Buhallin

Location circles in Dunwich Legacy

Putting together my campaign box for Dunwich Legacy last night, I noticed an issue with the new locations.  The various mix-and-hide locations like Train Car, Diverging Path, etc, have no circle icons in the upper corner.  My versions of the original have an empty circle there.  This obviously causes some issues with the "-and-hide" part.

I've submitted something to FFG, but wanted to ask here too.  Is this a printing thing?  Did later reprints get rid of the circles on the base cards?  The online resources (which basically means CardGameDB, since I think everyone takes the images from there) are mixed - Exhibit Halls and Altered/Divergent Path show the circle, Train/Engine Car don't.  What's everyone else got?

There’s a thread on BoardGameGeek about this too.

it looks like earlier printings of the mythos packs included empty circles in the top left of the unrevealed side of those locations, but later printings didn’t.

for example, in my copy of the base game, I have location circles on the Miskatonic museum exhibits, but not on my Train Car / Engine Cars.

the mythos pack previews show the location circles:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/4/the-miskatonic-museum/

ahc03_cardfan_museum.png

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/16/ahc04-all-aboard/

ahc04_art_traincars.png

I got all of Dunwich as it came out.  Circles on Museum, Essex, and, and Doom.

I also got Carcosa on first release, no circles on the interchangeable locations.

6 hours ago, ichaos1985 said:

In Germany, we can order replacement cards (without circles) from Asmodee. 

Great news!
Have you done it? What did you have to explain to them? Was it a normal Damaged/Missing Components Service Request ?

15 hours ago, spindisc said:

Great news!
Have you done it? What did you have to explain to them? Was it a normal Damaged/Missing Components Service Request ?

No, I just learned that from an official staff member. Asmodee Germany has some kind of "game piece replacement service", where you can ask for a free replacement. I haven't received my copy yet, and I ordered an English version. 😉

I'll just get a pack of colored dot stickers from office supply and add one to the corner of each card in those sets to make them uniform.  they'll work just fine.  

Edited by mhuber

12 hours ago, mhuber said:

I'll just get a pack of colored dot stickers from office supply and add one to the corner of each card in those sets to make them uniform.  they'll work just fine.  

I was planning on doing the same, glad to know its a viable solution.

I got a response to my request today, which was basically a form letter saying what I was requesting was out of stock, and they'd get back to me.  Since I'd requested it under the Return to Dunwich product I don't know if they're out of the original Dunwich locations without the circles, or they're trying to find Return locations with them :P  If anyone gets a different response, would be good to know.

9 minutes ago, Buhallin said:

I got a response to my request today, which was basically a form letter saying what I was requesting was out of stock, and they'd get back to me.  Since I'd requested it under the Return to Dunwich product I don't know if they're out of the original Dunwich locations without the circles, or they're trying to find Return locations with them :P  If anyone gets a different response, would be good to know.

Similar response, but my requests were for replacements for the original "Miskatonic Museum" and "Where Doom Awaits"  cards (requesting replacements so that they would match the Return to Dunwich backs).

Aaron

Edited by Eeyogre