anfallon

Journeys in Middle Earth board game announced!

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:52 AM, Gizlivadi said:

"Hi Esteban,

There are reprints in the release schedule for 2019. I don’t know when they will be available, but they are coming.

That is all I know.

Cheers,

Caleb"

According to a recent tweet by FFG (that I read about on BGG), some reprints should be available around Valentine's Day:

40 minutes ago, Kjeld said:

As much fun as this looks, I'm also intrigued by the 3'x3' game mat they're now selling with it. I would actually be happy to use this for the LCG, too!

The only trouble with this, is that they made a similar style of the game mat as this, which I purchased. To me, as a personal preference, I found the cards Blended too much with the background. I prefer a more severe color contrast for ease of play

Anyone hear of a release date for Journeys in Middle Earth?

And I second everyone who said they would rather have reprints of the LCG, I would really like to complete my collection.  It's like "Take my money, please".

On 1/15/2019 at 6:34 PM, Kjeld said:

As much fun as this looks, I'm also intrigued by the 3'x3' game mat they're now selling with it. I would actually be happy to use this for the LCG, too!

A 3'x 3' mat is pretty large.  That suggests you would need a pretty good sized table to play this game.  

But the bonus playmats they were giving away with the preorders (and they just sold out of those playmats I see) are only 13" x 6".  I wonder how much space you really need to play this?

Ou... has it been so bad? The list waiting for reprint seems to be quite good for Lotr Lcg by looking the uppcoming list. And there Are so much still in Lotr Lcg, that it is almost impossible to keep everything available all time. It would eat huge amounth of storage space...

i am quite positive that Lotr Lcg will get new expansions even in future and reprints from time to time, but there will newer ever again be situation when everything is available at the same time. Two or three products/sycles at most.

Heh! I would hope that I would be 🤣

i am just an optimistic Person I think. Most likely FFG personnel put their kids to good school by using the my money that I have thrown to them. 😂

i have almost all Lotr Lcg products and there Are huge amounth on it. When I go to Local Gaming store and see how much space They have to all Lotr Lcg stuff, it is less than I personally have in my bookshelf to Lotr Lcg products, so the space/ varehouse /inventory problem is very real to old and popular game like Lotr Lcg. There is more stuff that can be put together (in economically sensible way). And I am very hopefull to see more Lotr stuff, just because it still is very popular and Also one of my personal favorite fransises! 

On 1/22/2019 at 11:34 AM, Hannibal_pjv said:

Ou... has it been so bad? 

Last week I finally got Celebrimbor’s Secret. I ordered it through my FLGS last April. I try to keep optimistic too but it has not been great. I do agree that I think they will keep reprinting, you would just think they would do more because of how popular this game constantly stays. It is that good after all!

If I understand well, to play this board game you need to install an app to help you to generate map and events, and which tells you if you succeed or not when you have to make a test ? You can't play without this app ?

43 minutes ago, Miceldars said:

If I understand well, to play this board game you need to install an app to help you to generate map and events, and which tells you if you succeed or not when you have to make a test ? You can't play without this app ?

They’ve done quite a few games that incorporate App-involved play. It is always available online or offline and even in a web browser if you don’t have a device that can use it. FWIW It works very well, X-Com in particular does a fantastic job with the app. It is not as bad as you are tempted to make it out to be.

Maybe, but if you are constantly forced to refer to the app when you play, to me it is like a kind of video game with some "real graphic" stuff. When I read the description, it seems any action is done with the app, and the content of the box only help to visualize the map, the characters, etc...

FFG's loves to talk about enhancing their games with balanced app-integration. Halfway between a needless gimmick and a video game with a physical aspect. Christian T. Petersen made this a prominent subject for the In-flight reports at Gen Con.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Miceldars said:

Maybe, but if you are constantly forced to refer to the app when you play, to me it is like a kind of video game with some "real graphic" stuff. When I read the description, it seems any action is done with the app, and the content of the box only help to visualize the map, the characters, etc...

If the game had a book with chapters and broken into parts of "if successful see page 10 C or if failed refer to page X Y" for each event would you think of it differently?

Edited by Thaeggan