, SOTL said:

don't forget that adv.sens only allows 1 action, so you cannot link to a arc switch. 

40 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

don't forget that adv.sens only allows 1 action, so you cannot link to a arc switch. 

Good reminder as I would surely have tried that eventually.

1 hour ago, SnooSnarry said:

FO feels bad until you bring in super saiyan Tavson to do what the rest of the team can't. Every FO list imo should start with Tavson.

Tavson in Extended, Thanisson in Hyperspace.

Kylo is too expensive and with the rumors of SNR getting a sky-rocketed price tag, he might be a back of the book pilot for me. I really wish FFG came up with a better ability for him. It's just kind of boring. 

9 minutes ago, Jo Jo said:

Kylo is too expensive and with the rumors of SNR getting a sky-rocketed price tag, he might be a back of the book pilot for me. I really wish FFG came up with a better ability for him. It's just kind of boring. 

It’s close to unusable. You need to preserve force tokens as passive mods. Sadly I agree that he is a big disappointment 

4 hours ago, Smudger13 said:

I suppose you could run a LW/advancedsensors QD with a hate Kylo and have room for a TIE FO. I would prefer Scorch for the extra dice. I would question whether that list can frontload enough damage to be effective.

The Upsilons are interesting. I agree on the A wing though they are insanely fun. 

Potentially there's a 2-ship Kylo/QD squad.